Rules on Combining Benefits - Next Cruise Certificate, RCI VISA Points, RCI Stock OBC

Good Day! I am a little confused related to benefits and trying to determine which benefits can be applied together. I am trying to ensure that I get maximum benefit!!! :)

I am considering booking 3 cruises: 1. Freedom of Sea - 15 Dec 2013 ( 7 nights), 2. Legend of the Seas - 16 April 2014 (16 nights), & 3. Allure Nov 2014 (7 days) ???

1. I have a Next Cruise Certificate that was purchased on a prior cruise - Aug 2009.

2. I have a RCI VISA with points

3. Contemplating purchasing RCI stock - I believe 100 shares will earn on-board credit

I am also concerned related to losing benefits, if I would need to cancel.

I have been researching issues but I am finding answers online to be confusing.

Any guidance would be appreciated!!!!

Thank you, avlski :)

Good Day! I am a little confused related to benefits and trying to determine which benefits can be applied together. I am trying to ensure that I get maximum benefit!!! :)

I am considering booking 3 cruises: 1. Freedom of Sea - 15 Dec 2013 ( 7 nights), 2. Legend of the Seas - 16 April 2014 (16 nights), & 3. Allure Nov 2014 (7 days) ???

1. I have a Next Cruise Certificate that was purchased on a prior cruise - Aug 2009.

2. I have a RCI VISA with points

3. Contemplating purchasing RCI stock - I believe 100 shares will earn on-board credit

I am also concerned related to losing benefits, if I would need to cancel.

I have been researching issues but I am finding answers online to be confusing.

Any guidance would be appreciated!!!!

Thank you, avlski :)

You have a NC that is considered a "golden ticket" because it was created in 2009 when you could still combine "all" C&A benefits which includes Balcony Discount, OBC, C&A Savings Certificate and OBC from Shareholder Benefits. Visa Points can also be redeemed and used in any form you want to use them.

Here is the link to Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

Here is what OBC you would get from owning 100 Shares of RCI stock...

$50 for sailings of 5 nights or less

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200 for sailings of 10-13 nights

$250 for sailings of 14+ nights

Once you convert that NC, if you have to change the sailing date, you would just keep the same booking number, but change the sailing date. You never want to "cancel" because by doing so you will lose everything that you are entitled.

Thanks CruisenFever!

2 follow on questions:

FOS (7 nights) Dec 13

Could I use/combine:

Next Cruise certificate - receive $100 OBC?

RCI stock - receive $100 OBC?

RCI VISA credit card points?

Legend of Sea (16 nights)

Could I use/combine:

RCI stock - $250 OBC

Thanks again for guidance!

avlski :)

Thanks CruisenFever!

2 follow on questions:

FOS (7 nights) Dec 13

Could I use/combine:

Next Cruise certificate - receive $100 OBC?

RCI stock - receive $100 OBC?

Legend of Sea (16 nights)

Could I use/combine:

RCI stock - $250 OBC

Thanks again for guidance!

avlski :)

The Visa points OBC can be combined with anything.

As long as you have one of the "golden" NC certificates, you can combine it's OBC with the shareholder OBC.

Patti, I wonder if the NC from 2009 is used, then would the balcony discounts and NC OBC be what they were in 2009 too?

When I used our last NC (created back in 2009) to book our August 31, 2012 TA on Jewel, we got the current Balcony Discount as well as the current OBC for 15+ Nights or longer. Remember back then, the OBC for 10+ Nights was $300 as was the Balcony Discount for D+.

You have a NC that is considered a "golden ticket" because it was created in 2009 when you could still combine "all" C&A benefits which includes Balcony Discount, OBC, C&A Savings Certificate and OBC from Shareholder Benefits. Visa Points can also be redeemed and used in any form you want to use them.

Here is the link to Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

Here is what OBC you would get from owning 100 Shares of RCI stock...

$50 for sailings of 5 nights or less

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200 for sailings of 10-13 nights

$250 for sailings of 14+ nights

Once you convert that NC, if you have to change the sailing date, you would just keep the same booking number, but change the sailing date. You never want to "cancel" because by doing so you will lose everything that you are entitled.

How much is a share of RCI stock?

If I cash in 125,000 visa points for a free Caribbean cruise in an ocean view cabin...then upgrade to a balcony(paying the difference) ...can I still use my Diamond Plus balcony discount? They keep changing the rules and its hard to keep up!

If I cash in 125,000 visa points for a free Caribbean cruise in an ocean view cabin...then upgrade to a balcony(paying the difference) ...can I still use my Diamond Plus balcony discount? They keep changing the rules and its hard to keep up!

Yes, we have been able to use the balcony discount in combination with a free cruise from Visa points. Also, you can book the balcony up front, no need to book the OV and then upgrade. When you redeem your Visa points, they will credit your booking with the value of the least expensive available OV.

So we have Visa points (which can be used with anything) and there is also a C&A coupon and we have stock. I believe it's either C&A coupon or the stock credit, right? Because technically for the room we booked we would get more $$ by using the stock options for each of our cabins?? It's a 4 day cruise and the C&A coupon is for $35 on an interior room.

So we have Visa points (which can be used with anything) and there is also a C&A coupon and we have stock. I believe it's either C&A coupon or the stock credit, right? Because technically for the room we booked we would get more $$ by using the stock options for each of our cabins?? It's a 4 day cruise and the C&A coupon is for $35 on an interior room.

Yes, that is correct: EITHER shareholder's OBC OR C&A coupon.

Archived