Allure concierge club?

we probably will be on the Allure of the Seas at the end of the summer (we're waiting for after final payment)..

i was planning on taking the least expensive oceanview balcony room, but now i'm beginning to re-think that.

This will be our first non-DCL cruise.

On DCL we always have cruised concierge, so i'm wondering if i'm setting myself up for disappointment by booking non-concierge.

But my actual question is, when you board, do you go straight to the concierge lounge? or do you have to go to studio B and whatever to make any last minute reservations (like all access tour, show reservations, dining changes, etc).

and is there food in the concierge lounge when you board?

There is no "Concierge" class. There is a Concierge Lounge on Allure which is available to Grand Suite and above guests, and Diamond Plus and Platinum Crown & Anchor loyalty members. There is no food in the Concierge Lounge when you board. Complimentary hors d'oeurves and cocktails are available in the evenings (5-8:30, if I remember correctly). A limited breakfast and lunch menu is also available. There is a concierge available to make show, spa, dinner, etc. reservations.

Having never cruised on Disney, I don't know how this compares.

You can try going straight to the Concierge Lounge after you board, however my experience has been that the Concierge is not there at boarding time. Might be different on Allure since there are 2 Concierges.

If the Concierge is not there, then go to Studio B for entertainment reservations, Guest Services for the All Access Tour, and the Main Dining Room for dining changes.

Difficult to compare Disney to Royal . Disney concierges would visit us several times during the cruise, bring us treats afternoon and evening, gifts for the kids( small stuff, but sweet) , personalized stationary, hand -written "schedules' for the next day.

it is a different animal on Royal. Still nice, but not like Disney or NCL. Disney had a true special feel to concierge service, NCL had great lounges- huge ones..RCL smaller lounge, less personalized, but still nice.

I have never seen a CL open on boarding on Royal. But I never thought to look!

You'd have to book a grand-suite or above to get concierge access on RCI (perhaps a family suite ... not sure on that front). I don't believe the concierge is generally available early on boarding day. You'd have to go to Studio B or wait until later in the evening and wait in line to see the concierge. At one point I was given a sticker on my SeaPass card by the concierge that could get me into any show except for the comedy club without having a reservation, but I'm not sure if that is still offered.

There is no "Concierge" class. There is a Concierge Lounge on Allure which is available to Grand Suite and above guests, and Diamond Plus and Platinum Crown & Anchor loyalty members. There is no food in the Concierge Lounge when you board. Complimentary hors d'oeurves and cocktails are available in the evenings (5-8:30, if I remember correctly). A limited breakfast and lunch menu is also available. There is a concierge available to make show, spa, dinner, etc. reservations.

I didn't find the breakfast and lunch menues all that limited in the concierge club on either the Oasis or the Allure. We plan on eating there frequently on our next Allure cruise.

we probably will be on the Allure of the Seas at the end of the summer (we're waiting for after final payment)..

i was planning on taking the least expensive oceanview balcony room, but now i'm beginning to re-think that.

This will be our first non-DCL cruise.

On DCL we always have cruised concierge, so i'm wondering if i'm setting myself up for disappointment by booking non-concierge.

But my actual question is, when you board, do you go straight to the concierge lounge? or do you have to go to studio B and whatever to make any last minute reservations (like all access tour, show reservations, dining changes, etc).

and is there food in the concierge lounge when you board?

Concierge Class is on Celebrity ships. The "lounge" is open to Diamond + and suite cruisers. They have a "Diamond" lounge for us lowly Diamond members. I'll bring this up again. This is one thing that really irks me. If somebody purchases a suite (could be their 1st. cruise on RCCL), they get to go to the Diamond Plus lounge. I really don't think that it's fair. We've got 147 nights on RCCL. I got to go to the Diamond + lounge once. They changed the tiers just after we turned Diamond :( Sorry for the vent.

Joe

Since the diamond event was replaced with the Diamond lounge (most ships) they are basically the same.

Full bar , except for foo foo drinks, appetizers in the evening.

We actually prefer the diamond lounge over the concierge on some ships. Especially when there is an overflow lounge with a bar..

Concierge Class is on Celebrity ships. The "lounge" is open to Diamond + and suite cruisers. They have a "Diamond" lounge for us lowly Diamond members. I'll bring this up again. This is one thing that really irks me. If somebody purchases a suite (could be their 1st. cruise on RCCL), they get to go to the Diamond Plus lounge. I really don't think that it's fair. We've got 147 nights on RCCL. I got to go to the Diamond + lounge once. They changed the tiers just after we turned Diamond :( Sorry for the vent.

Joe

As I understand it, the CL was originally for suite guests, then C&A members were later admitted. So perhaps if you think of it as the suite guests lounge to which some loyalty members are admitted, then perhaps it will irk you less. Happy sailings!

The Concierge Lounge on Allure (and Oasis) have a different setup than on the other RCI ships. The lounge is available to Suite Guests and D+ and Pinnacle Club members. The CL is open on embarkation day with lunch service available and beer, wine or champagne drinks are also available. Our experience has been that at least one of the two Concierges are there at that time to meet and assist guests. They also serve breakfast in the a.m. with cooked items in addition to the continental style buffet. Evening cocktails/hors d'oeuvres are similar to what is offered on other RCI ships.

Since the diamond event was replaced with the Diamond lounge (most ships) they are basically the same.

I'd tend to agree ... except for Oasis/Allure as I really enjoyed being able to get cooked-to-order breakfast and lunch in the CL.

right - i meant to say reserving a suite! I understand that the CL lounge and concierge type services are for GS suites and above...

there are still a lot of suites available on the cruise i'm considering..

You can try going straight to the Concierge Lounge after you board, however my experience has been that the Concierge is not there at boarding time. Might be different on Allure since there are 2 Concierges.

If the Concierge is not there, then go to Studio B for entertainment reservations, Guest Services for the All Access Tour, and the Main Dining Room for dining changes.

hmmm...i hoped i could avoid that running around on embarkation...

Difficult to compare Disney to Royal . Disney concierges would visit us several times during the cruise, bring us treats afternoon and evening, gifts for the kids( small stuff, but sweet) , personalized stationary, hand -written "schedules' for the next day.

it is a different animal on Royal. Still nice, but not like Disney or NCL. Disney had a true special feel to concierge service, NCL had great lounges- huge ones..RCL smaller lounge, less personalized, but still nice.

I have never seen a CL open on boarding on Royal. But I never thought to look!

on the newer DCL ships, there is an actual lounge, so the concierge staff doesn't visit you in your room anymore....well, they're right there by your rooms, since the concierge area is self-contained...all the rooms are around the lounge....

i definitely like concierge on the newer disney ships much better than on the old ones....i felt the lack of a concierge lounge was a big deal...that was on our comment card...

i've heard that the disney magic will get a CL when it goes into dry dock this year..

You'd have to book a grand-suite or above to get concierge access on RCI (perhaps a family suite ... not sure on that front). I don't believe the concierge is generally available early on boarding day. You'd have to go to Studio B or wait until later in the evening and wait in line to see the concierge. At one point I was given a sticker on my SeaPass card by the concierge that could get me into any show except for the comedy club without having a reservation, but I'm not sure if that is still offered.

that seapass sticker would be very nice...... :)

I didn't find the breakfast and lunch menues all that limited in the concierge club on either the Oasis or the Allure. We plan on eating there frequently on our next Allure cruise.

if we're in a suite, i plan to try out the lounge for breakfast as well...

i wonder how it compares to breakfast in the solarium :)

Joe

vent away!! :)

i'm sure it would irk me too if i were in your shoes....it's very annoying when something is changed after the fact!!

Full bar , except for foo foo drinks, appetizers in the evening.

We actually prefer the diamond lounge over the concierge on some ships. Especially when there is an overflow lounge with a bar..

from what i read, i understood that diamond+ can go to the diamond+ lounge and to the CL, but suite guests can only go to the CL...is that correct?

As I understand it, the CL was originally for suite guests, then C&A members were later admitted. So perhaps if you think of it as the suite guests lounge to which some loyalty members are admitted, then perhaps it will irk you less. Happy sailings!

well i'll probably get irked in reverse!! ;)

The Concierge Lounge on Allure (and Oasis) have a different setup than on the other RCI ships. The lounge is available to Suite Guests and D+ and Pinnacle Club members. The CL is open on embarkation day with lunch service available and beer, wine or champagne drinks are also available. Our experience has been that at least one of the two Concierges are there at that time to meet and assist guests. They also serve breakfast in the a.m. with cooked items in addition to the continental style buffet. Evening cocktails/hors d'oeuvres are similar to what is offered on other RCI ships.

sounds excellent!! thanks! :)

I'd tend to agree ... except for Oasis/Allure as I really enjoyed being able to get cooked-to-order breakfast and lunch in the CL.

if i do stay in a suite, i'll definitely try out breakfast at least once! :)

I think you meant to say Pinnacle Club Members. :) Platinum Members do not have CL or DL privileges.

from what i read, i understood that diamond+ can go to the diamond+ lounge and to the CL, but suite guests can only go to the CL...is that correct?

CL is only for suite guests (GS and above) and D+ and PC members.

DL is for Diamond and above C&A members. Suite members are allowed IF they are Diamond level and above. There isn't a D+ lounge.

Joe

You are getting the same amenities in a Diamond Lounge as you get in the Concierge Lounge (there is no Diamond Plus Lounge). In fact, on many ships, the Diamond Lounge is in a better location with a better view. Both lounges have a Concierge to assist you with special requests.

i've heard that the disney magic will get a CL when it goes into dry dock this year..

Interesting. Off topic OP .. if you get to choose between a Crown Loft suite on Allure/Oasis and a one-bedroom suite on Disney Magic after drydock ... same price. Which one will you prefer?

I hope you are never given cause to become irked, but sadly there is a chance it might happen if you book a suite. As a suite guest before I made D+, some of the D+'s did give a vibe as if the CL belonged to them (and only them)...as if suite guests are interlopers. Rather than be irked, I mostly simply tried to avoid the people who seemed to have such an attitude. now that I am D+, I still would rather avoid that attitude as I find it unpleasant and possibly counterproductive. If top loyalty members co-exist happily with suite guests, even perhaps encouraging newbie suites guests to become regular cruisers, shared access seems more likely to continue. Symbiosis seems wiser than some artificial competition between the two groups.

Interesting. Off topic OP .. if you get to choose between a Crown Loft suite on Allure/Oasis and a one-bedroom suite on Disney Magic after drydock ... same price. Which one will you prefer?

i've never been on RCI, so i don't know how it compares to disney.

i'll find out on the allure cruise.

I can say that the one downside to disney for me is the lack of evening activities other than the one big theater show.

and nothing at all late at night.

that's the reason i'm looking elsewhere, the lack of adult activities at night (or any time for that matter)..

however, i will say that the one bedroom on the disney magic and wonder are excellent suites....especially the 4 midship one bedrooms (which are larger than all the other one bedrooms)..

they're much nicer than the one bedrooms on the new disney ships..

but no matter how nice the stateroom, that lack of evening/night activities is a deal breaker for me...

I hope you are never given cause to become irked, but sadly there is a chance it might happen if you book a suite. As a suite guest before I made D+, some of the D+'s did give a vibe as if the CL belonged to them (and only them)...as if suite guests are interlopers. Rather than be irked, I mostly simply tried to avoid the people who seemed to have such an attitude. now that I am D+, I still would rather avoid that attitude as I find it unpleasant and possibly counterproductive. If top loyalty members co-exist happily with suite guests, even perhaps encouraging newbie suites guests to become regular cruisers, shared access seems more likely to continue. Symbiosis seems wiser than some artificial competition between the two groups.

good advice!! :)

i hope to some day be able to cruise enough to take me up to those stratospheric levels!!

this brings to mind another question:

do suite guests earn additional loyalty points?

on flights, business and first class passengers often earn double frequent flyer points when they fly so is there something similar for suite guests?

JS and above earn double C&A points. But only GS and above can use the CL.:)

Archived