FTTF Debark Give away?

KellyJ

DH and I are trying to plan book a cruise once the 2014 Itineraries come out. I planned on booking the cruise and purchasing FTTF right away.

Since we want to sail from MIA but can get much cheaper airfare out of FLL, I have a question. The direct flight offered home leaves at 6:40 p.m. Great if we have any issues and we have plenty of time to travel from MIA to FLL. Unfortunately, we will have to deal with our luggage for all of that time. Luggage express may get rid of the luggage early, however, we will have to get off the boat first too. If we plan an excursion, what to do with the luggage?

Here's the plan, so if y'all (sorry Southern girl here) can answer this question that would help. We want FTTF for early embark and early room ready, however, I am in no hurry to leave the boat. I will be too busy kicking, screaming and begging to stay on. So can I trade my FTTF debark tags/number with one of my CC friends' later zone tags?

I have heard that you can give away Zone tags. Are there any restrictions on FTTF priority tags?

Have not used FTTF yet but have it for our October cruise. I am pretty sure you don't have to use the early debark. It is just available if you want it. So, you could go with the zone you would be in or wait til the last zone is called.

Don't think they will kick you off early just because you have FTTF. Have a great time!

DH and I are trying to plan book a cruise once the 2014 Itineraries come out. I planned on booking the cruise and purchasing FTTF right away.

Since we want to sail from MIA but can get much cheaper airfare out of FLL, I have a question. The direct flight offered home leaves at 6:40 p.m. Great if we have any issues and we have plenty of time to travel from MIA to FLL. Unfortunately, we will have to deal with our luggage for all of that time. Luggage express may get rid of the luggage early, however, we will have to get off the boat first too. If we plan an excursion, what to do with the luggage?

Here's the plan, so if y'all (sorry Southern girl here) can answer this question that would help. We want FTTF for early embark and early room ready, however, I am in no hurry to leave the boat. I will be too busy kicking, screaming and begging to stay on. So can I trade my FTTF debark tags/number with one of my CC friends' later zone tags?

I have heard that you can give away Zone tags. Are there any restrictions on FTTF priority tags?

Just because you have Zone 1 debark luggage tags does not mean you have to debark when they call Zone 1. If you want to....stay on the ship til they make you get off.

TerReuv,

That's great Thank you. I just thought I would trade with someone who needed to get off earlier than I did..like someone who was trying to make an early flight or a family with children since the kids might be antsy because of sitting waiting to debark.

I thought if I didn't want to use them, then someone might and wanted to know if there were any restrictions on trading?

Having an early zone number just means you CAN get off the ship when they call your zone... it doesn't mean you HAVE to. Matter of fact, every time I've had an early zone, I stuck around from a few minutes, up to a couple of hours. My son and I got zone 1 when I booked a suite on Fascination. Our flight home was very late afternoon, so we had a nice leisurely breakfast then a Bloody Mary at the bar and took our time getting off the ship. They'll let you know when you REALLY have to leave! Have a great trip!

ETA: I've tried giving away my zone 1 tags lots of time... never had anyone I knew that needed them I guess. I have quite a collection going at this point! LOL There are no restrictions on trading with someone - at least none that I know of.

You don't have to get off the ship early. As Diamond we get number 1 tags but we're almost never in a hurry to debark. It's nice because there aren't that many suitcases in the number 1 zone when we do finally get off.

I had pruchased the FTTF for my past January cruise on the Liberty with the same intensions as the OP. Early embarkation and rooms ready. However, we also had a later flight. We were given Zone 1 for dembarkation and just waited until "last call" to exit the ship.

We went and had a nice breakfast and then hung out on the Lido until we knew we had to leave:mad:.

My only concern was my luggage spinning around the turn style all that time. All ended up being fine.

I would purchase FTTF again in a heartbeat. Well worth the $50.

TerReuv,

That's great Thank you. I just thought I would trade with someone who needed to get off earlier than I did..like someone who was trying to make an early flight or a family with children since the kids might be antsy because of sitting waiting to debark.

I thought if I didn't want to use them, then someone might and wanted to know if there were any restrictions on trading?

Just make sure that they have all their luggage with them, or they may find themselves waiting hours for their luggage to leave the ship.

Depending on how many tags you receive.

Carnival doesn't stop people from selling them on ebay :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I highly doubt they care if you trade, it doesn't change the amount of luggage handled or the number of people out the door.

Carnival doesn't stop people from selling them on ebay :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've seen that posted here on CC before... almost couldn't believe that first someone would sell them, but then that someone would BUY them??? I have tons of low number zone tags and wouldn't hesitate to GIVE them away if someone really needed/wanted them. I guess it takes all kinds! :rolleyes:

Archived