First time X cruiser, question re: Formal night

lardan

I have been on many RCCL cruises, but never on Celebrity. Without getting into the bashing about formal nights, and all the "Why can't you just dress up one night", I am asking a simple question.

If I am not dressed in a tux/suit/sportcoat on formal night, will I be refused entry into the dining room??

Thanks for your answers

Thanks for asking this - I will be interested in the answer as we are scheduled on a Caribbean Summit sailing and I am looking to have my DH and DS wear pants, dress shirt and tie and NO jacket. I have read reviews that imply that this will be fine and others that say is it up to the staff manning that particular dining room of your sailing.

Thanks again for asking.

Will you be refused entry? Maybe....a better than even chance of it. But that is just a subjective guess.

They may hand you a coat to wear, they may look the other way and in your go, they may let you in that night and ask you to wear a jacket the next time.....

I bet all of that really helps you a lot. Sorry.

enjoy your cruise!

Den

I have been on many RCCL cruises, but never on Celebrity. Without getting into the bashing about formal nights, and all the "Why can't you just dress up one night", I am asking a simple question.

If I am not dressed in a tux/suit/sportcoat on formal night, will I be refused entry into the dining room??

Thanks for your answers

I can only speak to my last cruise on the Summit in November. There were gentlemen in long sleeved shirts (not tucked in and no tie) and jeans and they were admitted during the formal nights to the MDR (they were not given a coat to wear). I guess it just depends on the ship and the dining room manager.

As for your first question, many really enjoy dressing up, I'm one of those and it is nice to dress up on two nights.

The truth is you might or might not be admitted. Unlike RCI (that has a dress "suggestion") Celebrity does have an actual dress code and the dress code does require jackets on formal night in the MDR for men. That said enforcement is highly variable. On some cruises they let no jacket pass, on some cruises they hand people without jacket a jacket to wear upon arrival and on some cruises they deny them entry. All other dining venues do not require a jacket on formal night.

My suggestion is that if you choose not to dress up on Formal nights, then go elsewhere to have dinner. Then you don't have to take the chance of being embarrassed if you're turned away.

Thanks for your suggestion

Archived