MyFitness Pal

Is there a group on MFP for cruise critic peoples? This way we could all meet up in one place and talk about stuff on MFP :)

Ooh. I have no idea. That would be great of someone can start one of not. I have no clue how. Will look now.

It is a site that allows you to keep a food and exercise diary and keep track of what you're eating and the calories/fat/carbs/protein/sugar.. In your food. Helps you see if and where you're going wrong and you can track weight loss, set goals and also add friends and chat to each other so you can encourage one another. Also with people being your friend it helps you keep going and not give in or cheat.

Today is my first day filling in the diary - YAY me!

I will be under in calories - although I think it is giving me too many daily calories.

I will be over on protein - even though I had none at breakfast. I know that we need protein at every meal since it gives us the energy to last until the next meal - carbs, including the good ones like fruits and veggies, fill you up quickly, but also don't maintain that i'm full feeling until the next meal. I have found through my experiences, that I lose weight faster if I cut out most of the 'bad' carbs and increase my proteins.

Sugars - I will be over on the sugars. But I do see where I had a kaiser roll for breakfast - bad carb, bad carb (sound of hand slapping ;) ) and a snack bag size of Pop Secret 94% fat free in addition to the cherries, banana, and veggies I will have with my dinner.

I am under with everything else. So - here is my question - do we add our vitamin supplements to this list as well? for instance, I take calcium supplements.

thanks

Debbi

Most people add it under snacks. If I am not mistaken, there is a section on the website where you can rename the tabs. For instance if you want your breakfast to say pre workout...

I will have to look into that and give you all the details.

A few if us were saying earlier in the thread that fruit uses sugar up likd crazy. But we figured it was ok be side it is "good" sugar. Fructose. So, not to worry. As long as the other numbers stay under. It is almost impossible to eat fruit without using lots of the allowance for the day.

The team running the fitness challenge we are participating in at work, lowered by calorie allowance from th 1450 MFP gave me to 1355. In addition - the 1355 includes exercising 3x a week - no adding in the extra calories from the workout! :eek: My metabolism tested below the 'slow' #s on the chart - thus the lower calorie allowance. She told me to stay above 1100 calories so I have a 255 calorie range each day.

I have Hashimoto's Thyroidities which means I have a underactive thyroid and I'm on medication (Synthroid).

Yesterday - I almost went over my allowed calories, but came in under by about 50 cal. left!

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question. Does anyone else find the "sugar" impossible? I'm over ever day and it is only ever because I eat quite a lot of fruit and drink home made fruit juices. I had an orange for breakfast and without putting anything else in for that day it put me over my daily sugar. So weird.

I'm always over on sugar. It's usually from fruit, salad dressing and Greek yogurt so I just ignore it.