Shipmate Deserters

Anthony63

We've been to Jamaica a couple of times...I don't care for it. Most likely will just shop around dock. Need to find Del sol and Margaritaville........lol

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We've been to Jamaica a couple of times...I don't care for it. Most likely will just shop around dock. Need to find Del sol and Margaritaville........lol

Have you been to Falmouth before Bill? Sounds like a new port. I'm interested to see some of the history of the town..it's been compared to Colonial Williamsburg

Check it out! This is from the June 8th Oasis sailing via the Port Everglades webcam. They purposely zoom the webcam in to that area (port side aft) of decks 10-12 to get a good view of the passengers waving goodbye! I'll be there with hubby on June 22!

imagesCA8QL5BA.jpg.c9d5f449aa1f047c9921c41d0d641358.jpg

Edited by Thefinkelfour

Never been to Falmouth, I wanna say we landed near Kingston in the past.

I'm excited to check it out! Hopefully the weather cooperates so we can do our river-tubing and then get a tour of the city by horse and buggy after. :o I've started daydreaming "Two weeks from now we'll be....". I know coworkers, friends and family are getting tired of me!

Check it out! This is from the June 8th Oasis sailing via the Port Everglades webcam. They purposely zoom the webcam in to that area (port side aft) of decks 10-12 to get a good view of the passengers waving goodbye! I'll be there with hubby on June 22!

Tried it but it is a broke link. If i am able i will check out the webcam when you sail away

I have an android phone. When i restart it my link is no longer back on my page for this app anyone else have the same thing happen to them.

I have an Android too, never had that problem before but I *do* have to click the favorites 'heart' icon to get into my subscribed threads.

Well after Debbie, Amy and Teddy i am starting to re-think the drink package. My just take a couple of bottles of wine on board and go from there.

Well back on the fence again. I read a thread but can't find it now. It was about a guy who listed what he drank in a day starting with a blood Mary and ending with a nightcap. It was well written. Was going to post it but can't find it again.

Yes....but the real question is.....does he remember the rest of the cruise???.....lol

Bill

The thing that has me really on the fence is on a normal day i can drink a 12 pack and keep an even keel. Or around 10 Bombay sapphire gin & tonics.

The thing that has me really on the fence is on a normal day i can drink a 12 pack and keep an even keel. Or around 10 Bombay sapphire gin & tonics.

The thing of it is for me, how do you make up for it when you spend time off the ship in the ports?

The thing of it is for me, how do you make up for it when you spend time off the ship in the ports?

Well your only talking 2 days nassau is a wash your not there long. Then you have 2 ocean days. And like others have said you can try different drinks and if you don't like them.... Don't drink them and order something else... If you are drinking a frozen concoction.and it melts get a new one. I think it is more for the worry free. Yes for 2 it is 770 but i have cruise with others who's bar bill was over that for a 3 day cruise. That's why i am on the fence. But glad for y'all input

Go for it Anthony! Heck it your Vaca!!! It's just that for me the only time I do drink is on the cruise lol.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well that is also part of the reason i am thinking of going for it... The don't have to worry about it factor. So if i don't drink my monies worth well i did not have to worry about wishing i had if i went over. And if i don't go over the difference would not be that much i don't think.

Kim and Bill this question is for you. Where do/are you park your vehicle you know durning the cruise. If you guys are driving to the port. In January we will be driving down and are trying to figure out the best place.

Kim and Bill this question is for you. Where do/are you park your vehicle you know durning the cruise. If you guys are driving to the port. In January we will be driving down and are trying to figure out the best place.

Hey Amy,

I'm staying at La Quinta in Hollywood that has free parking and $18 per person round-trip shuttle to/from port. We have La Quinta points so I got a $45 room rate but on average their rates are $90 plus tax. It's a nice hotel with free breakfast. It's cheaper for us to do this than to pay parking at the port. But I know there are off-site options that are cheaper. Maybe Bill has info--in fact, I think he gave *me* info once....Bill?? :D

Last time I parked there I park right at the dock. But it runs like $45 a day. But I only do that when none of our friends can take us.....lol...we do have a friend taking us on this cruise....advantage to only being 40 minutes from port.

Bill

Thanks guys! I found one I think it's around $7. family owned near the air port with a shuttle to the cruise port with really good review. Also one $5 but it has bad reviews.

Thanks guys! I found one I think it's around $7. family owned near the air port with a shuttle to the cruise port with really good review. Also one $5 but it has bad reviews.

Gotta love the internet!!! :D