Carnival Legend or Carnival Conquest?

jbomb316

Want to book a cruise in August. Looking at the Legend and the Conquest. Both have the same itinerary. Both about the same driving distance from our house. Prices for both just about the same. Anyone been on both and have an opinion? Anyone have a favorite? Would love any input! Thanks!

Want to book a cruise in August. Looking at the Legend and the Conquest. Both have the same itinerary. Both about the same driving distance from our house. Prices for both just about the same. Anyone been on both and have an opinion? Anyone have a favorite? Would love any input! Thanks!

I've been on both and I like the Conquest quite a bit better. The Conquest is larger and laid out very conveniently. It also has the 2.0 upgrade with Guy's Burgers, the tequila bar and the red frog. The Conquest also has the seafood cafe (follow the stairs from the buffet near the dessert area) with everything from fried oysters to ceviche to delicious bouillabaise. A lot of people also like the "stadium" loungers by the pool area.

The Legend has the two-story smallish disco with stairs connecting the two levels and it has the piano bar at the end of one level and the disco up a level and at the other end.

As far as service and fun they're both outstanding and I would sail again on either in a heartbeat.

The Legend was our first cruise 5 years ago and the Conquest was our last cruise 2 months ago. Both were great, as all of the others have been as well. Now, if I had to pick one, I would pick the Legend. It is a little smaller and I just liked the way it was laid out. We had an obstructed balcony cabin and it was great. The life boats are right outside the cabin, just below the balcony. It was actually cool to have them there. Either way you go, It will be great!

I assume you're referring to August 2014, since Legend is in Europe in August 2013.

I've been on both - twice on Conquest, once on Legend but second booked in July. I'm one of the minority who prefer Conquest-class to Spirit-class (a lot of people like the Spirit-class ships as being smaller and easier to navigate), but as you can tell from my signature we are happy to sail Spirit-class ships. Two thoughts here: If you'd like to experience a Spirit-class ship, I'd sail Legend before she repositions to Australia. Once she repositions, the only East Coast Spirit-class ship will be Pride out of Baltimore. (I know Legend's Australia tour is "seasonal," but right now all Carnival is saying is that she will operate "in the Northern Hemisphere" during the Australian winter. That's a lot of territory.:rolleyes:) However, if class of ship isn't important, I'd go with Conquest, which has had the 2.0 upgrades.

I have not sailed on Legend, but have been on Conquest 2x and Valor once. I love Conquest class ships. Plus Conquest has 2.0 upgrades and a steakhouse and I don't THINK legend has that yet (could be wrong). Personally I would pick Conquest, but a lot of people like Spirit class ships.

Sailed the Conquest 4 times and the Legend once. I like the fewer number of passengers on the spirit class ships, but we had great cruises on both. In this case with the same itineraries I would go with whichever one was cheaper. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these ships.

Archived