Carnival Liberty Eastern Review with photos

The SAS guy, Hector, loaded our luggage into a mini trailer hooked to the van. He told us the van would be full and we should sit four in the backseat....

...Never again!

Wow...Hector was our driver the last time we were on the Liberty (from FLL to Miami Hotel) and he was great. He called me several times during the day (while on layover, etc) to make sure we were doing OK and still on time.

The difference with us was that our flight was definitely later (maybe 6pm?) so there wasn't a crowd at all and it was just us and one other family. He knew where our hotel was and seemed like a pretty nice guy.

Now I'm wondering if we want to use them again this next November when we take the Western route on the Liberty. Hmmmm.....

I would like to ask you though...I saw a picture of what I remember was the Sushi bar when I was there last. Is that what it still is? What's up with it?

BTW, Guys and Alchemy are my favorite two haunts on the Liberty. Can't wait!

After lunch, I went back to the room to shower and DH took a nap. I played a game on my Kindle for a bit and then went up to Serenity. I didn't stay long and then headed down to the Lido deck. I actually ran into Jenny and Lance, which was great. I had ice cream while they ate dessert and then we went to the aft adult pool area. Jenny and I had Mocha Chocolate Getaways and Lance got a Long Island Iced Tea. After chilling out there for a bit, we headed to Serenity. It was really crowded, but we hung out there until sailaway so we could get good pictures.

Here is a pic I had Jenny take for me of a dessert on Lido. Cookie cake. So yummy!

379874_4789766986989_585461135_n.jpg

The bartender in the aft bar was very generous with my whipped cream on my favorite drink! :D

74246_4789767306997_1337754631_n.jpg

So much whipped cream, that I got some on my nose! LOL! :D

12521_4789767827010_108758364_n.jpg

Next up is sailaway from San Juan pics. Such a gorgeous sailaway!

After talking about all this food, I'm going to eat some lunch! I will hopefully be back on later tonight to post the sailaway from San Juan pics.

Wow...Hector was our driver the last time we were on the Liberty (from FLL to Miami Hotel) and he was great. He called me several times during the day (while on layover, etc) to make sure we were doing OK and still on time.

The difference with us was that our flight was definitely later (maybe 6pm?) so there wasn't a crowd at all and it was just us and one other family. He knew where our hotel was and seemed like a pretty nice guy.

Now I'm wondering if we want to use them again this next November when we take the Western route on the Liberty. Hmmmm.....

I would like to ask you though...I saw a picture of what I remember was the Sushi bar when I was there last. Is that what it still is? What's up with it?

BTW, Guys and Alchemy are my favorite two haunts on the Liberty. Can't wait!

It is now called the Taste Bar where they give you little samples on specific days (sea days, I think). I think the samples are from places like the Italian restaurant that is on the Breeze. We never went there. I'm not sure where they do the sushi now, since DH and I don't like fish.

I am enjoying your review very much! Thanks for sharing. I've never been to half moon cay. That is on my list.

Saving money now while I am still working and dh is semi retired. In a couple of years we'll get to do a lot more cruising. I'm dreaming of a very long cruise or a back to back!

One weird thing I noticed about this cruise was that there was a creaking noise in our room. I don't remember hearing that particular noise before.

We were on this cruise as well and had the same noises in our cabin! It was coming from three different places in the wall and ceiling! It was actually quite annoying and I laid there many times during the nights wishing I had brought a fan or white noise machine!!! I was actually tempted to prop open the balcony door in the hopes that the waves would drown out the sound.

We were on the same behind the fun tour! I was wondering if you were the one on the roll call who had said you wanted to go on it and seeing your picture now I realize it was you.

Awesome review - I'm seeing pictures of places on the ship that we never got too, which is great!!!

Edited by jtdlmc

We were on this cruise as well and had the same noises in our cabin! It was coming from three different places in the wall and ceiling! It was actually quite annoying and I laid there many times during the nights wishing I had brought a fan or white noise machine!!! I was actually tempted to prop open the balcony door in the hopes that the waves would drown out the sound.

We were on the same behind the fun tour! I was wondering if you were the one on the roll call who had said you wanted to go on it and seeing your picture now I realize it was you.

Awesome review - I'm seeing pictures of places on the ship that we never got too, which is great!!!

That's strange! Good to know it wasn't just my room. And by the sounds of it, it wasn't just OV either as you said you had a balcony. Interesting. I did notice that Monday night I slept better as I didn't hear the noise.

Awesome! Wasn't that tour the coolest? :D

Really enjoying reading your review and seeing all the great photos.

Also, wanted to mention that when we were on Liberty, we did hear some strange noises in the cabin. We thought it sounded like it could be hangars in the closet on either side of us? Not sure what is was. But didn't really bother us that much, we slept great.

I am really enjoying your review and your wonderful pictures! We did that same itinerary a few years ago on the Liberty, and we're doing the Western itinerary next March. Great reviews like yours help make the time go faster. :)

Really enjoying reading your review and seeing all the great photos.

Also, wanted to mention that when we were on Liberty, we did hear some strange noises in the cabin. We thought it sounded like it could be hangars in the closet on either side of us? Not sure what is was. But didn't really bother us that much, we slept great.

Yeah, I'm still not sure what that noise was. But I did sleep really well for most of the cruise. Gotta love that Carnival Comfort bed/bedding! :)

After sailaway, I bought a $20 watch set at the sale and also bought a pink Carnival hoodie. DH and I activated an online account so he could print out our airline boarding passes Friday while I was on the Behind the Fun tour.

We met up with Jenny and Lance and ate dinner from the Lido buffet instead of the MDR. I didn't have my camera with me, so no food pics. Sorry! Actually, I think that cake I posted earlier was from dinner.

Jenny and I did a casual photo shoot after dinner where we dressed up as pirates! It was fun and I ended up buying my favorite. Here is a photo of the photo I bought:

305736_10151601048359721_291089663_n.jpg

There were no main shows or comedians that night so we drank some drinks and listened to the lobby singer from the Promenade deck.

I'd never gotten this towel animal before either. I think it might have been a scorpion!

64475_10151600457919721_351791609_n.jpg

Great review and pics! We will be doing the Western itinerary in June, can't wait!

I was hoping to hear more about the Behind the Fun tour......my dh and I are doing that on our cruise.....I know you can't take pics on it, but can you let us know more about it...like what time it started? How long was it? what did you get to see?

Thanks! Looking forward to reading more of your review!

Great review and pics! We will be doing the Western itinerary in June, can't wait!

I was hoping to hear more about the Behind the Fun tour......my dh and I are doing that on our cruise.....I know you can't take pics on it, but can you let us know more about it...like what time it started? How long was it? what did you get to see?

Thanks! Looking forward to reading more of your review!

Definitely! I plan to write all about that after I post about Grand Turk. After I got back from the tour, I quickly wrote down all that I could remember. I also have photos of the goodies I got and I took photos of the three professional photos they took during the tour-including one with me and the captain! I'm hoping to finish my review tonight or tomorrow night.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I bought a sparkly funnel hat at the gift shop and a t-shirt for my DH (two for $20) and we all went to the Welcome Aboard Show. Our cruise director was Troy Linton. He seemed okay, but as the week went along I actually began to dislike him. I thought he seemed arrogant. He called he women "toots" which kinda bothered me.

Troy was very good. We met some people who had Karl before and told us Troy was better than Karl. Troy was excellent at getting people involved and had a great personality for a CD. I would love to have him again in the future. We helped get people involved in one of the Late night dances and he asked for our room number. Later a bottle of Champagne was waiting for us in our room.

When we got to Margaritaville, we were the first ones to claim a cabana! I asked the people at the gift shop desk and they led us to the right person to get the key to the cabana. We chose #10 because it was closest to the beach. The cabana had A/C, wicker furniture with cushions and a call button for our server. It also had two deck chairs on the little front porch. Jenny and Lance hit the beach and DH and I ordered waters, a soda and some onion rings.

DH, Jenny and I then went shopping and I bought a magnet. When we got back to the cabana, the two deck chairs on our front porch were gone! Someone stole them! :mad: I was livid!

536910_10151600462744721_1436384756_n.jpg

406984_10151600462784721_938374848_n.jpg

532801_10151600462819721_685983408_n.jpg

526624_10151600462959721_22362913_n.jpg

563669_10151600462304721_18344247_n.jpg