Carnival Pride Review 4/14/13

lovermonkey

LOVE the review. Can never have too many pictures!! We sail for the first time on her in October.

Thats very true. So here is four more. I got up Monday morning at 2am and I couldn't go back to sleep. Decided to check out the deck and take photos. The night photos you see is me walking around taking photos. As you can see I stopped and got Ice Cream.

The bad thing about Monday morning was that Pride was hit by what someone told me was two storm systems. We got 9 ft swells hitting the ship. It made everyone sick. We took nanna (Girlfriend's daughter) to camp carnival and it was the last time she went. Probably the same for some of the other kids. I don't know why Carinvial puts camp Carnival on the front of the ship because that seemed to be worse spot for wave turbulence. Anyway, 25 kids got sick that day. Including Nanna. We were told we would have to take her to the on-board dr if she wanted to return. I had heard that it cost alot to take them to the dr. so we didn't take her. She of course didn't want to go back to camp carnival anyway. We did find out later that the dr would give us a note saying she was ok to go back at no cost, but I think Camp Carnival could have told us before. We had sea sickness pills but couldn't find them so we went to the gift shop to pick some up. After taking the sea sickness pills, we seemed better. But we really didn't do anything that night.

I also wanted to mention that we felt that we didn't get the best service from our room stewart. Thru the whole week we only got two towel animals and to get clean towels we had to send the teenager down to get them. But to be honest it wasn't a big problem. Some people have slow weeks and I guess this was his. I only mention it because the 9 year old was really excited to get the towel animals, and I only wish that could have been fixed.

Video of the bad weather. You can tell people were having trouble walking down the halls.

DSCN1605_zpsebae2516.jpg

DSCN1604_zps847e35d8.jpg

DSCN1606_zps5cec6b7f.jpg

This was one of the two towels we got all week.

DSCN1608_zps4bc1a88b.jpg

I was on the cruise the week before, when we ran into that "Snowtober" storm system on the way up from Freeport. Waters got a bit rough out there (not *quite* as bad as the Nov. storm), but winds were clocking in excess of 60 mph. I should know, cuz like a lubberly fool, I had to go out on deck to "experience" what those winds felt like. Could have used me as a bloody kite, so you could...

Yeah, you can get some interesting seas on that run from the NE down to Florida/Bahamas.

That was actually kind of a mediocre day.

This is what we got a couple of years ago.

After Monday the weather started to improve. Last few days it had been a bit chilly but since the ship has heated pools, it didn’t stop the kids from swimming. I kept asking Nanna if she was cold but after sticking my hand in the warm water I knew she was ok. Once Tuesday rolled around, it started to become nice and warm outside. Our schedule for the last days included eating at the buffet, drinking, watching shows, and eating at the buffet. And like the Triumph we didn’t check out the dinning room only once. I don’t know why. Probably because we are lazy and didn’t want to wait in line. LOL. The shows we say were pretty much from the same dancers and singers, just a different show. The first one we saw was Vroom. That one was pretty good. Lisa says it was her favorite. Had an old biker guy (Video of him) kind of introducing each song. That thought it was good. I didn’t get to see any of the comics. And I promised myself I would since again we didn’t see any on the Triumph as well. I guess plan B again.

Wednesday rolls around and I remember waking up and holding my hand against the glass of the deck door. And was warm, even for 6am. (I slept by the glass door) I remember smiling and laughing because it has been 43 in Chicago for some time. It was nice to feel the warmth on my hand.

Today we are in Port Canaveral, Fl to goto Universal Studios. Our main goal was to see the Harry Potter castle, etc. And of course to buy a wand. After having breakfast, we shot down to deck two to get off the ship. They had the sign up saying it was the door to leave for Port Canaveral. I think we were like 3 people back from the front. So you know we were excited about going. I don’t think we got of the ship until closer to 9am. It was taking them some time to clear. After they let us off, we quickly went thru the port building and exited the front door. There were people there directing traffic to their buses. They will ask you where you are going and after telling them Universal, they will point to your bus. The buses were better than I was expecting. I think I was expecting school buses or something. But actually they are air conditioned and have wi-fi. Yes, I said air conditioned and wi-fi.

Takes about 45 mins or less, depending on the speed of the buses to get to Universal. They drop you off at the parking lot where you go up a flight of escalators and then do a quick left to hit the security. Once security is cleared, it doesn’t take too much walking to get into the park. Remember there are many parks, and you have to pick the right one. I say this because we were stupid and went into the wrong park for Harry Potter. I forgot which one we initial entered, but after 2 mins in my girlfriends realizes we are not in the right park. Lucky for us, a Universal park employee heard my girlfriend complain that we were in the wrong park. She told us that there is an office kiddy-corner from where we were standing. They would help us get new tickets. (Thanks Universal!)

Once we got out new tickets and were shown where to hit the Island Adventure theme park, we were on our way to see Harry Potter. It was the first thing we did. After buying sodas ext, of course. Once we got to Harry Potter part of the park, we hit Lavenders. We were thinking it was the only place to buy a wand, but we were wrong. Lavenders had a big line. One of the ladies told us that if we just wanted to buy a wand, we could go to any of the other shops around. Lavenders you can buy a wand and they will give you a show as well. Like the ones you have seen on Youtube where the shop keep tries to find the perfect wand for you, etc. We decided to go and buy it from one of the other shops. (Other shops are small and not easily to get thru with all the people) At the other shops they have different wands you can buy. I actually got Lord Voldemort’s wand. Oh, and I also bought the sorting hat. Girlfriend got the marauders map. (I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.) The Marauders map and the sorting hat were bought after the Harry Potter ride. Which you don’t have to actually ride to get too. You can actually go in another line and by pass the ride, but get to see all the things in the castle. It was pretty cool.

DSCN1644_zpsadf4272c.jpg

DSC00696_zpse9a84088.jpg

DSC00699_zpsbb78dfc1.jpg

DSCN1694_zpsb73b3cc0.jpg

Thanks for doing a Carnival Pride Photo Review...We're near Baltimore so we're always interested in details regarding the Carnival Pride...are you going to do some photos of your cabin? :):):):)

Yes. I will make sure I post them for you.

This part may sound weird since I was out at Chicago Expo last night. We walked about so I am so tired. LOL

Next day we went to Nassau. Our excursion was to head out to Atlantis to check out the dolphins. I must I love Nassau, but I hate coming out of the main port or market place in Nassau. You get glommed on by people trying to sell you stuff. And they get really pushy doing so. We even had people calling us names because we didn’t answer them. (Only so many times you can say no)

Ok, enough of the negative talk. We went to the market place to buy a few things before our excursion started. When we were lead to the excursion buses, they lead you thru the side entrance so you don’t have to worry about all the people trying to sell you stuff. We got to Atlantis and in one word it is beautiful. Couldn’t believe how beautiful everything is. Once you get out of the bus they will walk to the beach where the dolphins are. Our excursion includes the beach, but we didn’t have to the gumption to go after the dolphins. You have to remember that the beach is on the other side of the hotel. The buses around the hotel will take you anywhere around the hotel. That includes the beach. Anyway, one of the Atlantis staff will lead you to the dolphin beach. (It is a long walk and you need to keep up. Not good for handicap.) At the end of the long walk they have a snack shop, which is cashless. (Bring your credit card if you are thirsty) Stupid us didn’t bring our credit cards. They did have orange water (Water with oranges in it) which they were out of by the time we got there. So don’t forget to bring a credit card to buy a drink. (Trust me)

The dolphin cove has three beaches. We were told to be at beach 2. They have orientation for being around the dolphins. (I didn’t go since I wanted to take photos) Everyone was given scuba outfits and told to go to a particular location on beach 2. If you are like me and prefer to take photos etc, you take photos from the beach. There are also two like islands on the side of the beach that you can go out and take photos as well. We did have an incident. Nanna had a melt down when two dolphins did a drive by. Will have to post the video.

DSCN1882_zpseeda3506.jpg

DSCN1916_zps4c446083.jpg

DSCN1930_zps4061ebd4.jpg

DSCN1931_zpsc786ec11.jpg