NCL Dawn ~ 6/12-6/19 Review = AWESOME!!!!!

2Cruise4Ever

Hi, All,

We're back! Just got home. We are completely exhausted and have much to do in order to get settled. So, I'll make this one quick. One word: AWESOME!!! Far exceeded our expectations. I kept a journal while on board. So, I'll post it in sections, chunks, hunks, whatever you want to call it later. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and I'll be in touch soon (probably tomorrow).

Happy Sailing :D

Lisa - I can't believe you jumped right on these boards to tell everyone we're home!!! I can't believe I didn't see you once after our M&G!! It WAS awesome!! I will post my review also later this week cos now I'm just busy being depressed that it's over!!!!

For 2Cruise4Ever...WELCOME BACK!

Just was wondering where you were on our "wotta hoot" board...guess I found you. So glad to hear that you have an "awesome" time. I look forward to comparing "notes" with you.

Until later.

Debjo

my cure for the impending depression is to either book another cruise immediately or hang out on these boards. it's now in your blood and under your skin...don't fight it....call your T.A.'s and make those plans. see you online!!! glad you're all home and had a wonderful time. can't wait to read all your reviews.

Hey All: We, too, are just back. It was great to meet everyone! The cruise was just GREAT, as expected. I'll post my whole review later in the week as well as I am now catching up on work and all. I will say the best part about our trip was our butler, Corina. She was just fantastic and couldn't have been better. I'll fill everyone in on all the details in the review.

WELCOME HOME!!! I KNEW you would have a FANTASTIC time!!! (we ALL did I am sure, you just can't go wrong on the Dawn!!!) :) Can't wait to read your review!!! Come back to the "Wotta Hoot" Roll Call too, we miss you!!!

Suesan:) :) :)

Hi All,

We made it home around 11pm Sunday night. Glad to hear everyone enjoyed their time and it was fun meeting everyone. We ran into a lot of cruise critic people and it was fun to find out what you did that day. We saw Deb and Stu at several of the game shows and now know who was the strongest link on the ship and that he has a hairy chest!!! We enjoyed the martini clinic and found out I am NOT a martini drinker. Thanks to Ed for letting us know cabin 10730 and to Shoreguy for telling me days earlier to book that cabin because it is the only one with a 96 foot balcony on deck 10 that has a lounge chair ---I was out there everyday. Jdent had fun seeing you and your sister---last night of the cruise she was playing two slots down from me and winning AGAIN!!!! Lisa, we saw you at Le Bistro on Friday night did not want to bother you since I did not see any KIDS!!! We used the express debarkation--it was awesome!!!! We were on the elevator and off of the ship in minutes and got a cab right away.

We had a great time and look forward to cruising again.

I'll add to Deb's (snorkelfan) review but I bet she will do a fine job!!!!

Take care All and it was fun to finally meet you!!

mom-of-3

Mom, log, snork, and all the other CC 6/12 Dawn cruisers ~ it was so awsome meeting you guys. Mom, you should have joined us at Bistro on Friday!!! It was really nice having some adult conversation. But, did I look as tired as I felt????:eek:

OK, I know you all are chomping at the bit for a review, so here's a mini one:

Suesan Jean, yes, Lanie was our Butler and Carlos our concierge. But, only until Wednesday as both left for vacation. Lanie was replaced by Ryan who was very, very good, but didn't have Lanie's personality. And, Ruth replaced Carlos and was extremely helpful, but again, not quite the personality of Carlos. No matter who we encountered (from the crew and staff), ALL were soooo friendly and helpful and always had a smile and a warm greeting. Klaus (hotel director) left the Dawn and went to the Jewel. BUT, Hugo replaced him and couldn't have been more gracious and hospitable. He was so good, in fact, that I sent him (and others) a thank you note for all he did. You'll find out details in my very long review later. But, suffice it to say, this cruise far, far, far exceeded our expectations (and trust me, after reading so many good reviews, my expectations were high!!!). Colin Kerr, our CD has more energy than any man should ever legally have. And, he took very special care of us from the beginning. I plan to write a personal letter to Mr. Veitch praising the efforts of everyone we encountered during the cruise. We ate at Cagney's, Le Bistro, Garden Cafe, Blue Lagoon, Kids Cafe, and ordered room service. All were excellent and each had some positive points (again, look for details). That's all I have time for right now. I plan to post installments this week as I continue collecting my thoughts.

BTW, there were two Martini clinics (Monday at 2:00 and Friday at 4:00 I think). We attended the first one, but not the 2nd because we didn't want to miss the chocoholic buffet.

See you all later. And, have a great evening.

~ Liza

Just a quick beginning to my review which, hopefully, I will post tomorrow. I arranged the Meet & Greet through NCL and since they had my name and room number we got a lot of perks. We were in a regular room with a window (not a porthole like I thought) and every night we got a delivery of canapes, chocolates, pastries, veggies and dip, etc. They came from Hugo who I met at the M&G and from Ruth who was now our concierge. This was a very, very pleasant surprise that made us feel very special. They gave us NCL robes to use and sent up tender tickets for any tender we wanted so that we (meaning Stu) didn't have to stand in line. She also sent VIP disembarkment tickets and we waited in the Bamboo Lounge for about 20 minutes (with Log Cabin and his wife, Barbara) and then right out, found the luggage, went across the stree and daughter picked us up. We wer home at about 11:00 a.m. This was a little wonderful thing that happened that made this trip exceed my expectations. I knew it was going to be great but this topped it off. In fact, I realized too late that even though we couldn't get reservations for Salsa that Ruth probably could have gotten them but that's okay - everything was wonderful!!!! More to come with more details!!

Hi, everyone. I have uploaded 1/2 of my pictures (over 200 in all) to my webshots page. I hope to have the remaining pics up today.

http://community.webshots.com/user/richardsjlsg

Also, I'm just about done with my review. One question: shall I continue the tradition of posting "episode" "chunks" "hunks" etc? Or do you all want one long basic review?????

Happy Sailing!!

P.S. Don't think I wasn't on line yesterday looking to book our next cruise!!! I've got PCD in a BIG WAY :(

For 2Cruise4Ever...

Wow, I really enjoyed your pictures...can't wait for the rest of them! I really liked the "peek" inside your awesome AB suite. I've got to convince my husband that, as much as we like the balcony cabins (B category), the staterooms in the "A Category" are SO MUCH better!

I hope that you and the rest of your family had a terrific time on the airboat...I know we did, even though we got "stuck"! I'll bet the kids just loved it. By the way, your "babies" are just adorable!

As far as posting the rest of your "review" in segments or altogether...just do what is most convenient to you. I wish you the best in overcoming your PCD and getting your land legs back...at least you've got the "Wotta Hoot" cruise to look forward to! :D

Debjo

Liza - you're pictures are great!! That wasn't a cabin or a suite....it was like a room at the Waldorf!!!! OMG, I'm just shootin' for a balcony next time! And you got a picture of some of CCs at the martini clinic - that is my one regret, that we didn';t get a group picture! Oh well, next time

FABULOUS PICTURES!!!!:) I am so glad you had a GREAT TIME!!! Your little ones are too cute!!! Did they have a great time too??!! (are they suffering from PCD too????:D )

It is odd how the crew leaves mid-week to go on vacation, I guess it is where they can catch a flight home or where ever they are vacationing. So, it does make sense now.....

Did you have the Chocolate and Fruit Fondue at Le Bistro? Every so often I melt some chocolate and we have a little Fondue party of our own!!... And, I also have had fun dipping strawberries in chocolate for all my recent family parties. My family LOVES THEM!!!

Debbie, I have to honestly say that if I had never stayed in an AB, I probably would have been quite content in an AF, BUT, after staying in an AB, well, I don't think so.... Yes, the Butler made it very special, but I think the BEST thing was the luxury of space, we weren't cramped, we weren't tripping over each other, and also, THAT BATHROOM was just INCREDIBLE!!! It is BIGGER then my Bathroom here at home, so just THAT was TERRIFIC!!! I TRULY loved/enjoyed that Bathroom!!! So, if the extra $$$ don't cause you to "stress", moving up to a "Penthouse", is worth (in MPO) EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!! This past April I was lucky enough to be "upgraded" but, for my February 2006 Dawn cruise, I booked last November and got an EXCELLENT deal so far in advance on an AB...

TTFN

Suesan:) :) :)

Hey All: We, too, are just back. It was great to meet everyone! The cruise was just GREAT, as expected. I'll post my whole review later in the week as well as I am now catching up on work and all. I will say the best part about our trip was our butler, Corina. She was just fantastic and couldn't have been better. I'll fill everyone in on all the details in the review.

We LOVED Corina! We still miss her and it's been almost 2 months ...!

:(

2Cruise so glad to have you back! Can't wait to see your pictures.

Archived