Fascination 05/06/2013 w/FTTF...a reflection...

kml2000

On several posts people have mentioned that their power strips were confiscated by Carnival due to fire hazard. I went to Target the other day and saw the plugs that you have and decided that it was better to get that. Now days we have hair dryers, cell phones, and IPads that need to be charged, so it is well worth it.

I was a little worried about them confiscating my adapter because it is pretty old. I have a newer one that I bought for the last cruise and can't find it. I am going to guess it wound up at college with my daughter - never to be seen again......

Thanks for the great review. We are leaving for my first cruise on this ship June 15.

Have a great time. We love to cruise because there is always something to do, even when we have different interests.

Wow! So many other great ports between here and California. What brings you to Jax for a cruise? Interested in hearing your story!

To the OP- Great Review! Thanks!

My grandmother lives in Lake City Fl and we were planing a trip to visit her. My husband and I cruised on the Valor a few years back and have wanted to take another since. We thought this would be a perfect time for a quick 5 day cruise since the price was right and we were flying into Jax any way. We will do the cruise and then visit with my grandma for a week and then head back home. We tired to get her to go with us but she says she likes land better. :)

My grandmother lives in Lake City Fl and we were planing a trip to visit her. My husband and I cruised on the Valor a few years back and have wanted to take another since. We thought this would be a perfect time for a quick 5 day cruise since the price was right and we were flying into Jax any way. We will do the cruise and then visit with my grandma for a week and then head back home. We tired to get her to go with us but she says she likes land better. :)

Makes perfect sense! Well, have a great trip and we are also sailing her (first time, and the ship is in our "backyard" from SE Georgia) and look forward to it very much.

Karen, thanks so much for the review and other comments. As I mentioned earlier, DW and I sail in a couple of weeks on Fascination (4th time). We actually like the Fantasy class as it is more intimate. You see some of the same people (good and bad) many times, and there is a feeling of family. :D

Georgiagolfer - I like this size ship as well. That said, we do prefer the spirit class (Legend) for layout. The Fascination comes in a close second. We almos booked the Magic for our last cruise (instead of the Legend). I am so glad we didn't.

The serenity area on the Fascination is somewhat small, but those chairs are just very nice and I love the yellow towels. Here are some pictures:

Cruise05062013039.jpg

As you can see in my siggy line, this is one of my very fav places ever! LOVE this ship. Thank you for the review. 50 days and counting...

Georgiagolfer - I like this size ship as well. That said, we do prefer the spirit class (Legend) for layout. The Fascination comes in a close second. We almos booked the Magic for our last cruise (instead of the Legend). I am so glad we didn't.

Our favorite ship to date has been the Liberty. Sailed her 3 times, but Fascination is a close 2nd.

I am soooo glad you pointed this out. As you, I was raised that men take off hats when you enter into a building (I was in the Air Force), but now days it is totally different. People (guys) will wear hats into the dining room and not even think twice about taking it off, but it's how they are raised. If parents taught their kids at an early age that men take off their hats when they enter a building (dining room or church), then there wouldn't be the problem that we are having now. It's sad, but thank goodness it didn't ruin your trip.

When my husband and I were going together (25 years ago!) he had never been taught to remove his hat. The first time we went to supper with my folks, my mom had to tell him to remove it. That was it, from then on he knew what he should do. So the problem goes back a generation at least.

When my husband and I were going together...

Wow! I thought "going together" was only used down here in the deep South! Plus, I haven't heard that phrase since I was in high school back in the early 90's. Neat hearing things from your youth and understanding it. I wonder how many others wondered what "going together" meant?!

I know this is off topic, so please forgive me but I couldn't resist commenting on this.

Wow! I thought "going together" was only used down here in the deep South! Plus, I haven't heard that phrase since I was in high school back in the early 90's. Neat hearing things from your youth and understanding it. I wonder how many others wondered what "going together" meant?!

I know this is off topic, so please forgive me but I couldn't resist commenting on this.

Our 15 yr. old GS doesn't say going together or even dating.He uses the term, "texting," when referring to a young girl he likes.

• 1 month later...

Archived