New to NCL. Dining questions.

ChiMimi69

My BFF and I will be on the Getaway next year with our kids. I've cruised before but, this will be her first ever. Not having sailed NCL before, I can't compare it to another line. She's asking about the room service. Most likely, we would order breakfast on excursion days or a hot bite late night before bed. Is R/S 24 hrs? Can someone tell me what meal options you recall off the menu? Are they like deli sandwiches and PB&J and cereal and muffins? Or are there hot menu items like wings or burgers and eggs and pancakes? Also, can I get specific $ amounts for each of the specialty restaurants anywhere? I'm also curious to know some of the "can't miss" meals. I heard the fish-n-chips at O'Sheehans is pretty good. Any others?

Thanks for your input!!! :)

Hi there, we love sailing NCL with our kids. Will be on my 10th NCL cruise this July on the Breakaway. Room service for breakfast (unless something has changed drastically) would be continental only. The rest of the time it consists of sandwiches, salads, soups and desserts (again if nothing has changed, we last sailed NCL in August 2011)

On the Breakaway the specialty dining venues are:

OSheehan's (no extra fee) (kids loved it there and plentyof great pub food!)

Spice H20 (appetizers) no extra fee(we enjoyed this with drinks in the evening)

LeBistro $20

Teppanyaki $25

Chef's Table $89

Ocean Blu $35

Cagney's $30

Moderno $20

La Cucina $15

Shanghai's, The Raw Bar and Wsabi a-la-carte pricing

Spiegel Tent Lunch/Dinner/Show $20-$40

We have enjoyed LeBistro and Cagney's several times, but our favorite was Moderno on the EPIC. If you do go there, go hungry!! The Spiegel tent was worth it to us more for the show than the meal, although it was fine.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Hi there, we love sailing NCL with our kids. Will be on my 10th NCL cruise this July on the Breakaway. Room service for breakfast (unless something has changed drastically) would be continental only. The rest of the time it consists of sandwiches, salads, soups and desserts (again if nothing has changed, we last sailed NCL in August 2011)

On the Breakaway the specialty dining venues are:

OSheehan's (no extra fee) (kids loved it there and plentyof great pub food!)

Spice H20 (appetizers) no extra fee(we enjoyed this with drinks in the evening)

LeBistro $20

Teppanyaki $25

Chef's Table $89

Ocean Blu $35

Cagney's $30

Moderno $20

La Cucina $15

Shanghai's, The Raw Bar and Wsabi a-la-carte pricing

Spiegel Tent Lunch/Dinner/Show $20-$40

We have enjoyed LeBistro and Cagney's several times, but our favorite was Moderno on the EPIC. If you do go there, go hungry!! The Spiegel tent was worth it to us more for the show than the meal, although it was fine.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks for the intel BAMBILIN! I wish the room service was better but, honestly, I really don't care. We are SUPER excited!!! :D

For the OP: here's a link to my photo album of menus from my Jewel sailing, Nov 2012. It's possible there have been some minor changes to some of the menus (definitely Cagney's), but you'll be able to get a fairly good idea of what to expect as far as the specialty restaurant menus and room service offerings.

http://s636.photobucket.com/user/johnql/library/Jewel%20Cruise%20112512/Menus-Food-Miscellaneous?sort=4&postlogin=true&page=1

For the OP: here's a link to my photo album of menus from my Jewel sailing, Nov 2012. It's possible there have been some minor changes to some of the menus (definitely Cagney's), but you'll be able to get a fairly good idea of what to expect as far as the specialty restaurant menus and room service offerings.

http://s636.photobucket.com/user/johnql/library/Jewel%20Cruise%20112512/Menus-Food-Miscellaneous?sort=4&postlogin=true&page=1

Awesome!!! Thanks! :D

Archived