Price Drops? Any time and every time?

ChiMimi69

A few questions...

For as often as I've cruised in the past, I never thought to ask these question before. Since I am booked very well in advanced, will NCL honor price drops each time your category has dropped or just once?

Are these drops usually just for past guests or newbies to NCL like me?

In the past and before CC, I never knew you could do that. So, I paid and that was it. :( So, how often should one check? I booked online so, I have no PCC or travel agent working for me to do this? Should I check daily or wait until you get an email from NCL announcing a sale of some sort?

Thanks everyone!!! :)

I am a newbie to NCL and got a price drop yesterday, they aren't just for past guests :) They lowered my rate and sent me new confirmation documents. Surprisingly, I didn't lose the OBC that came with my original deal.

I check my rate twice a week. I try not to be too obsessive about it.

As far as I have been told, there is no limit to the number of times they will adjust your rate. Generally after final payment there is little you can get (though you can usually pay to upgrade to a higher category. And sometimes those are good deals, but they will still cost you some money.)

I am a newbie to NCL and got a price drop yesterday, they aren't just for past guests :) They lowered my rate and sent me new confirmation documents. Surprisingly, I didn't lose the OBC that came with my original deal.

I check my rate twice a week. I try not to be too obsessive about it.

As far as I have been told, there is no limit to the number of times they will adjust your rate. Generally after final payment there is little you can get (though you can usually pay to upgrade to a higher category. And sometimes those are good deals, but they will still cost you some money.)

Skittl, did you have to call in and request it or was it given to you automatically?

Price drops are something you have to monitor yourself. If you see one before final payment, you can just call and get the lower price. However, keep in mind that if your original booking had additional benefits such as OBC, you might very well lose that since this can be considered a new booking. After final payment, do not expect anything to be adjusted. NCL has no obligation to do so then. And, there is no limit on how many times you can pursue lower prices.

Skittl, did you have to call in and request it or was it given to you automatically?

I called. (Well originally I emailed, but my PCC was on vacation). The regular customer service people were very helpful. About 3 minutes on hold while they sorted things out.

My PCC did tell me she monitors price drops, but I cannot imagine someone employeed by the cruiseline would go to that much effort to have me pay the cruiseline less!

Last year the price dropped after we had made final payment, I don't even know why I was still looking then, and they gave us the difference in OBC. I thought that was better than nothing! I usually check once a week.

I check everyday for price drops lol and my Epic cruise actually went up in price 2 days after I booked it so I was happy that i booked when I did and I got it at a cheaper rate. I have 4 cruises booked and I check everyday to see if any drop in price.

Prices definitely go both ways. For our Sun cruise in Nov, the price for our mini has increased $1300 since I booked several months ago.

WOW that's an increase! Good thing you booked when you did..........:cool:

WOW that's an increase! Good thing you booked when you did..........:cool:

Yea...you just never know. Our last PC cruise, I booked a lower category balcony cabin very early, because the price was very good at that time. However, by the time we cruised, I had upgraded category twice in the balcony category because of price drops. Then even after final payment, NCL had a fire sale during the last few weeks and the few remaining minis were then priced below what I then had for a balcony. I requested and NCL upgraded us to one of the remaining minis then (no price refund however...neither would I have expected one after final payment). So you don't know. Just frequently monitor the prices for you cruise and rebook if in your favor.

A few questions...

For as often as I've cruised in the past, I never thought to ask these question before. Since I am booked very well in advanced, will NCL honor price drops each time your category has dropped or just once?

Are these drops usually just for past guests or newbies to NCL like me?

In the past and before CC, I never knew you could do that. So, I paid and that was it. :( So, how often should one check? I booked online so, I have no PCC or travel agent working for me to do this? Should I check daily or wait until you get an email from NCL announcing a sale of some sort?

Thanks everyone!!! :)

If you are before final payment, you hold all the power. If you call and ask for a price drop and they refuse for some reason, you simply cancel your reservation and rebook at the new, lower price. That is all there is to it. If you are after final payment, NCL has all the power. They can give you OBC, a price drop or nothing. You are not locked in until your final payment date.

I subscribe to a service ($5) that monitors price drops & sends me an email notification. I've only gotten one for $50pp over the entire past year and it only lasted 30 minutes before they jacked up the rate again. :(

Hi,

There to not seem to be any staterooms like mine (aft balcony) still available. Might there still be a price drop? How could I check?

Thanks,

You won't be able to get price drops unless one becomes available again BUT if minis or suites drop close to the price you paid for the B1, you could be upgraded to one of them for a small amount of money.

Hi,

There to not seem to be any staterooms like mine (aft balcony) still available. Might there still be a price drop? How could I check?

Thanks,

About the only time you'll see price drops is if there is a surplus of a room (type, category). It's supply and demand at work. If your room location or type is already sold out, there will be no reason to offer a lower price. The best way to monitor prices is to just go on the NCL web site frequently and look at the cruise you're interested in. As prices go up and down on remaining rooms, you will see it there.

You won't be able to get price drops unless one becomes available again BUT if minis or suites drop close to the price you paid for the B1, you could be upgraded to one of them for a small amount of money.

Thanks for the info. I thought that would be tyhe case, but it never hurts to ask.

My TA does monitor but so do I............our 2014 cruise has gone up almost $600 for the two of us since we booked it............twice since we booked..........our TA has gotten us free upgrades/OBC etc............w/promos. But if I see anything,,,,,,,,,I just contact him.......and he checks it out for us........:)

Hi,

Thanks,

Aft facing balconies are prime popular real estate and almost always sell out very quickly. Booking ahead for these cabins is essential. However, since they are in demand, the upsell fairy may give you a call to give you a good deal to upgrade to a suite a few days prior to sailing. You never know so keep your phone close by prior to sailing. :D

Archived