Carnival Liberty Eastern Review with photos

Great review! Thanks so much for taking the time to do it. I'll be doing the same itinerary on the Liberty in just over 2 weeks!!

I do have a question, what is in the Mocha Chocolate Getaway?? It looks like my new favorite drink & I haven't even tried it. :D

Loved the review...lots of great pics! Especially liked the shots from El Morro showing the information plaques; hadn't seen pics of those before.

Sounds like your Behind the Fun tour was similar to mine. We were lucky enough to see inside a crew cabin while it was being cleaned, but we didn't see the maintenance or paint rooms. The "I-95" ship-length corridor wasn't mentioned on our tour, but was mentioned on my earlier tour on Imagination.

Who did your tour? An Asian lady did ours, and she was sometimes hard to figure out despite having a battery-powered mic.

You got a nicer selection of cabin treats afterward, too. All I got was some dumpy-looking chocolate strawberries. ;)

No-one stole the loungers from our cabana at Grand Turk, but my mom spent much of the day on one of them (she had mobility issues). I'd have been as angry as you still are!

They were slow answering the call-button for us, too. I'm glad I got a cabana for my family, but I wouldn't get one for myself.

Edited by Pellaz

Great review!! Thanks so much! I scanned the fun times from our cruise, two weeks before yours, we did have Grand Turk Cancelled and extended San Juan though so you might scan just those two instead of all of them...save you a little bit of work. Here is a link to mine.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1829051

I really enjoyed all your photos but I have to tell you that reading this review at this time was a big mistake for me. I'm on a diet!!!! And looking at all that food has me craving all the things I've been skipping and specially missing from the ship. Like eating desert 3 times a day!!! :eek:

But seriously awesome work on the review.

Thanks for such a wonderful review, we are doing the same itinerary in March '14. We have been to all the stops but San Juan before, so the pictures of the forts have me very excited. Sorry to hear about your experience in Grand Turk, we haven't stayed near the pool when we've gone, we stroll down to Jack's Shack, less crowded, great jerk chicken! We do get a cabana at HMC though.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Great review! Thanks so much for taking the time to do it. I'll be doing the same itinerary on the Liberty in just over 2 weeks!!

I do have a question, what is in the Mocha Chocolate Getaway?? It looks like my new favorite drink & I haven't even tried it. :D

Here is a picture of the ingredients that I took on when I was on the Freedom:

7960_10150959916139721_249792224_n.jpg

If you like chocolate, you will LOVE this drink! Tastes kinda like a chocolate milk shake for grown ups! :D

Great review!! Thanks so much! I scanned the fun times from our cruise, two weeks before yours, we did have Grand Turk Cancelled and extended San Juan though so you might scan just those two instead of all of them...save you a little bit of work. Here is a link to mine.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1829051

Thanks, but it looks like ours was slightly different. I went to HMC and not Nassua and it looks like you had special Easter events! I will probably be able to take photos of mine, so it shouldn't be too hard to put up.

Loved the review...lots of great pics! Especially liked the shots from El Morro showing the information plaques; hadn't seen pics of those before.

Sounds like your Behind the Fun tour was similar to mine. We were lucky enough to see inside a crew cabin while it was being cleaned, but we didn't see the maintenance or paint rooms. The "I-95" ship-length corridor wasn't mentioned on our tour, but was mentioned on my earlier tour on Imagination.

Who did your tour? An Asian lady did ours, and she was sometimes hard to figure out despite having a battery-powered mic.

You got a nicer selection of cabin treats afterward, too. All I got was some dumpy-looking chocolate strawberries. ;)

No-one stole the loungers from our cabana at Grand Turk, but my mom spent much of the day on one of them (she had mobility issues). I'd have been as angry as you still are!

They were slow answering the call-button for us, too. I'm glad I got a cabana for my family, but I wouldn't get one for myself.

We had an HR guy from South Africa do our tour. He wasn't too too hard to understand. At our little 5-minute break he said he had biscuits for us and he uncovered some cookies. :)

I actually didn't like the cabin treats! LOL! The little muffin things were gross and I don't like strawberries, so I ended up eating the chocolate off one of the strawberries.

Did you find the ship to be in good shape? Was everything clean or was the crew constantly playing catch up?

I found her to be in very good shape! I did see the crew doing routine maintenance, which I always see. My DH and I also found out why she is facing the dock on port side one week and starboard side the other (and why she has to use the turning basin every other week). She is getting painted! Cool, huh?

I really enjoyed all your photos but I have to tell you that reading this review at this time was a big mistake for me. I'm on a diet!!!! And looking at all that food has me craving all the things I've been skipping and specially missing from the ship. Like eating desert 3 times a day!!! :eek:

But seriously awesome work on the review.

LOL! Thanks! I got hungry writing it myself! ;)

How much was the Behind the Fun Tour, and when do they usually have it?

Thanks

It cost $95. You sign up as soon as you board the ship at the shore excursions desk. Then they deliver a ticket to your room later on. The tour was on the last sea day (Friday in my case) at 9 a.m. We had to meet in the library at 8:45 a.m. There was a second tour that started at 9:30 a.m. I'm not sure if they had any afternoon tours or not.

Amazing review !!!!!

It was nice to meet you and Jason plus Jenny & Lance. So glad that we had great weather and made all of our ports.

What a bummer to have your chairs taken from your cabana GT. :confused: I have to agree that with 2 ships in port, that it was just crazy-busy. We got off the ship a little later, as we are not VIP nor had an excursion booked, and there were NO beach chairs to be found- NONE. Gran Turk was beautiful but just too darn crowded with two ships.

Cari, Rick and boys.

Here is a picture of the ingredients that I took on when I was on the Freedom:

7960_10150959916139721_249792224_n.jpg

If you like chocolate, you will LOVE this drink! Tastes kinda like a chocolate milk shake for grown ups! :D

mmmm...sounds yummy - thanks!!!!

Amazing review !!!!!

It was nice to meet you and Jason plus Jenny & Lance. So glad that we had great weather and made all of our ports.

What a bummer to have your chairs taken from your cabana GT. :confused: I have to agree that with 2 ships in port, that it was just crazy-busy. We got off the ship a little later, as we are not VIP nor had an excursion booked, and there were NO beach chairs to be found- NONE. Gran Turk was beautiful but just too darn crowded with two ships.

Cari, Rick and boys.

Yeah, when we first got there, it was empty! That was enjoyable. Then everyone from Victory came. We left our cabana at 1:30 p.m. to enjoy the quietness (and food!) of the ship! I'm so glad we didn't miss any ports! :)

I found her to be in very good shape! I did see the crew doing routine maintenance, which I always see. My DH and I also found out why she is facing the dock on port side one week and starboard side the other (and why she has to use the turning basin every other week). She is getting painted! Cool, huh?

She's getting painted while in port at Miami? That's pretty cool if you ask me, must take several days to paint a ship at that rate.

She's getting painted while in port at Miami? That's pretty cool if you ask me, must take several days to paint a ship at that rate.

Yup, just touch ups, not the whole ship! :eek: I think I saw them doing touch ups in our ports of call, too. I got to see the paint room on the Behind the Fun tour and boy there were a lot of paint cans in that room!