Just off the Breakaway

Are all the wines the exact same in the various wine dispensers? Also, are there wine glasses nearby or do we have to use plastic cups? Are the fees you posted include the 15% gratuity?

The prices were posted as three different sizes, didn't indicate if a gratuity was added or not. Was just a display above each type providing the different costs for each one.

I seemed to think you had to bring your own wine glass, as I don't recall seeing any near the machines. Only cups I remember were the plastic ones at the buffet.

There is the main pool but if you look between the kids play area and the end of the water slides is another decent sized pool. The marketplace is in between the two and is where they had set up an outside gift shop.

Samples on the wine dispensers started around 1.95. They are located at the atrium and garden cafe.

I've seen a picture, but what exactly is the "marketplace"?

Are all the wines the exact same in the various wine dispensers? Also, are there wine glasses nearby or do we have to use plastic cups? Are the fees you posted include the 15% gratuity?

A wine dispenser doesn't require a gratuity :D

It is ridiculous for self-serve but it IS charged anyway at the wine dispensers according to the reviews posted.

SOMEbody needs to keep it stocked, cleaned, etc.

Did you or someone you know happen to try the lemonade? My son only drinks milk and lemonade...but not fresh lemonade, something like Minute Maid in the can or bottle...just wondering which one they have there. Last cruise I brought the single serving size Country Time packets but would be much easier not to! Thank you for the great pictures!!

It is ridiculous for self-serve but it IS charged anyway at the wine dispensers according to the reviews posted.

They are designed for convenience, and not to save the customer money. If they were 15% lower in cost, then customers would avoid the waiters and buy from machines. Over the course of a cruise, the crew would lose a lot of money to this - as well as be mandated to fill, clean, maintain the machines.

This keeps the machine on par with an actual human, and does not take away their jobs. The money is more than likely joined into the pool of tips for those working the buffet and other areas where these machines are located, and wait staff are too - it just frees up the staff to attend to those ordering other drinks.

mere7ejy.jpg

Getting the hang of this now!

I'll be traveling with two DS ages 11 & 5 (by then) and I have to police the juice drinking at home now. I think it's better that I start getting used to the idea that I will not be able to do that on this trip. :eek: I can almost see the sugar overload happening already...:D

I'll be traveling with two DS ages 11 & 5 (by then) and I have to police the juice drinking at home now. I think it's better that I start getting used to the idea that I will not be able to do that on this trip. :eek: I can almost see the sugar overload happening already...:D

The strawberry kiwi and mango are sugar free flavored water....

and about the wine glasses, they have a few sizes wight there next to the machines....

and about the wine glasses, they have a few sizes wight there next to the machines....

I emailed Nestle hoping for a response, but do you know if sugar free means unsweetened or is it artificially sweetened? I googled and searched but cannot find an ingredient list. Makes me wonder........

I emailed Nestle hoping for a response, but do you know if sugar free means unsweetened or is it artificially sweetened? I googled and searched but cannot find an ingredient list. Makes me wonder........

I am not sure but prob artificial sweetener because it def had something in it but wasn't sweet..... but more then just flavor.... says sugar free above mango and as well about strawberry kiwi.... most went for strawberry kiwi as it was always being refilled....

I am not sure but prob artificial sweetener because it def had something in it but wasn't sweet..... but more then just flavor.... says sugar free above mango and as well about strawberry kiwi.... most went for strawberry kiwi as it was always being refilled....

Thanks, I'm hoping for no artificial sweeteners. I'll post if I ever find out from Nestle.

Well, that's good to know but, once they figure that out, they'll dump it and go for the lemonade! :D:D:D Chances are that those have artificial sweetners and they can tell the difference.

Archived