Am I being Unreasonable?

dyson

I am having a problem with my booking

Let me start from the top like most of us here I have booked before and I am rather thorough

I booked almost a year in advance so I could get two rooms side by side interior a Quad for the kids <3 of them> and maybe my brotehrin law. and a double for me and DW

when that stuff happened a while ago with the breakdown they ran the past guest friends and family and my rate dropped so much I was upgradeded to the Emp deck and had onboard credit

When I accepeted the upgrade I said gladly and put me anywhere you want mid ship that is a double and a quad . I figured my brother in law would be added soon

She assured me she would,Now this was not my usual PVP this was during the 2 hour hold times from Heck...

but she assured me she would take care of it.

fater the transfer was made I noticed my FCC was missing so I spent almost two weeks working on getting that fixed.

I never thought to verify she had in fact put us in a double and a quad. I had no issues in the past with that and have allways done that.

I called yesterday Sunday and was informed I was in faxct in a double and a triple. and there was only one quad left and it was a ocean view on another deck. I was very upset. But it wasnt the reps fault i was talking to so I explained the issue she verified my original booking was that way but said I had to pay almost 700 for the room because its a upgrade. she told me to call today and they could do something to help me.

So i called today and was informed but sir you are in a quad now... and I explained again wy I was upset. Which in case you8 havent figured that out by now is simply this. If i was put in a qad like I was assured I would be then I would be just paying the 4th guest rate on the room around $250. but because I didnt get what I was told I paid $700

Yes I understand I am in a ocean view But I did not want that I wanted a interior. thats why i booked so far in advance. and if the rep had done what she said she would do I would not be in this situation now.

The supervisor stated well she made a mistake, and we will coach her. but we have no proof. I explained fior her to check my first booking and she did and then said well we have spolage this l;ae on the cruise. and we cant do that today if you had called a while ago we could have. I explained that i did call a while ago and she made the mixup.

she asked why i booked the ocean view then and I explained it was my only option now for the quad.

she said well we may have the call recorded or we may not. But were not going to check. and she made a mistake but theres nothing we are going to do.

she then asked why I didnt use my onboard credit to pay for the room. and I explained that the rep said I must use my credit card. and she said werll that was wrong too but its done now...

Im furious.. I feel like this was their fault and they should at least split the cost of the diffrence in teh ocean view room. am i way off base

Always, always, always, verify immediately that any changes made are exactly what you wanted. If you catch it right away (meaning within 24 hrs), it can usually be fixed but if you wait, then you will be out of luck.

So fault is shared but you will end up having to bear the cost because you did not verify immediately.

Even when I make the changes myself, I still get back on-line and verify that exactly what I planned happened. If someone else does it for me, I will probably be on-line as soon as I hang up (if not while I'm on the call). And then I'll recheck at least once a month leading up to the cruise and weekly the last few weeks to be sure everything is the way it should be.

I do know that if you only are booking 3 people into a quad they dont have to give you a quad, even if you tell them you might need it later. Sometimes there are capacity constraints.

You can try and keep escalating it. Most phone reps cant do anything about it.

you are absolutely right and I generally do that but this time I did notand park with a personal vacation planner Evan do the paperwork at the portif someone tells you to do something they should order should be held accountable to it

I do know that if you only are booking 3 people into a quad they dont have to give you a quad, even if you tell them you might need it later. Sometimes there are capacity constraints.

You can try and keep escalating it. Most phone reps cant do anything about it.

Lately I have experienced the same thing. If you are only booking three people in a cabin they will not give you a quad and you must find a triple room.

I guess if you have already moved it doesnt matter.

I would be upset too, but not sure what you can do.

My great PVP has been wrong on occassion and her manager would not back her up.

Amazing how they will not back up their pvp's

Lately I have experienced the same thing. If you are only booking three people in a cabin they will not give you a quad and you must find a triple room.

I just booked a quad room for 3 people on the Victory, because we wanted a room with a sofa bed, not just an upper. The Carnival rep assured me that we would not be moved from this room if a party of 4 wants it. Should I be concerned?

I just booked a quad room for 3 people on the Victory, because we wanted a room with a sofa bed, not just an upper. The Carnival rep assured me that we would not be moved from this room if a party of 4 wants it. Should I be concerned?

I always thought Carnival's policy was if you have three people booked in a quad room you can be moved to another cabin if four people need it. I may be wrong? Does someone else know?

If it was me, I would be concerned. While people may not be relocated often, it can and does happen--regardless of what the person on the phone assured you of.

Section 7g of the Carnival Cruise Ticket contract states:

Specific stateroom assignments are not guaranteed. Carnival reserves the right to move Guests to a comparable stateroom for any reason, including but not limited to, instances in which a stateroom is booked with fewer than the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate; or when a partial Guest cancellation occurs and the remaining number of Guests do not match the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate.

Link to the ticket contract:

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx

Well here is what i have found out

They don't give a you know what....

basically i called back and spoke to a lead in teh guest relations department.

and the conversation basically went like this...

Wow that's horrible but don't worry we can fix this,Let me look can you hold...

10 minutes later....

yes sir we found that you were in fact booked in a Quad. and we were not enforcing spoilage then. but when she moved you we were..

yes sir she should have informed you of the change...

yes Sir she should have given you the option to keep your room...

yes sir i wouldn't want to be on another floor than my CHILDREN...

But heres what we can do we will take $50.00 of the cost to upgradeyou to the ocean view room on the same floor as your children.. So for a mere $350.00 more than the $700.00 we charged you extra you can Again be on the same floor as your kids..

So not only did they rip me off for 500 extra they want 350 more to be on the same floor....

AWESOME

10 minutes later....

yes sir we found that you were in fact booked in a Quad. and we were not enforcing spoilage then. but when she moved you we were..

But heres what we can do we will take $50.00 of the cost to upgradeyou to the ocean view room on the same floor as your children.. So for a mere $350.00 more than the $700.00 we charged you extra you can Again be on the same floor as your kids..

So not only did they rip me off for 500 extra they want 350 more to be on the same floor....

AWESOME

You may want to post this on Carnival's FB page and see if Michelle can help you. Or you can try posting to John's FB page. There's no guarantee they can make things right for you, but it's worth a shot.

And BTW, I'm sorry that you're going through this.

10 minutes later....

AWESOME

Did you ask to talk to their supervisor? There has to be someone higher than them.

You may want to post this on Carnival's FB page and see if Michelle can help you. Or you can try posting to John's FB page. There's no guarantee they can make things right for you' date=' but it's worth a shot.

And BTW, I'm sorry that you're going through this.[/quote']

Funny thing I dont have Facebook... I know I know one of the few,,

any other ideas?

Funny thing I dont have Facebook... I know I know one of the few,,

any other ideas?

Let me log on and see if someone supplied her email address. If so, I'll send it to you. Other than that, it would be John's blog, but that could take months for him to answer...unless it's marked urgent.

Ooh...or create a fake FB page so you can post on Carnival's wall and when they inbox you you can supply your name or whatever is needed for them to contact you.

I just emailed her..

But now they have taken 100.00 of my on-board credit...

its just gone...

I still have confirmation showing it was there.. but now on the website they took it.. Ogh my freaking god,, Im in Helll I swear I am

I am having a problem with my booking

Let me start from the top like most of us here I have booked before and I am rather thorough

I booked almost a year in advance so I could get two rooms side by side interior a Quad for the kids <3 of them> and maybe my brotehrin law. and a double for me and DW

when that stuff happened a while ago with the breakdown they ran the past guest friends and family and my rate dropped so much I was upgradeded to the Emp deck and had onboard credit

When I accepeted the upgrade I said gladly and put me anywhere you want mid ship that is a double and a quad . I figured my brother in law would be added soon

She assured me she would,Now this was not my usual PVP this was during the 2 hour hold times from Heck...

but she assured me she would take care of it.

fater the transfer was made I noticed my FCC was missing so I spent almost two weeks working on getting that fixed.

I never thought to verify she had in fact put us in a double and a quad. I had no issues in the past with that and have allways done that.

I called yesterday Sunday and was informed I was in faxct in a double and a triple. and there was only one quad left and it was a ocean view on another deck. I was very upset. But it wasnt the reps fault i was talking to so I explained the issue she verified my original booking was that way but said I had to pay almost 700 for the room because its a upgrade. she told me to call today and they could do something to help me.

So i called today and was informed but sir you are in a quad now... and I explained again wy I was upset. Which in case you8 havent figured that out by now is simply this. If i was put in a qad like I was assured I would be then I would be just paying the 4th guest rate on the room around $250. but because I didnt get what I was told I paid $700

Yes I understand I am in a ocean view But I did not want that I wanted a interior. thats why i booked so far in advance. and if the rep had done what she said she would do I would not be in this situation now.

The supervisor stated well she made a mistake, and we will coach her. but we have no proof. I explained fior her to check my first booking and she did and then said well we have spolage this l;ae on the cruise. and we cant do that today if you had called a while ago we could have. I explained that i did call a while ago and she made the mixup.

she asked why i booked the ocean view then and I explained it was my only option now for the quad.

she said well we may have the call recorded or we may not. But were not going to check. and she made a mistake but theres nothing we are going to do.

she then asked why I didnt use my onboard credit to pay for the room. and I explained that the rep said I must use my credit card. and she said werll that was wrong too but its done now...

Im furious.. I feel like this was their fault and they should at least split the cost of the diffrence in teh ocean view room. am i way off base

Always verify. I never speak to anyone at Carnival without deck plans in front of me.

Archived