Bon Voyage Liquor Problem

monster16

Help!

I'm trying to place an order online for liquor through Bon Voyage for our May 17th Splendor sailing, but I keep getting this error message -

Carnival believes in safety first. Please note there is a maximum of two alcohol products per booking available through The Fun Shops. This booking already contains two or more alcohol products. Please remove or reduce the item quantity of alcohol specific products in your cart or you can choose another booking if you need to. Thank you.

We are trying to order four (4) bottles, which I thought was the max we can order? Am I crazy, have I misread what other people have said? Should I just call?

It sounds like maybe you misunderstood that the two bottles are per booking; not per person.

I've heard that you can order bottles of liquor from room service once on the ship. Their selection may be somewhat limited and I'm not sure whether those purchases would be included in your "two bottle" limit, but maybe it's something to ask about.

Happy Cruising!

It sounds like maybe you misunderstood that the two bottles are per booking; not per person.

I've heard that you can order bottles of liquor from room service once on the ship. Their selection may be somewhat limited and I'm not sure whether those purchases would be included in your "two bottle" limit, but maybe it's something to ask about.

Happy Cruising!

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the input!

If that's the case, it's no issue, just wanted to make sure that the website wasn't picking on me!

It used to be four bottles of liquor per cabin but Carnival has recently changed this policy allowing only two bottles of liquor per cabin ordered through the Bon Voyage Department. I called them to verify this.

My thought is that it will eventually be zero bottles per cabin in order to encourage more guests to purchase the Cheers program.

I hope that I'm wrong.

It used to be four bottles of liquor per cabin but Carnival has recently changed this policy allowing only two bottles of liquor per cabin ordered through the Bon Voyage Department. I called them to verify this.

My thought is that it will eventually be zero bottles per cabin in order to encourage more guests to purchase the Cheers program.

I hope that I'm wrong.

Those were my thoughts too, I guess I'm going to have to bring some wine on board with me! I was excited, because even though you are paying about 3x as much for a bottle, it's still a savings. *sigh* hopefully one day soon, I'll be able to up my budget for a vacation and splurge on the Cheers program. For right now, just being on the boat and enjoying the cruise is enough for me!

Did you try ordering 2 more bottles to be delivered on a different day? That's what I did with the 4-packs of beer. One 4-pack delivered the first day, one the second, etc. It worked for me.

Did you try ordering 2 more bottles to be delivered on a different day? That's what I did with the 4-packs of beer. One 4-pack delivered the first day, one the second, etc. It worked for me.

That's a great idea! I'm going to try right now.

Just tried it, Carnival shut it down real quick.

2 bottles it is guys!

There are numerous threads in this forum about this new policy. I ordered two bottles via Bon Voyage this week without a problem. Hubby likes his rum, so I'm hoping we can order more via room service if we need it. 1 bottle of rum for an entire cruise isn't that much, though I think we will use it for nightcaps mostly (he doesn't like my liquor of choice).

There are numerous threads in this forum about this new policy. I ordered two bottles via Bon Voyage this week without a problem. Hubby likes his rum, so I'm hoping we can order more via room service if we need it. 1 bottle of rum for an entire cruise isn't that much, though I think we will use it for nightcaps mostly (he doesn't like my liquor of choice).

You're right! Jameson for me, Vodka for him.

8 Days, 2 liters of alcohol is NOT enough. Trust me, we don't want to get crazy, stupid drunk. But we want to enjoy the time.

I really don't even want to attempt to smuggle. Has anybody had any success ordering more once on board, even after the allotment of two?

Smugglers predate Bon Voyage by a tiny bit.

I successfully smuggled 2 bottles of vodka on, but that was back in 2007. I know with my luck, I won't be able to swing that one again.

Archived