Can a PCC help me?

We recently booked our first NCL cruise and I am trying to do as much research as I can, but of course that means that I am full of questions. I booked our cruise by calling the 800# and spoke to a very nice person who was very helpful. She answered all of the questions that I had at the time of booking.

Since that time, I've realized that I should have tried to book through a PCC because I am sure I will have a lot of questions all the way through until we embark. So far I have called the 800# with questions and I get mixed answers depending on who answers the phone. I know that PCC's work for bookings so I am thinking that the answer to my question is no since I am already booked. Is it possible to find a PCC to help me and answer questions after the cruise is already booked?

You can absolutely request a PCC! Call the 800# and let them know that you are interested in speaking with one, and they will connect you directly. A PCC is not just working for current bookings, but also working to ensure that your experience will encourage you to book with NCL (and them) again. ;)

Not all PCCs are wonderful, so if you don't feel great about the one you are assigned to, you can certainly speak with a supervisor about being reassigned. I've had a few dud PCCs in the past, but have been very fortunate to have an outstanding PCC now. Oh joy! :D

Thank you both for the quick replies! I will definitely call and ask for one! The only reason I thought I was out of luck is because with the Carnival PVPs, they won't help you with any bookings that weren't made by using them to book. I am stuck with calling the 800# for the booking that I made online.

I called NCL twice this morning with questions and to try and take advantage of the $150 OBC promotion that's running for suites, but they told me that they can't combine it with the $300 suite OBC. It took me forever to get to someone and then I had to sit on hold forever for them to come back and tell me no. I would love to have someone that I can call for a more personal touch or email if it's not something time sensitive.

Thank you both for the quick replies! I will definitely call and ask for one! The only reason I thought I was out of luck is because with the Carnival PVPs, they won't help you with any bookings that weren't made by using them to book. I am stuck with calling the 800# for the booking that I made online.

I called NCL twice this morning with questions and to try and take advantage of the $150 OBC promotion that's running for suites, but they told me that they can't combine it with the $300 suite OBC. It took me forever to get to someone and then I had to sit on hold forever for them to come back and tell me no. I would love to have someone that I can call for a more personal touch or email if it's not something time sensitive.

They told you no because you are already booked. They already have your business, why offer you more OBC? If you were not yet booked, they would combine the OBC. The fine print in the offers says it is at their discretion and subject to change at any time. That basically means they have the ability to use it as a carrot to make a tough sale.

In all honesty, you will get better/more accurate answers to many of your questions here. Most people you book with have never stepped foot on a ship, much less cruised. Also, they are given a "script" to go from and those scripts are usually not updated until well after implementation of new things.

So, feel free to ask you questions here as well. There will be times that someone at the NCL 800# will give you an answer and you will get a different one here. I've been here on CC long enough to know, most of the answers you will get from someone who's just been on the ship or itinerary you're going on has more accurate info than someone in Miami. I'm not trying to fault them, they are doing what they've been trained to do. Unfortunately, it's usually a little behind the times where info is concerned.

We recently booked our first NCL cruise and I am trying to do as much research as I can, but of course that means that I am full of questions. I booked our cruise by calling the 800# and spoke to a very nice person who was very helpful. She answered all of the questions that I had at the time of booking.

Since that time, I've realized that I should have tried to book through a PCC because I am sure I will have a lot of questions all the way through until we embark. So far I have called the 800# with questions and I get mixed answers depending on who answers the phone. I know that PCC's work for bookings so I am thinking that the answer to my question is no since I am already booked. Is it possible to find a PCC to help me and answer questions after the cruise is already booked?

On the NCL website there's a chat icon that pops up and you can chat with questions about NCL cruises. I've used it a few times and its been helpful.

Archived