Splendor NEW New York Itinerary 2014 PR

MrPete

• 2 weeks later...
I saw this and am already planning my November 1st trip! Prices arent too bad. Lets hope airfare one way is reasonable for 6 ppl

Maybe we'll see you on board. ;) We haven't decided but if I were to book, that would be the week! :D

• 2 months later...
Does Antigua qualify as a "distant" port?

I can see why carnival has taken so long to get the 2014 itineraries out. They are really shaking things up.

EDIT: oops, I just noticed that one-way trips between the US mainland and PR are exempt from PVSA. Carry on. :)

Would you kindly explain what your EDIT means? Just when I think I'm pretty cruise savy -- I don't get a post. :D:confused:

It means you don't need a passport to cruise from the U.S. to Puerto Rico. Those cruises are exempt from the PVSA.

Bill

I just booked it this week and my PVP told me we do need to be sure we have our passports with us. :confused:

It means you don't need a passport to cruise from the U.S. to Puerto Rico. Those cruises are exempt from the PVSA.

Bill

I think that is incorrect. It refers to the Passenger Vessel Services Act of 1886 that prohibits a foreign flagged vessel to transport passengers between US ports. This is why there is no one way cruises from New York to Florida, for example.

While wikipedia is not always accurate, in this case it is reasonable. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_Vessel_Services_Act_of_1886

I think that is incorrect. It refers to the Passenger Vessel Services Act of 1886 that prohibits a foreign flagged vessel to transport passengers between US ports. This is why there is no one way cruises from New York to Florida, for example.

While wikipedia is not always accurate, in this case it is reasonable. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_Vessel_Services_Act_of_1886

Going to the link you provided I found this on that page:

Exceptions

Some exceptions have been made to the requirement of the Passenger Services Act. For example, Canadian vessels may transport passengers between Rochester, New York and Alexandria Bay, New York until such time as a U.S. carrier enters the market (46 U.S.C. § 55121(a)), and between ports in southeastern Alaska (46 U.S.C. § 55121(b)).

As of October 30, 2003, foreign vessels are also allowed to transport passengers (but not cargo) between the U.S. mainland and Puerto Rico (46 U.S.C. § 55104). However, this exemption will disappear if U.S.-flagged ships resume passenger operations of this type.[2]

Waivers from the PVSA can be requested in case of national defense interest.

Bill

I just booked it this week and my PVP told me we do need to be sure we have our passports with us. :confused:

If that is the case I apologize for the erroneous info.

If the PVP was correct than i think this cruise will cause quite a bit of confusion .

Bill

Archived