Veendam Fantastic from Quebec to Boston!

Thanks for posting your review. We were on the same cruise and also had a good time. And reading some of the things you did in port makes me want to go back and see more.

As for the lights in the dining room, the new ones are plastic (or some sort of lightweight resin). They had a scaffold set up in the dining room the Saturday we boarded (when we ate lunch there).

As for condition of the ship, we thought it was fine, although our room's temperature was a little cool even with the thermostat set all the way over on the heat side. We did eat breakfast with a couple who was not so lucky with their cabin assignment. There was a sewage leak that kept them from their original cabin. They waited over an hour for another assignment. And after they had finished unpacking, they were told they had to move. They ended up in one of the Lower Promenade cabins at the aft (Cat. D). They complained about the noise of people walking around and the noise from the dining room above, the latter being most prevalent before 6 a.m. every morning as the waiters set up the dining room for breakfast.

Another couple we met told us about a water leak in the cabin next to theirs. It was bad enough that some of the water seeped into their cabin as well. That happened on the May 4 cruise. The cabin with the leak was not occupied during the cruise. The ship's employees set up fans that ran constantly in it to try to evaporate the moisture.

There's something for everyone! Those D staterooms on the stern...LP Deck...are our favorite on the S class ships! Very spacious - at least a foot wider than the other outside cabins.

Fair to say the, MS Veendam is delivering a great cruise package.

Congratulations to all the Officers and Crew for to bringing Her back and most of the time exceeding "The Standard Of Excellence.":D

Sail on these great ships while you can as long as you can. There days are coming slowly to a close.

Twenty wonderful cruising days on Her this year.

I agree, Chief. We had 21 days on the Ryndam this winter...and 21 last year on the Maasdam and Veendam...we will enjoy the S class as long as they're around...and as long as we're able to cruise. We have the NA coming up, but truthfully, if the Ryndam TA had been in October rather than November, I would have booked that in a heartbeat. Luckily we have the Maasdam to look forward to in January.

Thanks for your review. We are doing the same cruise in reverse at the end of June. It will be our first HAL cruise and I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews of the Veendam, but I feel much better now. And so excited for all the ports!! Hope I can fit everything in we want to do. Thanks for the heads up on the museum with the video game exhibit - my 2 boys (ages 6 and 9) should get a kick out of that.

Archived