Zydecocruiser's Carnival Elation April 15-20, 2013 Photo Review

Love your reveiws! We are going on the same Conquest route you just went on. I read your last one with all the before and after pictures. Thanks for that also.

We have been on the elation twice out of San Deigo. It looked like when you set sail it was abit rainy. Both times we have been on the Elation it was the worst weather ever. But the crew made it a great cruise for eveyone. We have decided that we are bad luck for weather on the Elation and we don't want to spoil others vacations with bad weather so we try to book other ships. LOL

Thank you. The crew on Carnival Elation is exceptional. I met at least two that are on Carnival Sunshine now.

I really love your cruise reviews! Your site was a god send when looking at

the food on the cruise as it will be my first time cruising in August.

Just a question..

As you have sailed on a lot of carnival ships how has you mobile phone reception/internet been when at sea? Has it always been available or lots of times/days where you could not use it.

Thanks

Edited by Velvetwater

I really love your cruise reviews! Your site was a god send when looking at

the food on the cruise as it will be my first time cruising in August.

Just a question..

As you have sailed on a lot of carnival ships how has you mobile phone reception/internet been when at sea? Has it always been available or lots of times/days where you could not use it.

Thanks

Thank you.

It is usually available. Occasionally there is gridlock. Sometimes a router might be overloaded so moving to a different part of the ship can allow you to access a different one.

Sea days are the worst because lots of people are trying to use. I find late at night or early in the morning are less people trying to use.

I don't use cell phones on cruises. I would either just use the phone in the room ($1.99/minute outgoing - obscenely priced if someone is calling you) or a magicjack attached to my laptop (40 cents/minute, maybe less depending on the Internet plan).

Going down the river, I have regular cell service and data until 10 or 11pm, sometimes later. You can find crew and passengers alike trying to find the highest places on the ship to maintain service as long as possible. :cool:

I think I have some more info on that somewhere.

Elegant Night and time to meet some of the senior officers and other staff

DSC_5065_Zyde.jpg

the Captain was there briefly but escaped. We would be spending time with him later.

On to dinner!

Pumpkin Soup

DSC_5068_Zyde.jpg

Greek Farmer Salad

DSC_5070_Zyde.jpg

Prime Rib!

DSC_5072_Zyde.jpg

and Cherries Jubilee

DSC_5075_Zyde.jpg

Looks like it might have been lights out after that meal. Had to get ready for Progreso!

Hey Sarge

Great review and amazing photos ! My wife and I have been on Elation twice: the first cruise out of NOLA in November 2011 and then again in November 2012.

Would you mind sharing with me the name and model # of camera you used ?

Edited by PurpleDog

Hey Sarge

Great review and amazing photos ! My wife and I have been on Elation twice: the first cruise out of NOLA in November 2011 and then again in November 2012.

Would you mind sharing with me the name and model # of camera you used ?

Thank you.

My primary camera is a Nikon D7000 and have several lenses

18-200mm zoom use the most

10-24mm wide angle

35mm prime some food pics

a few others that I don't use much, if at all.

Today is Progreso and a return visit to Uxmal, to climb the pyramid or bust. Not the really huge one which isn't allowed, but one that was tall enough.

The day started with an increasingly typical BLT

DSC_5076_Zyde.jpg

the tickets said to meet in the show lounge but there was no one there so we scurried down the stairs to our group

DSC_5077_Zyde.jpg

DSC_5089_Zyde.jpg

DSC_5091_Zyde.jpg

DSC_5092_Zyde.jpg

The day was a little hot so glad I had my insulated Camelbak. I had filled it up the night before with ice from Lido. Maybe should have just had Room Service deliver a bucket of ice in the AM. And then added water. Cold water all day long!

The guide did try to utilize what shade was available

DSC_5096_Zyde.jpg

DSC_5102_Zyde.jpg

DSC_5099_Zyde.jpg

DSC_5103_Zyde.jpg