Seabourn "Extraordinary Values" not so extraordinary!

1straveler

I received an email from Seabourn today about their "Suite Sale". When I went to Caribbean cruises it listed several 10 day Fall cruises on the Sojourn. The Seabourn web page stated that a complimentary upgrade from ocean view to veranda suite was available on select sailings. I called Seaboun to book and they told me it was not available for the date I requested. I told them I was flexible and asked what dates the upgrades were available. I was then informed that there were no upgrades on any of the dates. I then spoke to a supervisor who informed me that the free upgrades should have been removed from the web page for all of the listed sailings. I told her that Seaboun was misrepresenting the facts by sending out an email on a sale and not agreeing to their own terms. I was informed that the web page would be corrected today. I do not feel that is sufficient and let her know so. She agreed to talk with "the powers that be", whoever that is and see if anything could be done. I explained that I do not intend to drop this if I have to go to the president of Seabourn. It is not that I wanted so badly to go on that cruise or ship, but there is a matter of business ethics involved.

Seabourn just called me and honored their advertised price. Hooray for Seabourn doing the right thing. They further advised me that they had taken the promo from their website so there would be no further problems.

I really enjoy the Seabourn experience and was very flexible in which cruise we booked. Last month we cruised the Queen Elizabeth in the princess grills and had an unbelievable experience. Although I am generally a big fan of Seabourn, the Cunard grills have opened equally enjoyable avenue for us.

I appreciate the way Seabourn responded in the end but it began with an 8:30 am phone call where I had to get a supervisor involved. I was finally told that the upgrade did not apply to the specific cruise I had inquired about. I contacted my travel agent who was told the same. I called back and spoke to a different agent who said he could not find any of the cruises it applied to so I asked for his supervisor. This is when I was informed that it was posted and emailed in error and the upgrade was not being offered. Seabourn did respond in a few hours and even apologized about how long it took them to get back with me. I was quite pleased with the outcome but not how it was handled early on or the process to get there. Two agents, two supervisors, "the powers that be" at Seabourn, holding on the phone for over thirty minutes while agents conferred with supervisors, just to book a cruise that should have been a simple process.

I received the email with the promo and she knew nothing about it. After I worked things out with Seabourn, she took over the reservation and even reduced the price further. We corresponded throughout the process.

I received an email from Seabourn today about their "Suite Sale". When I went to Caribbean cruises it listed several 10 day Fall cruises on the Sojourn. The Seabourn web page stated that a complimentary upgrade from ocean view to veranda suite was available on select sailings. I called Seaboun to book and they told me it was not available for the date I requested. I told them I was flexible and asked what dates the upgrades were available. I was then informed that there were no upgrades on any of the dates. I then spoke to a supervisor who informed me that the free upgrades should have been removed from the web page for all of the listed sailings. I told her that Seaboun was misrepresenting the facts by sending out an email on a sale and not agreeing to their own terms. I was informed that the web page would be corrected today. I do not feel that is sufficient and let her know so. She agreed to talk with "the powers that be", whoever that is and see if anything could be done. I explained that I do not intend to drop this if I have to go to the president of Seabourn. It is not that I wanted so badly to go on that cruise or ship, but there is a matter of business ethics involved.

What amazes me that no one has complained to a consumer watchdog.

All the cruise companies are doing this sort of thing , and in Australia it is

known as Bait Advertising and is covered by the ACCC :mad:

Bait Advertising - ACCC .pdf

Don't put yourself on the hook with bait advertising

I appreciate the way Seabourn responded in the end but it began with an 8:30 am phone call where I had to get a supervisor involved. I was finally told that the upgrade did not apply to the specific cruise I had inquired about. I contacted my travel agent who was told the same. I called back and spoke to a different agent who said he could not find any of the cruises it applied to so I asked for his supervisor. This is when I was informed that it was posted and emailed in error and the upgrade was not being offered. Seabourn did respond in a few hours and even apologized about how long it took them to get back with me. I was quite pleased with the outcome but not how it was handled early on or the process to get there. Two agents, two supervisors, "the powers that be" at Seabourn, holding on the phone for over thirty minutes while agents conferred with supervisors, just to book a cruise that should have been a simple process.

I would be more concerned about your travel agent who should have taken this problem away from you and handled everything .

You need not have been troubled with this if you had a good travel agent.

A good outcome all the same.

We wanted a swan song cruise on one of the little sista’s before they leave the Seabourn family.

Had our eyes on a December Caribbean cruise on the Pride and saw the cost would be a full $2,000 less than a week before…we jumped all ova’ it and are confirmed.

The prices on a select few cruises are extraordinary values indeed !

___‹~›__‹(•¿•)›__‹~›___

Archived