Bus / Ferry Passes

Giorgi-one

Passes can be purchased in the Customs Building that you pass through when you leave the ship. They are also available at the Visitor Information Center that is right near the Ferry dock. If you are in Bermuda for three days and purchase a two day pass, the pass must be used on two consecutive days such as 1 &2 or 2 & 3. You cannot use it on days 1 & 3. They also have tokens available at the Visitor Centers. Also, you have to have cash to purchase them. They don't take credit or debit cards.

Passes can be purchased in the Customs Building that you pass through when you leave the ship. They are also available at the Visitor Information Center that is right near the Ferry dock. If you are in Bermuda for three days and purchase a two day pass, the pass must be used on two consecutive days such as 1 &2 or 2 & 3. You cannot use it on days 1 & 3. They also have tokens available at the Visitor Centers. Also, you have to have cash to purchase them. They don't take credit or debit cards.

How much is the price difference if I purchase passes via cruise excursion department instead of on land (would that be something like more than USD10 per person)? I heard of long waiting line for day 1 when everyone is trying to get off the ship. Thanks in advance for your insights.

How much is the price difference if I purchase passes via cruise excursion department instead of on land (would that be something like more than USD10 per person)? I heard of long waiting line for day 1 when everyone is trying to get off the ship. Thanks in advance for your insights.

Cruise lines offer the passes on board as a courtesy to their passengers. In our experience we've never been charged anything above the official price (and I suspect it would be illegal for the cruise lines to add a surcharge). In fact cruise lines have generally discontinued selling them on board...I was surprised to read that they were being sold on the Norwegian Breakaway, but perhaps because of the size of the ship NCL wants to avoid having their passengers wait on long lines to buy them once in Bermuda.

2013 prices are:

One Day Pass $15

Two Day $25

Three Day $35

Cruise lines offer the passes on board as a courtesy to their passengers. In our experience we've never been charged anything above the official price (and I suspect it would be illegal for the cruise lines to add a surcharge). In fact cruise lines have generally discontinued selling them on board...I was surprised to read that they were being sold on the Norwegian Breakaway, but perhaps because of the size of the ship NCL wants to avoid having their passengers wait on long lines to buy them once in Bermuda.

2013 prices are:

One Day Pass $15

Two Day $25

Three Day $35

You are right, they may not sell the pass on board (just checked the online reservation system). So I guess I just need to bring enough cash to purchase the passes when we arrive at Bermuda. Thanks again for listing out the pass by day ranges. Much appreciated!

I was surprised to read that they were being sold on the Norwegian Breakaway, but perhaps because of the size of the ship NCL wants to avoid having their passengers wait on long lines to buy them once in Bermuda.

2013 prices are:

One Day Pass $15

Two Day $25

Three Day $35

I think I've read everything on these boards about Norweagean Breakaway:Dbut I din't hear about the passes being sold on the ship.

Where did you read this?

I think I've read everything on these boards about Norweagean Breakaway:Dbut I din't hear about the passes being sold on the ship.

Where did you read this?

My mind got muddled up about buying the pass "on the ship".

For my parents, they were on NCL Star last September and they were able to buy bus/ferry tickets on the ship.

My family will be on NCL Breakaway this coming September, and I mistakenly thought the "buying tickets on the ship" scenario is applicable for all NCL ships.

Sorry for any confusion this may cause.

Archived