Internet in Ports and Mobile Coverage

Aussie Teen

We are on a 7 day New Holland Inside Passage Cruise in September, calling at Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. Where on land can we access the Internet? The package prices from New Holland are not cheap and from reports on these Boards very slow. Usually I wouldn't worry about no access for 7 days however my daughter is due to have her baby around that time!

I will be hoping for photos of our newest grandchild and these take time and sufficient speed to download!

Also do you get mobile reception on the cruise boats or in the towns? I will have my Aussie phone set to international roaming which is expensive but we have managed it carefully on previous overseas trips successfully. We turn the data off and just turn it on once a day to check for messages.

In Ketchikan, stop by the Ketchikan Visitor's Information Centers (located at Berth #2 & #3) and they have lists of the wi-fi areas available, whether free or with a small purchase. There are several available - almost all bars & many restaurants/Coffee Shops provide wi-fi with a purchase. There are also a couple internet cafes - one at the Salmon Landing at Berth #1 and another at Berth #3 at the Ketchikan Charter Boats building (very near the Arctic Bar).

Enjoy!

There are a number of places from hotels to mcdonalds. In ketchikan we used a small coffee shop and sat and had the best coffee while checking with home, than in Juneau we used McDonalds. There is a library in Juneau that you can also go to as well. But as others have stated there are numerous websites that gives some info you could try this one seems that they are pretty up to date. http://www.wififreespot.com/alk.html

Kamac56, do you know the name of the small coffee shop in Ketchican with the good coffee? Thank you!

I'd like to know this too...is it the same one that other's have said had the great breakfast (pancakes) :confused::p

Archived