royal princess - price and decks

Nextholiday?

Hello :)

I know no one has sailed on her yet but i am looking at the prices of royal princess.

I have noticed that there are some interior rooms for 12 nights for £999 - I have looked before and am I right in saying these are quite reasonable prices, especially for a new beautiful ship :D

Also the decks - I have done Disney and RC (two nighter), and been on deck 6 for both. This would be an inside room. Any thoughts you can give me. Was looking at deck 14. Are there any negatives to being this high?

With the adults only part - sanctuary? - can you use this if book an interior room?

MANY thanks for all your help and patience :)

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

It appears Emerald deck 8 is the lowest deck with cabins on the Royal. If you're considering that deck, be sure there is nothing below the cabin which may generate noise.

Riviera deck 14 has cabins on decks below and above, so noise coming from those areas should not be an issue. Being higher, you may feel more swaying in rough seas than on lower decks.

The Sanctuary is open to all cruisers in all cabin categories...for a fee.

Lew

Hi Nextholiday?

The prices are good at the moment for the Royal this summer and I think £999 is a good price for a inside on a new ship.

Insides - Regards being high up some people love it as it's near the pools, horizon court etc but some do not like that you can feel more movement higher up on the ship.

I personally do not mind being high up but I personally don't like being forward on the ship.

The sanctuary is available to anyone regardless of what type of cabin you are in. You can book for half days, full days or a certain amount are available to book for the whole week/cruise but it is on a first come first served basis.

I am on the Royal this summer and am hoping to book a half day in the sanctuary as I have never done it before. I'm not planning the full cruise as it's so port intensive but I can imagine it will be a sanctuary especially if cruising during the school holidays!!

Thank you both :D

Can you point me in the direction of the costs of the sanctuary, or advise if you do not mind.

I am guessing from what I have read the Celebrity and Princess are along the same lines? As in higher end cruising, "older" quieter, more relaxing, good restaurants and maybe more "quieter" evening entertainment. If so it sounds perfect but one thing that worries me is, for example, if we go to breakfast we wear shorts/top or sun dress, and evening smart sun dress etc (for me not the hubby ;)) - would we feel out of place? I like to go away to somewhere where I feel relaxed rather than feeling out of place - awkward to explain sorry

From what I understand the Sanctuary is $20 per day and there is possibly a reduction to $15 per day if booked for the whole cruise.

As I have yet to experience the Sanctuary I'm sure the good people on CC will correct me if I'm wrong.

Breakfast and lunch in the dining room is casual - though no swimsuits and tops must be worn (men & women :D).

If you check out the wonderful thread about the Royal princess there is a huge amount of information, but there are a lot more dining options available on Royal Princess as well as the MDR so if you do not wish to wear formal dress at night there are a number of casual eateries at night.

From what I understand the Sanctuary is $20 per day and there is possibly a reduction to $15 per day if booked for the whole cruise.

As I have yet to experience the Sanctuary I'm sure the good people on CC will correct me if I'm wrong.

Princess has stated that the Sanctuary prices for the Royal will be increased to $25 for a full day and $15 for a half day:( No indication if there will be a discount for booking the entire cruise.

Princess has stated that the Sanctuary prices for the Royal will be increased to $25 for a full day and $15 for a half day:( No indication if there will be a discount for booking the entire cruise.

Oh didn't realise that - thanks for the update :)

Thanks dmwnc1959!

I am hoping to use the Sanctuary for the first time this summer to experience pure relaxation!!:cool: It looks fantastic - just hope I can bag a spot.

We hope that won't mean a price increase on other Princess ships.

Would be interesting to see if this happens - you would think that it would be the same whatever the ship. UNLESS is there anything extra special you get on the Royal that you don't get on other ships (not including the extra fee items)?

Archived