Constellation in November

cascdav

We are considering booking the 12 day Constellation cruise departing Bayonne on October 29th. My wife is very concerned about the seas (around N.J.), whether or not they will be calm or uncomfortable during this time of year. Can anyone comment????

If there's a hurricane (and the season runs through November), the seas will be angry. If there isn't a hurricane, it shouldn't be bad, but don't expect warm temperatures until you're 24 hours or more out of NY Harbor.

2003 we left Phila in October and the seas were like glass - 2004 we left NY and the seas were very angry - 5 rough days - there is no way you can predict what kind of sail you will have.

Marilou

We are considering booking the 12 day Constellation cruise departing Bayonne on October 29th. My wife is very concerned about the seas (around N.J.), whether or not they will be calm or uncomfortable during this time of year. Can anyone comment????

Hi Cascdav !

I agree with what the other folks have said. The seas out of NY/NJ, heading down south can be very rough at times. Also, October is still hurricane season (although towards the end of the season). There is absolutely no way of knowing in advance if the seas will be rough, but the possibility is very likely.

If rough seas is a deal-breaker for you, consider sailing as late in November as possible, and especially consider sailing out of Florida or San Juan, as this will also decrease the probability of very rough seas.

I hope this information is helpful. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thank you all for your responses. We were hoping to sail out of Bayonne to save the airfare expenses, however, given this feedback, we may indeed chose a different port to depart from

Archived