Electrical converters for Istanbul hotels

It all depends on what you want to plug in and what the voltage is there. You have to look at the ratings on the charger if there is one or the device if not. For example almost all cell phone chargers have a wide voltage range and will work. However, you will most likely need a plug adaptor as the outlet will be different form home.

Tom and I purchased a universal adapter many years ago and bring it with us on all our European travels. There are some very compact models that will allow you to "plug in" almost anywhere and with a variety of configurations. I did find this on a travel website:

Turkey operates on 220 volts, 50 Hz, with round-prong European-style plugs that fit into recessed wall sockets /points.

Tom and I purchased a universal adapter many years ago and bring it with us on all our European travels. There are some very compact models that will allow you to "plug in" almost anywhere and with a variety of configurations. I did find this on a travel website:

Turkey operates on 220 volts, 50 Hz, with round-prong European-style plugs that fit into recessed wall sockets /points.

I checked with our hotel and they said they have adapters at the front desk, but I think I will buy one like you mentioned just in case.

We have been to Europe several times, but have not had our cell phones and iPads, so never had a need for them. We are going to be on a cruise this time and spending a few days before in Istanbul and a few days afterwards in Rome.

Thank you for your reply! :)

Judy

Suzanne, I think we are going to be in some ports at the same time. We leave on May 25 from Istanbul also!:D. We are arriving there on the 23rd. We have also done the Barcelona to Rome itinerary that you are going on. We loved it! Be sure to get Sylvie De Cristo as your guide!

I think it's a good move to go ahead and get one of the universal adapters - they're small and inexpensive - but sure come in handy if you need them.

We "talked" a while back - I was the person who requested Kagan's Bosphorus cruise instructions. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we have enough time to do it. Just gives us another reason to visit Istanbul in the future:D.

We depart from Istanbul on the 25th on the Wind Spirit and I believe the Riviera overnights there. So, I'll be waving at you as we leave!!!! I believe our ships are also are at Kusadasi and Rhodes at the same time - then you head to Greece while we go to Bodrum first. I actually looked at doing the cruise on the Riviera, but we just couldn't take that much time away from home.

Archived