any suggestions for family accommodations?

ro

we're going to be traveling (Star Princess) RT to Hawaii with 3 families; 2 grandparents, family of 5 (3 kids), family of 3 (one child) and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how we can arrange this. The children are 3 boys, 13, 11, 8 and a 6 yr-old girl. We'd like to do outside or balcony rooms. Are there actually any rooms for 5 people? Would a suite be about the same price as 2 rooms?

I was going to see what the TA says, but Cruise Critic folks are always so helpful.

thanks in advance...

we're going to be traveling (Star Princess) RT to Hawaii with 3 families; 2 grandparents, family of 5 (3 kids), family of 3 (one child) and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how we can arrange this. The children are 3 boys, 13, 11, 8 and a 6 yr-old girl. We'd like to do outside or balcony rooms. Are there actually any rooms for 5 people? Would a suite be about the same price as 2 rooms?

I was going to see what the TA says, but Cruise Critic folks are always so helpful.

thanks in advance...

A suite would be more than the cost of two rooms. We are booked in a suite going to Hawaii this Christmas. I was going to have the kids in the room with us - $16,000. I put them in an inside cabin and we kept the suite - $14,000. If we did two balconies instead of a suite - $10,400.

So I would recommend getting balcony cabins next to each other. You can open up the doors on the balcony to connect with the other rooms. Just make sure your balconies connect. Not all do. Some have a firewall.

Please keep in mind that an adult needs to be in each room with children under 18. Could one of the children share a room with a grandparent? (2 adults + 2 kids) and 2 grandparents with 1 child) and one family of 3. I know that some rooms have connecting balconies but it isn't as convenient as doors between the rooms like in a hotel.

I have heard about family suites but have no experience with them.

Renee

I think I would go with a mini suite that sleeps 4 and 2 inside cabins. Hopefully you could get the inside cabins right across the hall from the mini suite. The mini suite is bigger inside than a balcony cabin and would have a bigger balcony as well.

The downside of getting 2 balcony cabins or 2 mini suites adjacent is that most of the time everyone congregates on one balcony or in one room anyway. :rolleyes:

Have fun on the cruise! Multi generations is always fun!

Archived