Customer Service????

Joecors

When are Azamara/RCCL going to sweep up all the staff at Addlestone U.K. to put them on a cruise on the Quest to show them what "service" is all about?

Reason for my comment is that browsing late last night through a thread specific to the fly/cruise out of Seville on 21st April 2013, I read that for the flight from Gatwick to Seville on Monarch the departure time had been changed from 9 a.m. to 9.50 a.m. I have heard nothing from Azamara!

First reaction from my T.A. this morning when I advised that I had seen note of the change was one of distain accompanied by the comment "Well! You don't want to believe everything you read..."

The T.A. could not contact Az. as the office was not open but she checked the Monarch site which seemed to confirm the revised timing. When I asked why only some of the guests had been advised, the response of the T.A. was "As it was only 50 minutes, Azamara probably thought it wasn't worth while" She could not provide an answer to the question " Would it have been worth while if it had been 50 minutes earlier?"

Surely it was not beyond the bounds of efficiency and courtesy to e-mail at the same time all of the guests travelling on that flight ; a total of 150 e-mails?

I see no reticence in communication when the time comes to pay the final balance. If it came to a choice between AzAzamara and good improved service from Addlestone, I know which I would chose!

Perhaps your TA was advised by Azamara and hasn't passed the information on to you? I have always found the office in Addlestone to be very helpful whether it be Celebrity or Azamara. I don't book via a TA, but direct.

Phil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not the way that the TA saw it. She denied all knowledge of it. Am still waiting for confirmation from Azamara/RCCL but maybe you miss out on some good deals by booking with Az. direct

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not the way that the TA saw it. She denied all knowledge of it. Am still waiting for confirmation from Azamara/RCCL but maybe you miss out on some good deals by booking with Az. direct

Hmmm, someone on your roll call heard from their TA though?

Phil

It does read as if you're unfairly blaming Azamara. Perhaps, if you feel my interpretation is wrong, you should re-read your OP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...and it is wrong. Still no e-mail from RCCL

If you booked through a travel agent, communication comes through them so not sure why you are expecting a direct email. My guess, given that others have got their advice through their agents is that your TA has dropped the ball somewhere along the line

I had that many years ago before I booked direct, the TA denied the information had been sent, it was clear once it did arrive, it had been held at some central email address of the TA who had been slow to send it to individual branches

Anyway, its only a 50 min delay, no big deal really

You must have missed my previous post. You are relying on your TA's information, but don't have any proof that Azamara haven't sent out advices. One of your roll call members from the UK was advised via their TA so it's probable that they have been sent. I have no problem with those that come here with genuine complaints and observations (I've a few here myself), but do take issue when a thread like this is started running down the service in the UK without knowing the true facts. It gives a false impression to those coming here for information. As I said before I have always found the office in Addlestone to be very helpful and I think you are doing them an injustice here.

Phil

You must have missed my previous post. You are relying on your TA's information, but don't have any proof that Azamara haven't sent out advices. One of your roll call members from the UK was advised via their TA so it's probable that they have been sent. I have no problem with those that come here with genuine complaints and observations (I've a few here myself), but do take issue when a thread like this is started running down the service in the UK without knowing the true facts. It gives a false impression to those coming here for information. As I said before I have always found the office in Addlestone to be very helpful and I think you are doing them an injustice here.

Phil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pleae explain to me why Azamara e-mailed me direct two weeks ago to advise that the cabin allowance on the flight from Gatwick had been reduced and that is a "true fact" . If they were capable of e-mailing then why the absence of an e-mail in respect of the flight information.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion but I hope that you will agree that I am also entitled to mine. Please explain to me what makes your "comments and observations" in respect of free drinks/harpists/ Azamara charges "genuine" while my observation is based on "false impressions". I would add too that i do consider that my TA, with whom I have dealt with on a number of occasions, is genuine and not prone to passing on false impressions.

U.K. shore operations have been criticised by a number of contributors in the past and in fact (not a "false impression" on my part) Bill Leiber in many cases has agreed with them and taken them on board by negotiating subsequent improvements.

Do you consider these "false impressions"?.

I repeat! Two weeks ago Azamara e-mailed me direct to say that the flight luggage allowance had been reduced: Azamara have not yet e-mailed me to advise of the plane timing. Where's the consistency?

At the risk of repeating myself, you start a thread saying the staff at Azamara offices in the UK need to go on Quest to learn "customer service" because Monarch changed your flight time by 50 minutes and didn't advise your travel agent. However someone else from the UK on your roll call said they had heard from their TA with this flight time change. So either Azamara have only sent correspondence to some travel agents or yours is trying to cover up or has missed it. We are indeed all entitled to an opinion. However I'm trying to say that the facts you have might not be correct. You and I have got no way of knowing this of course. At the end of the day we all have different levels of situations that require a whole thread to be started and this wouldn't be one of them. I'm outta here. Enjoy your cruise.

Phil

Archived