when will quantum bookings open?

Itineraries and bookings open for Crown and Anchor members on 5/27. Everyone else will follow sometime after that. There are general planned routes shown on the RCI website under the Quantum of the Seas, all based out of Bayonne, NJ.

That date may be changed to 5/28 because RCI would have to pay double time for working on a holiday.

Hi there Bill! Hope all is well.:)

Here is a link to the itineraries....no dates or prices yet.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/meet-the-ship/itineraries/

Hi Roe,

Long time no see. I am well here.

Hope you are as well.

I see you went on the Oasis. I am so jealous. I'd love to go on her or the Allure some day.

Take care :)

Bill

Hi Roe,

Long time no see. I am well here.

Hope you are as well.

I see you went on the Oasis. I am so jealous. I'd love to go on her or the Allure some day.

Take care :)

Bill

As long as I have a cruise booked, everything is great!;)

Yes, Bill...you have to try Oasis or Allure in the future...my goodness what an incredible ship....best cruise to date!

I now await for the dates and prices for Quantum....I love it that it is in my backyard!:D

As long as I have a cruise booked, everything is great!;)

Yes, Bill...you have to try Oasis or Allure in the future...my goodness what an incredible ship....best cruise to date!

I now await for the dates and prices for Quantum....I love it that it is in my backyard!:D

Waiting on that too! Hopefully it won't an astronomic price but seeing that it is cruising from NY and a brand new ship I won't be surprised if it is.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to depositing the QUANTUM; however, sure wish Cape Liberty wasn't so nasty, dirty, and challenging to drive - not to mention price to park.

Baltimore is so easy in / easy out and only $15/ntly.

no way to get to the ship w/o the driving/parking hassle

Looking forward to depositing the QUANTUM; however' date=' sure wish Cape Liberty wasn't so nasty, dirty, and challenging to drive - not to mention price to park.

no way to get to the ship w/o the driving/parking hassle[/quote']

How much is the parking there?

My buddy cruises on the Explorer all the time and says it's very easy to get there?

Bill

How much is the parking there?

My buddy cruises on the Explorer all the time and says it's very easy to get there?

Bill

It is easy to get to. The remark was probably a disgruntled person who doesn't want the ship to be in Bayonne.

Easy Peasy:

NJ Turnpike (I-95) to Exit 14A. Follow signs for Route 440 South to Port Terminal Blvd, then turn left. This is the entrance for the "Peninsula at Bayonne Harbor" or the old "Military Ocean Terminal Bayonne." Continue straight and approach the guard gate. Continue past the guard gate and follow the signs to the cruise terminal.

:D

Can't go by car, here are alternatives:

By train:

Take the PATH Rapid Transit System train from Manhattan to Jersey City or Hoboken.

Outside the PATH Station, take the NJ Hudson-Bergen Light Rail train to Bayonne.

Get off at the 34th Street Station in Bayonne.

You are now directly across Route 440 from the Peninsula at Bayonne Harbor, which includes the Cape Liberty Cruise Port.

Call one of the three Bayonne taxi cab companies to drive you to the cruise port, which is about two miles east of the Light Rail line.

By bus:

East Coast regional Motorcoach Program (a service provided by Entertainment Tours) - call (800) 310-9900 for reservations or book online. Please contact Entertainment Tours for rates and pick up locations.

From the Port Authority Bus Terminal, take the 99S bus to Bayonne.

The 99S bus travels along Kennedy Boulevard into Bayonne and stops on request every three blocks.

When you reach 33rd Street and Kennedy Boulevard in Bayonne, you will be at the closest point on the bus route to the cruise port.

Call one of the three Bayonne taxi cab companies to drive you to the cruise port, which is about three miles east of Kennedy Boulevard.

Sounds like a bargain to me especially after paying $35 a day in NY last summer.:eek:

Bill

I would say so !!! A friend of mine owns his own company is able to network with limo companies/van services, so we usually end up booking a van service cheap and they pick us all up. Then there is the availability of taking the train up to newark.

It is easy to get to. The remark was probably a disgruntled person who doesn't want the ship to be in Bayonne.

Baltimore is definitely easier than Bayonne. I'd say that too, but it hasn't stopped me from sailing out of Bayonne 3x.

Judy

Looking forward to depositing the QUANTUM; however' date=' sure wish Cape Liberty wasn't so nasty, dirty, and challenging to drive - not to mention price to park.

no way to get to the ship w/o the driving/parking hassle[/quote']

Sorry for your loss, lol

Only upside to NJ over Baltimore is having the big apple across the river. As far as the ports themselves its true Baltimore is a nicer port.

They are both industrial ports with cruise terminals located inside of them. I cruised out of both on many occasions and favor Bayonne.

no way to get to the ship w/o the driving/parking hassle[/quote']What exactly is so challenging?? The price to park is $19.00/day...certainly not an astronimical difference from Baltimore's rate.

Archived