Table sharing in MDR?

Groliv

We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens) and we chose early dining time for our June 29th cruise on the Liberty. Just wondering if we will be assigned a table for the 4 of us, or will we be seated with other people? Does anyone know how they arrange seating on the Liberty? I don't mind sharing a table at all. In fact, I enjoy having table mates. I am just wondering.... Any one have past experience and can let us know?

I have never heard of a family of 4 being broken up into 2 groups. That doesn't mean you all might not be assigned to a table of 6 or 8 or more.

Once you get assigned, you are stuck for the first day. If you don't like the arrangements, then tell them and they will usually change the arrangements for the following day.

[quote name='Groliv']We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens) and we chose early dining time for our June 29th cruise on the Liberty. Just wondering if we will be assigned a table for the 4 of us, or will we be seated with other people? Does anyone know how they arrange seating on the Liberty? I don't mind sharing a table at all. In fact, I enjoy having table mates. I am just wondering.... Any one have past experience and can let us know?[/quote]

Yes. You'll either have a table for the four of you or be seated with other people. No way for us to know ahead of time. You could email the maitre d' and let him know your preference--I understand people have had success with that.

usually the Maitre'd will have a time to discuss table arrangements if you want to change on the afternoon of boarding. Also you can try e-mailing your ships Maitre'd via the 1st two letters of your ship's name ie... carnival Liberty would be [EMAIL="limaitred@carnival.com"]limaitred@carnival.com[/EMAIL]. most of the time you won't get a response but I actually did on my last cruise.

[quote name='Elaine5715']Odds are you will be seated at a larger table with others. I think dinner tablemates roulette is fun, sometimes you hit blackjack and sometimes crap out..[/QUOTE]

But if I'm playing roulette, neither of those terms apply. :confused:

Just teasing... :D

On 7 cruises, the three of us have been along (table for 4) 3 times IIRC. Twice we've had tablemates we enjoyed dining with. One we were in a large table and didn't really connect with anyone. One time, we were assigned to a table with another family, but only saw them one evening.

Archived