Food for picky kids in MDR?

French fries and ice cream. Nuff said.

:D Totally Agree! If that's what they want and keeps them from being hungry, go for it!

A cruise is not the best time to try to change a child's eating habits.

LuLu

~~~~

DD is 15 and picky. She never starved. She ate pizza, chicken nuggets and pasta. She got the fruit plate every night. They even made her a grilled cheese once (after I explained how to make it LOL). Her favorite cruise was on RCCL where she got cheese raviolis every night. She didn't even have to ask after the first night. The server just brought it to the table. She loved him!

I do try to get her to try new things. However, she is healthy and if she is happy with boring meals, I will not put a damper on a vacation for that. It's not a battle I choose to fight.

Im sailing next week on the Splendor with my 3 year old and my 5 year old. My 5 year old is willing to try food and is a good eater. My 3 year old prefers things that come wrapped, peanut butter and jelly, pancakes and thats about it. What options are there for picky eaters in the main dining rooms for dinner? Breakfast will be a breeze and lunch may be ok too but dinner is where Im worried. I am hoping that the cruise will expand his food repertoire but hoping there will be some of his staples available just in case

As already mentioned, there is a kids menu. We took an opportunity to order two entrees, one off each menu. We had our then 4 year old on real food by the end of the week, and in the steakhouse by age 6.

Archived