Zydecocruiser's Carnival Elation April 15-20, 2013 Photo Review

With my suitcase safely rescued, it was almost time for dinner. But not before the Housekeeping Manager Orvin stopped by to say hello. He is a very nice guy from Belize who I had met on the February cruise, and is the one who told our cabin steward that we were Diamond on Carnival and to take extra special care of us. Carnival Elation really does spoil this Diamond guest. :)

Looks like the overhaul is way past due :) but it's fun to see. Enjoying your review and looking forward to the rest.

Perhaps it is nostalgia, but the Carnival Elation has become one of my favorite ships. My first Elation cruise was in 2004 and then a long time until the second in February of this year. I still loved it on this cruise.

It still has a number of features that some others complain are lacking in the newer ships. My biggest gripe is that Carnival didn't add balconies like they did to some Fantasy class ships. OTOH, they also didn't destroy the lines of the ship. I can live without a balcony or cough up the extra $$ for a suite.

On Carnival Elation, apparently they reserve prime tables for two for Diamond guests. Some may prefer a two top, but we really prefer large tables where we can meet other cruisers. The waitstaff we had was just too good to give up, so we "suffered" through it. :p

DSC_4921_Zyde.jpg

Escargot!

DSC_4922_Zyde.jpg

Smoked Hudson Valley Duck Breast,

DSC_4923_Zyde.jpg

Heart of Iceberg Lettuce,

DSC_4925_Zyde.jpg

Heart of Iceberg Lettuce with Blue Cheese Dressing

DSC_4926_Zyde.jpg

Tender Braised Beef Brisket in Gravy - and it really is brisket and it really is tender!

DSC_4929_Zyde.jpg

Black Forest Gateau

DSC_4932_Zyde.jpg

With dinner done, time to see what the steward left for us

DSC_4933_Zyde.jpg

Platinum/Diamond Gifts, Tervis Tumblers

DSC_4934_Zyde.jpg

Yet another great review from Sarge.

Those shrimp 7 ways look awesome!!!

I miss the old style slide where you dump into the main pool.

Thank you.

They also had crab and even crawfish 7 ways. I imagine some of the ways are different.

There is something about a slide ride not being complete if you don't get dunked.

Great review so far. I will be reading your prior one too. We have booked the Elation for five night Halloween cruise.

I have read your reviews for years and love them.

Great review so far. I will be reading your prior one too. We have booked the Elation for five night Halloween cruise.

I have read your reviews for years and love them.

I love all your reviews!! Your pictures are amazing as always! :D

Thank you! I haven't forgotten about this one - just about to get back to it.

The duty free liquor shop has some new variations of Johnnie Walker - I forgot to go back for a free sample

DSC_4970_Zyde.jpg

The Mikado Lounge

DSC_4974_Zyde.jpg

also home to Bingo

DSC_4978_Zyde.jpg

DSC_4986_Zyde.jpg

One thing I did notice on this cruise were Assistance Available signs just about everywhere.

DSC_4987_Zyde.jpg

I just love your reviews! Even though they are not cruises that I'm going on!

Wondered if you've been on an Alaskan cruise and if you have a review that you could link me to? I would love to see some of your pics of that!!!!!

I just love your reviews! Even though they are not cruises that I'm going on!

Wondered if you've been on an Alaskan cruise and if you have a review that you could link me to? I would love to see some of your pics of that!!!!!

Thank you. We have done Alaska and I probably did put something on CC, but when looking for it, search seems to be dysfunctional.

Okay, found it a different way

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=994329

Love your reveiws! We are going on the same Conquest route you just went on. I read your last one with all the before and after pictures. Thanks for that also.

We have been on the elation twice out of San Deigo. It looked like when you set sail it was abit rainy. Both times we have been on the Elation it was the worst weather ever. But the crew made it a great cruise for eveyone. We have decided that we are bad luck for weather on the Elation and we don't want to spoil others vacations with bad weather so we try to book other ships. LOL

The last time on Elation, I inadvertently booked a cabin that was set up to sleep four. Not needing the extra beds, I went for a little more cabin space. And to be even more different, picked the last cabin on the port side of the ship. Get ready for rock and roll!

DSC_4791_Zyde.jpg

DSC_4792_Zyde.jpg

DSC_4793_Zyde.jpg

Without a doubt, that has to be the best looking luggage I have ever seen! Go Big Blue!!!! Lol:D:):D