A Balenced Review

In Southampton’s cool climate, I was not able to see ‘the waterfront’ fully utilised. However I do have a couple of concerns about it. Firstly, the amount of external seating and standing room at the bars, is quite limited. As the ship can carry 4,000 passengers, it is bound to get very crowded in a warm climate. Your odds of actually being able to drink or dine in the fresh air, must surely be quite low. It is also worth noting that the space between the rail and chairs/tables is only two people wide at some points.

I may be over-concerned about The Waterfornt? Reviews form the first ‘proper’ cruises will be the acid teat.

Spice H2O: Is an outdoor public area, with a large video screen, bar, dance floor and performance space at the very stern of the ship. There is no pool, but a small decorative water fall. It is a much smaller space than Epic’s, of the same name. It also does not benefit from the tiered seating that Epic’s version does. In fact Breakaway’s does not have much seating at all.

I was also surprised how small the balcony was (32 sq ft, 8ft x 4ft). It was just big enough for two upright chairs and a tiny table. In fact if you were tall your knees might even touch the glass railing. (There was a drainage gully by the glass railing and if you moved the chairs a few inches, a chair leg or two often fell into the gully).

Points of interest for me. :cool:

It's long, but this review tells it how it is:

Thanks for the review. I am booked on the Breakaway- our first NCL cruise. We are also in a mini suite. Our cabin has an extra large balcony. Did you view any mini suites with a large balcony? The mini suites with "regular" balconies appeared to be a porch, rather then a true balcony. My only concern is that our cabin is above the main theatre- towards the back seating area of the theatre on deck #8. We typically get up early and like to be in bed before 11:PM to midnight- so we felt that the noise wouldn't be a factor as the shows should be over. Hopefully we are correct. Any information you can share with us would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Our friends were in cabin 11186 on the Transatlantic sailing and the balcony was small. We were in 11274 with a larger balcony due to being on the side that expanded out.

Lovely, lovely ship with lots to see and do especially on a warm weather cruise.

Our friends were in cabin 11186 on the Transatlantic sailing and the balcony was small. We were in 11274 with a larger balcony due to being on the side that expanded out.

Lovely, lovely ship with lots to see and do especially on a warm weather cruise.

How does the ship compare to the Silhouette? Sailing on her in Jan. Conceirge C with large balcony

Archived