Splendor NEW New York Itinerary 2014 PR

MrPete

CB: Is your Boston statement speculation as well or do you know they are leaving Boston for sure? I could not find any information confirming this online. Do you have an inside source? I hope it is not so but if it is, c'est la vie. I know NCL is pretty dedicated to the Boston market but don't offer any short cruises for a quick getaway. :(

CCL pulling out of Boston is mostly speculation on my part, but CCL did announce today that the Splendor would be doing Canada next summer. I can't imagine that they'll send two ships to Canada (one from NY and one from Boston) when they are having to discount Boston to fill the ship. If they're not filling rooms to Canada and CCL has backed out of Bermuda completely, I can't seem them doing 8 day cruises from Boston to the Bahamas.

In all seriousness, I'm massively disappointed with the new schedule. I LOVE going to Canada and I really like leaving out of Boston--this will probably be my last Canadian cruise for a while--at least on Carnival.

Probably speculation, but the prices on the Glory out of Boston are stupid low.

Quite low indeed, however they were not AS low before all this recent bad press. I got a great upgrade to a balcony on my June cruise for less than I originally booked an inside for last November. Even so, the prices from NY on the Splendor are lower, esp. when you factor in the price per day, and CCL isn't deserting that market :mad:

If they're not filling rooms to Canada and CCL has backed out of Bermuda completely, I can't seem them doing 8 day cruises from Boston to the Bahamas.

Are they really done with Bermuda? :( I was hoping to sail there next year & NCL wants way too much for the Breakaway, was alot cheaper when the Gem was doing it.

Pretty sure I saw that on the CCL or JH Facebook page a couple weeks ago. I'm too tired to go through and find it tonight, but a quick Google of "Carnival Cruise leaving Bermuda" will bring up some articles about CCL cutting back on Bermuda starting with the 2012 season.

Oh, and there is not one cruise scheduled to call on Bermuda between now and next April.

I know they only had the one sailing this past April & was hoping there would be more next year. Then JH made a comment on his FB page about Bermuda & lets see if its in the 2014 release dates, which really got me hopeful.

Are they really done with Bermuda? :( I was hoping to sail there next year & NCL wants way too much for the Breakaway, was alot cheaper when the Gem was doing it.

JH posted that there would be no Bermuda cruises because the only available port spots would not have been favorable for the passengers traveling there. Something about being there when all the shops would be closed, etc.

I wish I could do the B2B. My kids couldn't take that long off school. We are already off every Tues,Thurs, and Fri the first full week on November which this falls on!

One way airfare is a selling point for me too.

I'm hoping they do 1/2 deposits since its so far off I don't want to pay 1800 down for something 18 months out.

Very excited to be going back on the Splendor!

If you were flying SJU to NY this year on Sat Nov 2 the price is $145 for a one way ticket

Bill

CCL pulling out of Boston is mostly speculation on my part, but CCL did announce today that the Splendor would be doing Canada next summer. I can't imagine that they'll send two ships to Canada (one from NY and one from Boston) when they are having to discount Boston to fill the ship. If they're not filling rooms to Canada and CCL has backed out of Bermuda completely, I can't seem them doing 8 day cruises from Boston to the Bahamas.

In all seriousness, I'm massively disappointed with the new schedule. I LOVE going to Canada and I really like leaving out of Boston--this will probably be my last Canadian cruise for a while--at least on Carnival.

Canada was just not selling enought o make them committ to another ship out of Boston. That being said, I do wonder wher the Glory will be???

Have you tried RCL's Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne? She has spring/summer/fall itineraries to Bermuda. The Explorer also has some 9 night cruises that include Bermuda, San Juan, St. Maarten, Labadee etc. I love that itinerary, although we haven't tried it yet, hope to do it on the new RCL Quantum in 2015 our of Bayonne.

I looking for Splendor's itineraries for November 2014 and don't see it at all. So the schedule for 2014 for her is not complete!?!?!?

Check again. Splendor cruises are available to book thru April 2015

Check again. Splendor cruises are available to book thru April 2015

Ok I found it. I was looking at an online TA and they don't have Carnival Splendor's schedule up yet so I went to the Carnival website and found the itineraries.

My oh my, that November 1, 2014 sailing looks interesting! That's when we normally cruise, although I hate having to fly to San Juan (Again!)

Ok I found it. I was looking at an online TA and they don't have Carnival Splendor's schedule up yet so I went to the Carnival website and found the itineraries.

My oh my, that November 1, 2014 sailing looks interesting! That's when we normally cruise, although I hate having to fly to San Juan (Again!)

You could take an extra week and sail from NY on 24 October. Heck of a B2B. ;)

You could take an extra week and sail from NY on 24 October. Heck of a B2B. ;)

I could, October 23rd is my birthday - now wouldn't that be fantastic!! What is the cruise before the one on 11/1/14??

Unfortunately, I still have a daughter in high school. The November 1st cruise works out well for us because she is off 2 days that week for teacher's convention (HELLO - jersey week!)

We are almost decided booking that November 1st sailing. Just waiting for Breeze for the same week to compare the prices. But why do you hate flying to San Juan? We went there for a land vacation and had no problem with flight/airport.

We are almost decided booking that November 1st sailing. Just waiting for Breeze for the same week to compare the prices. But why do you hate flying to San Juan? We went there for a land vacation and had no problem with flight/airport.

It just such a hassle, driving to the airport, packing and trying not to go over the limit, paying for seats, luggage fees, luggage over 40 pounds fees, hotel the night before, meals, etc.

We flew to San Juan last Thanksgiving for a cruise into and our of there. The flights were over $600 each and the hotels started at $200 a night, plus $30 resort fee, etc.

It is very expensive to sail into and out of San Juan. When I saw the Splendor I assumed she would sail into and out of New York, here, I'd have to pay one way airfare and have to deal with the airlines, which is a big pain in the butt. Plus, I travel with my elderly parents and last time we had to take portable oxygen machines, etc., just alot of stuff to carry around on the airplane.

It's just something i'll need to think about before going ahead with it, the flying is what will kill the deal for us.

Archived