Splendor NEW New York Itinerary 2014 PR

MrPete

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR’S YEAR-ROUND SCHEDULE EXPANDED TO INCLUDE WIDEST VARIETY OF ITINERARY CHOICES FROM NEW YORK

MIAMI (May 13, 2013) – Beginning in 2014, Carnival Cruise Lines has significantly diversified Carnival Splendor’s ye...ar-round offerings from New York, adding new four- and five- day Canada cruises, seven-day Canada/New England departures, and the only program of eight-day eastern Caribb...ean voyages operating one-way between New York and San Juan.

These new voyages complement the ship’s popular year-round eight-day departures that showcase top destinations in the Caribbean, The Bahamas, and Central Florida.

In total, Carnival Splendor will offer 10 different itineraries visiting more than a dozen scenic destinations throughout the Caribbean, Canada, and the U.S. Atlantic Coast, providing consumers with an incredible array of “Fun Ship” vacation choices.

“New York is a favorite homeport of Carnival guests and we’re delighted to expand our offerings from the Big Apple to include a diverse array of itineraries, from historic and charming cities in Canada and New England to a host of tropical island destinations throughout the Caribbean,” said Gerry Cahill, Carnival’s president and CEO. “At the same time, we’re also pleased to offer these special one-way cruises between New York and San Juan which provide our guests with an even greater variety of exciting destinations from which to choose,” he added.

Four- to Seven-Day Canada/New England Cruises from New York

Carnival Splendor will operate a schedule of four-, five- and seven-day Canada/New England cruises running from June to October 2014.

Four-day weekend cruises depart June 5, July 3 and 31, and Aug. 28, 2014, calling at Saint John, New Brunswick, while five-day cruises depart Sept. 1 and Oct. 11, 2014, calling at both Saint John and Halifax, Nova Scotia. Five week-long “fall foliage” Canada/New England cruises will also be offered, featuring extended stops at Boston, Portland, Maine; Saint John and Halifax. Departure days for the seven-day voyages include Sept. 6, 13, 20, and 27 and Oct. 4, 2014.

These attractive Canada/New England voyages provide guests the opportunity to view centuries-old architectural structures, explore awe-inspiring natural wonders, and visit interesting historical landmarks.

Unique One-Way Cruises Between New York and San Juan

For the first time, Carnival Splendor will offer a series of one-way voyages between New York and San Juan. The eight-day itineraries will operate from New York to San Juan or vice versa, with stops at St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, and St. Maarten. Three New York-to-San Juan cruises will depart Oct. 24, 2014, and Jan. 12 and Feb. 13, 2015, while three San Juan-to-New York voyages will depart Nov. 1, 2014, and Jan. 20 and Feb. 21, 2015.

On these one-of-a-kind voyages, guests can visit some of the world’s most beautiful beaches and participate in a wide range of activities, from snorkeling, scuba diving and kayaking to zip-lining across the lush Caribbean countryside.

Eight-day Voyages Round-Trip from New York

These new options complement Carnival Splendor’s wide array of eight-day cruises round-trip from New York offered throughout the year. These include a Bahamas/Florida itinerary calling at Port Canaveral, Fla.; and Freeport and Nassau, The Bahamas, along with two different eastern Caribbean routes, one featuring San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk, and another visiting Grand Turk, Nassau and the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay.

In addition to outstanding beaches, guests sailing on these cruises can experience unique dining, shopping and cultural opportunities and tour a variety of historic landmarks and attractions.

Variety of Fun On-Board Options Aboard Carnival Splendor

The 3,006-passenger Carnival Splendor offers a variety of on-board features and facilities, highlighted by a two-level 21,000-square-foot Cloud 9 Spa, along with four swimming pools, a cascading water slide and free, supervised programming and facilities catering to kids in three age groups. Dining options include two two-level main dining rooms, a classic American steakhouse and an expansive poolside restaurant offering a variety of international cuisines and a 24-hour pizzeria.

Carnival Splendor also offers a wide range of accommodation choices, including spectacular suites and Cloud 9 Spa staterooms, with more than 60 percent of all staterooms offering either an ocean view or private balcony. There are even inter-connecting staterooms that are perfect for families or guests travelling together.

Unique One-Way Cruises Between New York and San Juan

For the first time, Carnival Splendor will offer a series of one-way voyages between New York and San Juan. The eight-day itineraries will operate from New York to San Juan or vice versa, with stops at St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, and St. Maarten. Three New York-to-San Juan cruises will depart Oct. 24, 2014, and Jan. 12 and Feb. 13, 2015, while three San Juan-to-New York voyages will depart Nov. 1, 2014, and Jan. 20 and Feb. 21, 2015.

On these one-of-a-kind voyages, guests can visit some of the world’s most beautiful beaches and participate in a wide range of activities, from snorkeling, scuba diving and kayaking to zip-lining across the lush Caribbean countryside.

This is really the only one that's new. I hope you can do them as a back to back. I don't want to deal with the hassle of flying, but I love the idea of 16 days out of NY in the winter to warmer ports.

I've never done a B2B but I'd save up my pennies for this one! Wouldn't matter to me about the repeating ports - I'll do beach days one visit and port tours on the next. I've never been to St Kitts, Antigua or St Maarten (on my bucket list!)

This is really the only one that's new. I hope you can do them as a back to back. I don't want to deal with the hassle of flying, but I love the idea of 16 days out of NY in the winter to warmer ports.

I've never done a B2B but I'd save up my pennies for this one! Wouldn't matter to me about the repeating ports - I'll do beach days one visit and port tours on the next. I've never been to St Kitts, Antigua or St Maarten (on my bucket list!)

Not really. It appears to also be taking over the Glory routes.

I am looking to save my pennies also to do this as a back to back. I think that would be a great cruise. On the way back, ports you didn't do as beach days you could or do a different excursion or just enjoy the ship. The possibilities are endless :D

Does anyone know if the splendor received its 2.0 upgrades yet

That's what I was going to ask. Also, what class ship is the Splendor? This is one of my homeports and I really think this will be our next cruise. Hoping it's different from the fantasy class ships, which are the only ones I've sailed on.

Same routes - different ship. Only the one way itineraries go to different ports than we've had out of NY before.

I don't mind doing the GT, HMC, Nassau or San Juan, St Thomas, GT in the summer, but to cruise out of NYC in the winter, I'd like a longer cruise and warmer ports to compensate for the colder at sea days on the way down.

If you can do the one ways B2B that would suit me just fine!

That's what I was going to ask. Also, what class ship is the Splendor? This is one of my homeports and I really think this will be our next cruise. Hoping it's different from the fantasy class ships, which are the only ones I've sailed on.

I've been doing a lot of research on the Splendor because we're sailing on her for the first time in June.

It always seems to be listed as it's own class. I think it was a sister ship to the Costa Concordia (yeah, that one :o ) but it went to Carnival instead of Costa. It has an aft pool area like the Legend and the Miracle, but the split dining rooms like the Victory and the Triumph, which seem to make getting around a bit taxing on some decks.

It has NOT had the 2.0 upgrades. No Guys or Red Frog Pub :(

I'm looking forward to it. We're doing ports we've done before on a new ship and we have our first aft wrap.

I wish I could do the B2B. My kids couldn't take that long off school. We are already off every Tues,Thurs, and Fri the first full week on November which this falls on!

One way airfare is a selling point for me too.

I'm hoping they do 1/2 deposits since its so far off I don't want to pay 1800 down for something 18 months out.

Very excited to be going back on the Splendor!

Does Antigua qualify as a "distant" port?

I can see why carnival has taken so long to get the 2014 itineraries out. They are really shaking things up.

EDIT: oops, I just noticed that one-way trips between the US mainland and PR are exempt from PVSA. Carry on. :)

Does Antigua qualify as a "distant" port?

I can see why carnival has taken so long to get the 2014 itineraries out. They are really shaking things up.

EDIT: oops, I just noticed that one-way trips between the US mainland and PR are exempt from PVSA. Carry on. :)

Doesn't matter anyway for a b2b because it would be a closed loop cruise.

I wonder whether Glory will spend the entire summer/fall in Boston instead of splitting between NYC and Boston. If they don't bring Glory north at all, Norfolk will lose the few cruises they currently have.

I wonder whether Glory will spend the entire summer/fall in Boston instead of splitting between NYC and Boston. If they don't bring Glory north at all, Norfolk will lose the few cruises they currently have.

I think the Glory may have originally been heading to the Med. Now they need to find something else for her to do.

Oh please let it be so!!! Maybe they can include PEI or Newf/Lab on an itinerary or two to mix things up a bit! Or 4 day cruises to just Halifax instead of Saint John so one could take in a different port for a long weekend! :D

Splendor is taking over Canada from New York and CCL is leaving Boston because they have to really discount rates to try to fill the ships. I'm not sure what will happen to Norfolk, but if they're not sending the Glory to Canada, I imagine they're leaving Norfolk too. This is mostly speculation, of course.

Splendor is taking over Canada from New York and CCL is leaving Boston because they have to really discount rates to try to fill the ships. I'm not sure what will happen to Norfolk, but if they're not sending the Glory to Canada, I imagine they're leaving Norfolk too. This is mostly speculation, of course.

CB: Is your Boston statement speculation as well or do you know they are leaving Boston for sure? I could not find any information confirming this online. Do you have an inside source? I hope it is not so but if it is, c'est la vie. I know NCL is pretty dedicated to the Boston market but don't offer any short cruises for a quick getaway. :(

CB: Is your Boston statement speculation as well or do you know they are leaving Boston for sure? I could not find any information confirming this online. Do you have an inside source? I hope it is not so but if it is, c'est la vie. I know NCL is pretty dedicated to the Boston market but don't offer any short cruises for a quick getaway. :(

Probably speculation, but the prices on the Glory out of Boston are stupid low.

Archived