Zydecocruiser's Carnival Elation April 15-20, 2013 Photo Review

Your pictures always look so much better than my digital pictures.

Do you still enjoy the cruises?? You dont comment much what you liked or didnt like on the cruises.. though your pictures are wonderful.

I hope you had a great time on both cruises and meet lots of great people.

Your pictures always look so much better than my digital pictures.

Do you still enjoy the cruises?? You dont comment much what you liked or didnt like on the cruises.. though your pictures are wonderful.

I hope you had a great time on both cruises and meet lots of great people.

:D

Of course I still enjoy the cruises. I don't comment much because I prefer to let the pictures speak. So much is subjective so I let people see what I see and decide if it is something they might like.

We always hate leaving a ship, but then, there is always another one to board. :)

Last time someone asked about the snack but I didn't have a decent picture. Well, here is is (+ a bottle of water)

DSC_5265_Zyde.jpg

Some pretty good guacamole

DSC_5212_Zyde.jpg

So we gave the restaurant at Uxmal a chance. The guide may say it is inexpensive, but not really for Mexico. It was good!

DSC_5209_Zyde.jpg

DSC_5210_Zyde.jpg

Homemade authentic tortillas! Well, I guess everything is homemade there.

DSC_5211_Zyde.jpg

Today was also the day for the party formerly known as the Past Guest Party. Trying to say Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Party is a mouthful.

DSC_5217_Zyde.jpg

DSC_5218_Zyde.jpg

of course there was live music

DSC_5221_Zyde.jpg

and plenty of drinks

DSC_5224_Zyde.jpg

and some appetizers

DSC_5225_Zyde.jpg

DSC_5226_Zyde.jpg

current.jpg

Here I did the Cozumel Bar Hop. Was supposed to meet at Starbucks at 10am for a 10:15am departure, but almost didn't make it.

I figured leave Elation about 9:30am, catch one of the plentiful taxis, and be at Starbucks in 10 minutes. Easy, right? Wrong.

At about 9:30am, Carnival Paradise was coming in to dock at Puerta Maya so they closed the gangways for safety reasons. There I stood on the stairway leading to the gangway for an eternity. So close and yet so far. I was not alone.

Finally, at almost 10am the gangways were reopen and I rushed to get to a taxi. At literally the last second (they were heading for the van) I made it to Starbucks and was able to make the tour. Whew. Luckily, I think another MIA person who was part of a group helped delay the departure long enough for me to make it. :cool:

If on a ship tour, you probably wouldn't have an issues because the tour operators know what is going on and will likely wait, or Carnial will refund your money. But a private tour meeting at a different pier really has no way of knowing.

Our van - a nice Mercedes!

DSC_5293_Zyde.jpg

Tom was back in Canada on personal business, so our tour guide for the day - very nice, pleasant, knowledgeable, and Canadian.

DSC_5294_Zyde.jpg

The wedding party started early

DSC_5295_Zyde.jpg

The infamous yellow bucket that you never, ever, want to see.

DSC_5298_Zyde.jpg

I hate to see that you were having to suffer through all of the horrors (cancel one cruise HAD to book three more...you showed them all right! And having to take one in the rear...I dont know how you can stand it!!)

But I thank you for your suffering and for sharing with us:D

I hate to see that you were having to suffer through all of the horrors (cancel one cruise HAD to book three more...you showed them all right! And having to take one in the rear...I dont know how you can stand it!!)

But I thank you for your suffering and for sharing with us:D

You're welcome. Someone had to take one for the team. :D