Gem fwd PH

We just got off 2 weeks ago. We were upgraded from a mini-suite to a penthouse forward in room 10000. It is one of the largest front penthouses and it was good and bad. Roomy lots of room. Closet was big and accessable from the front and back. Espresso machine , fruits baskets and nightly suprises left by the butler was great. Plenty of room, we put our luggage under the bed. The only drawback and a reason we would never get this room again was the balcony. We like to sit on it in the morning and drink our coffee, you can't cause you are forward and the wind is deadly. The heavy door was dangerous to open. So if you are deck people don't get it. If you love the perks and pampering then go for it. It's also a little rocky up there, if you get sick on rolling waves pass on this spot.

We are booked on the Pearl, fwd PH cabin #10500. I have asked many questions on these boards and from what I have learned is it can be windy but the best cabins size wise are 10500 and 10000. The balcony is a bit smaller but they have been called bump out cabins and the room is a bit larger. Also, deck 10 is right under the bridge so they can see you on your balcony and you will need to keep lights off with the drapes open. No big deal to me. With that said I believe the Gem is the same. Hope that helps with your decisions;)

We've had forward PHs on both decks 9 and 10 on the Gem and on the Dawn. I didn't find a privacy issue unless someone intentionally looked around the divider. As for the bridge, there is an overhang so you have some privacy. Personally, I liked walking all the way forward on the balcony in the mornings, cup of coffee in hand, and exchanging a wave with the captain every day. :D

We've had forward PHs on both decks 9 and 10 on the Gem and on the Dawn. I didn't find a privacy issue unless someone intentionally looked around the divider. As for the bridge, there is an overhang so you have some privacy. Personally, I liked walking all the way forward on the balcony in the mornings, cup of coffee in hand, and exchanging a wave with the captain every day. :D

We have had afts in the past and pur really looking forward to a forward experience. Privacy is not an issue for me and I don't think the wind will be a problem. Like you I enjoy a cup of coffee on the balcony and think I will also enjoy watching us pull into port. I imagine the views will be great. I love my afts but just thought I would try something different

We have had afts in the past and pur really looking forward to a forward experience. Privacy is not an issue for me and I don't think the wind will be a problem. Like you I enjoy a cup of coffee on the balcony and think I will also enjoy watching us pull into port. I imagine the views will be great. I love my afts but just thought I would try something different

That's exactly what we were thinking. We've done the aft and loved it b ut we've never tried fwd. We also love a large balcony with enough room for loungers and I'm not sure loungers would fit on our current balcony. We have 10164 currently.

Thank you for your input everyone. :D

Suite 10000 and 10500 offer a bit of shade which comes from the bridge.

I would go with the deck 10. Although anyone in the bridge can see you when you are on deck 9 your fellow passenger on deck 10 can see you

I stayed in 10002 and really enjoyed the cabin. Huge balcony, being forward and my good friend Adrian Bica waving to me from the bridge lol

Love being forward and I've never had any problems being out on the forward deck while sailing. I also agree with BeckyThane....we've exchange waves with the Captain. While on the Dawn, we got an invite to the bridge from the Captains wife because of our morning waves, she recognized us at dinner and asked us up!:cool: We had no idea that she was his wife, but saw her sitting every morning with binoculars on the bridge. After the tour of the bridge, she came down to our OS for a tour and an adult beverage on the forward deck while underway!!

Archived