Carnival Liberty Eastern Review with photos

:DLove the review! We cruise on the 6th of July. We are flying into FLL from San Diego. We are having Jiffy Jeff pick us up form the airport. We are landing kinda late on the 4th of July. Im hoping that we have a fast trip to our hotel. Flying from California is a long trip. Im gonna need a vacation;) (and a hamburger)

:DLove the review! We cruise on the 6th of July. We are flying into FLL from San Diego. We are having Jiffy Jeff pick us up form the airport. We are landing kinda late on the 4th of July. Im hoping that we have a fast trip to our hotel. Flying from California is a long trip. Im gonna need a vacation;) (and a hamburger)

Sophia, come join us in a meet in greet:). On the same cruise as you. Info here @ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1776901&page=6.

Is the cabana choice first come first serve basis? I feel bad about your deck chairs. thanks

Yes, we were actually first to arrive, so we had our pick of cabana. We chose #10 because it was closest to the beach so we got the best of both worlds (pool and beach). Yeah, the stolen chairs really ruined my whole cabana experience! Not to mention the non existent service!

Those onion rings look awesome. Were they worth the price? I remember the food and drinks were very pricey last time we were there. I went ahead and booked the cabana cause I don't need too much sun.

Are those the chairs someone took in the picture? I was imagining real cushiony ones like they have in the cabanas on HMC. We leave for the Liberty in 12 days.

DH says the onion rings were really good (I don't like onion rings, so I didn't have any). I thought the airplane holder they came on was really cool!

Those onion rings look awesome. Were they worth the price? I remember the food and drinks were very pricey last time we were there. I went ahead and booked the cabana cause I don't need too much sun.

Are those the chairs someone took in the picture? I was imagining real cushiony ones like they have in the cabanas on HMC. We leave for the Liberty in 12 days.

And yes, those were the chairs! Took a picture of them, but never got to sit in them!

Have a great cruise! :)

Loved reading your review! I see you are on the Glory at the end of June. Please do a review with tons of pictures as we are on the Glory in Sept. sailing out of NYC. I would love to see pictures of the ship before we sail. Are you in a window cabin again? We are taking an inside to try it out and see how we like it. I like your "nap" time....we do that each day to and then can enjoy our nights without being whipped. So thanks again and I look forward to reading your review in June!

Loved reading your review! I see you are on the Glory at the end of June. Please do a review with tons of pictures as we are on the Glory in Sept. sailing out of NYC. I would love to see pictures of the ship before we sail. Are you in a window cabin again? We are taking an inside to try it out and see how we like it. I like your "nap" time....we do that each day to and then can enjoy our nights without being whipped. So thanks again and I look forward to reading your review in June!

Yes! I definitely plan on doing a full review with photos of the Glory! I love doing reviews to not only help others, but also to have it for myself to look back on. This time we are taking the kids, so this cruise will be extra special! It is their first time on a cruise ship! We are in an ocean view room with an upper pullman bed and the couch that turns into a bed. Should be interesting to see how four people work in a room as we've always had a room to ourselves!

So I did a lot of research on transportation from FLL to our hotel in Miami. I went with SAS since it was highly recommended by a lot of people on the board. I have to say that we will never book them again! Here's the story:

I called SAS once we got our luggage. They told me to stand outside under the yellow Southwest sign. We waited for about 10 minutes when the beige SAS van showed up. We thought a white van earlier had been SAS, but Lance asked the driver and he said he wasn't SAS, but that he'd take us for $72. In hindsight, we should have jumped in! But we declined as we didn't know who this guy even worked for.

The SAS guy, Hector, loaded our luggage into a mini trailer hooked to the van. He told us the van would be full and we should sit four in the backseat. Me, Jenny and Jason climbed in the back. It was a couple minutes before 4 p.m. Lance got in and didn't sit with us at first until the van filled up. It took quite awhile for the van to fill up and it was hot in there! We had to circle the airport to get our final passengers.

We chatted with a nice couple from Austin, Texas, while Lance squeezed into the backseat with us. We were packed in this van like sardines! I think we finally made it on the road a little before 5 p.m. We thought we'd hit traffic, but it wasn't too bad.

So Hector proceeded to drop off couple after couple at their posh hotels in downtown Miami. By this time, it was pushing 6 p.m. and we had been in the van for close to two hours! The only relief we got was when couples got out, Lance was able to move forward. For some reason, Hector drove past the last couple's hotel and circled back around.

We were all starting to get slap happy from lack of sleep at this point. We were making up songs to the songs on the radio about being stuck in the van for so long and laughing hysterically. "This van is on fire!" (a la Alicia Keys).

Hector told us he was going to avoid an accident on the highway, so he took us through a seedy part of town. At one point, we had to wait for the road to open and close for what I'm assuming was a tall ship. Then we passed a Mexican restaurant and I tried to pronounce the name. Then a few minutes later we passed the same Mexican restaurant! Hector was driving in circles!

When I saw the sign for the road the hotel was on, I was ecstatic. After what felt like circling the Miami airport, Hector pulled into a parking lot with a boarded up building. I almost cried as I thought this was our hotel! :eek: But, alas, La Quinta Inn Miami East was behind said building. We were all barely able to move when we got out of the van. We reluctantly paid Hector and he did mutter an apology about the "delay." By that time I was hauling myself into the hotel. The clock at the reception desk of the hotel said 6:45 p.m. We had been in that van for 2 hours and 45 minutes! I was literally the first one on and the last one off. Never again!

We learned this lesson in Long Beach on one of the shared shuttles although we got lucky and everyone but one other person was going to our hotel and the van was full. Not worth any money saved. We do take the shared shuttle to the airport after the cruise though.

• 1 month later...

I was on this cruise with my DW this was our first one and we got the towel monkey too on our last night and had a great time. Cant wait for the next one in January 2014. And thanks for bringing back the memories and it was nice meeting you at the meet and greet. I hope your Canadian cruise went well.

Edited by hockeyguru32

I was on this cruise with my DW this was our first one and we got the towel monkey too on our last night and had a great time. Cant wait for the next one in January 2014. And thanks for bringing back the memories and it was nice meeting you at the meet and greet. I hope your Canadian cruise went well.

It was nice meeting you too! I think the Liberty has been my favorite ship/itinerary so far! The Canadian cruise was...interesting! So different having kids with us and the weather was kinda a bummer in Saint John. Super foggy, too, during the sea days. Definitely not anything like a Caribbean cruise! Feel free to check out my review of that cruise (link in my signature).

I wish we were cruising next year, but DH says we have to save for a house. I'm determined to take my next one in 2015!

• 4 months later...

Again loved your trip review

I want every nook and cranny pictured and reviewed as we are planning on the Conquest in October.

I loved the fact that you told so many details that will help others plan their trip and to help those who have never been on that ship to see what it looks like

Will be counting down the days till you review

We love the Liberty it was our first cruise (for honeymoon) and our second cruise for our 1st anniversary.. we did both the east and west and had a wonderful time.

Thank you for doing a review I always read Liberty reviews.

This time we are trying a new ship even though I would like to be on Liberty again lol

• 5 weeks later...
Again loved your trip review

I want every nook and cranny pictured and reviewed as we are planning on the Conquest in October.

I loved the fact that you told so many details that will help others plan their trip and to help those who have never been on that ship to see what it looks like

Will be counting down the days till you review

I hope you enjoyed my Conquest review! I still have a video or two that I want to put on it.

We love the Liberty it was our first cruise (for honeymoon) and our second cruise for our 1st anniversary.. we did both the east and west and had a wonderful time.

Thank you for doing a review I always read Liberty reviews.

This time we are trying a new ship even though I would like to be on Liberty again lol

I know! Out of the five Carnival ships we've been on, both DH and I agree that we'd sail the Liberty again. There's just something about her!

• 4 weeks later...
We flew down to FLL from ALB. Our connecting flight in Tampa was delayed by a little bit. As we were waiting, I saw someone get off the plane who looked familiar. I nudged my husband and said "Is that Hulk Hogan?!" He said "Yes, brother!" LOL! My first celebrity sighting! ;)

I laughed out loud at this . . . I saw Hulk Hogan in Tampa airport one time.

Just re-reading your review since we are leaving on Liberty soon. What didn't you like about LaQuinta? We just booked there as it was among the most affordable, but still payed $360 for two nights! :eek: I'm afraid we are going to be disappointed and that is a lot of money for 2 nights. :(:rolleyes: