Two days in Bermuda. Ideas on what to do? (Explorer)

Jen516

Headed to Bermuda May 25th on the Explorer!! :) This will be our first getaway without our 3 kids. We will have two days (one night) in Bermuda, and neither of us have been there before.

Thoughts on what we should do? We are active people in our mid 30s. Love the beach, animals, shopping, and great food. So far I have noted Horseshoe Bay and possibly doing the Dolphin Quest. Maybe dinner at Coconuts or Breezes by the beach.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thx!

Jen

Headed to Bermuda May 25th on the Explorer!! :) This will be our first getaway without our 3 kids. We will have two days (one night) in Bermuda, and neither of us have been there before.

Thoughts on what we should do? We are active people in our mid 30s. Love the beach, animals, shopping, and great food. So far I have noted Horseshoe Bay and possibly doing the Dolphin Quest. Maybe dinner at Coconuts or Breezes by the beach.

Thx!

Jen

There used to be a famous restaurant called Frances Hideaway. It doesn't look like anything, but the food was in many top magazines, it has a shack over 100 years old and Fodor scored it as an exceptional out of the way place to eat. The

Food was the best seafood I ever ate and everything is totally fresh.

Thx!

Jen

There used to be a famous restaurant called Dennis' Hideaway. It doesn't look like anything, but the food was in many top magazines, it has a shack over 100 years old and Fodor scored it as an exceptional out of the way place to eat. The

Food was the best seafood I ever ate and everything is totally fresh.

So sorry you never got to eat there. It will be missed.

Jul 27, 2011, 6:27 PM

>>>2) Is there anything else that would be similar or even remotely similar?<<<

NOPE...Dennis' was a genuine '..one-off..'...In Webster's Bermudian-English Dictionary, under the listing for '..quirky..'...the citation read: "..See: Dennis' Hideaway..".

Though not in the same class (not even the same universe) for 'quirky'...try stopping out at the BLACK HORSE TAVERN, out on Saint David's Island...Saint David's Road (at: Clarke Hill Rd..nr: the St. David's Primary School) on the waterfront, overlooking Smith's Sound.

If you like beaches, we did a beach hop starting at Warwick Beach and then followed the path to Horseshoe Bay. It takes a bit of time (half a day or so depending on how much time you spend at each beach or taking breaks). We are hoping to do this again, but dh's foot may not make it!!

Bermuda is awesome!!

Leaving tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has anymore feedback? I'm a bit overwhelmed at everything to do and keep reading other threads about where to go and how to get there. This adds to the confusion! Thx! :)

Consider a trip to St. Georges. You can take a ferry right from the dockyard, and then spend some time exploring the area. Tobacco Bay is a little bit of a walk from St. Georges, but it has some beautiful scenery.

We just got back this morning, and I cannot wait to go back to Bermuda! Lucky you, going without the kids. ;)

Horseshoe Bay is absolutely gorgeous. I'd highly recommend you visit there. I'd also recommend a few Rum Swizzles at the Swizzle Inn (either location), as they're delicious.

We bought bus/ferry passes and were glad that we did. You can take the ferry one day to St. George's and bus back to take the ferry out of Hamilton. That let us do a few things (Swizzle Inn, Crystal Caves) one day and spend the next day lounging around Horseshoe Bay.

Have fun!

Jen,

We were there for a week. Here is a VERY detailed summary on things to do and how to get there via the public transportation.

Tips for Bermuda travelers: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/bermuda.html

I know your intentions are good, but the 8 year old page you repeated suggest posters read provides outdated information (example: prices of the transportation passes) and provides travel suggestions for passengers on ships docked in Hamilton and St. George's when ships no longer dock in those two cities (other than an odd small ship or two, mostly in off season or shoulder season). All the large cruise ships dock in Royal Naval Dockyard, and travel needs to be planned commencing from that location, not Hamilton or St. George's.

Far more of your blog is about the ship Zenith, which is no longer even part of the Celebrity fleet, than it is about Bermuda anyway.

Again, I'm sure your intentions are good, but your web page is not a good source of current information.

Archived