!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

I have two more drink menus I think, but they are later in the week. To be honest I did not even read these menus. I just opened them and snapped pictures. But I could not imagine them not having bloody Marie's.

Thank you. I am sure they have them, I'll be waiting to see the menu so I can see the price of them since this is one of my dh's favorites to drink while away, well and home too sometimes LOL

My mouth was watering reading all the drinks available! I am currently at work and wishing I could have a drink... This is ridiculous! If I was an alcoholic I'd be scheming up ways to get stuff into my coffee mug! :cool:

so no beverage package for you on NCL. did you say you had it on X?

again, DH and decided to upgrade after the 123 deal. its about no worries and options.

thanks again for your review. reading the bermuda planning guide like a hawk.:eek:

LOL, they should have at least put an arrow to show where it is supposed to be! And they never corrected the Nag harbor, either. Oh well, guess the foreign painters are as bad at geography as they are here in the US! lol.

Let's blame Peter Max! :p

Checking in on my lunch hour, and now I'm all caught up ...it's like reading a really good book that I can't put down and you're only up to day 2!!! I may have to take a leave of absence just to read the rest ;)

Now I can't wait until I get home - thanks for all the time and effort.

Somehow I managed to get half of my research paper done today in spite of Day 1 being finished! :D

Dedication!!!!

Bummer... I'm all caught up!

Edited by SwellBee
addition

By the way since I am looking for a new underwater camera. I decided to look at this camera on Amazon, and the ship had it for the same price as Amazon. Just incredible! On celebrity the markup was ridiculous.

DSC06749_zpsacf7d9f8.jpg

I have that camera, and I love it! I used it in key west recently for all my pics and was very happy with the quality. It has some cool features. :)

Edited by dpomes

I used disposable underwater cameras last year and the pictures weren't even worth what it cost to develope them and the price of the camera. They came out TERRIBLE!!! If I got one decent picture for my scrapbook I'm lucky and they were quite expensive to develope as well.

Day 2

Ok, lets see Day 2. First let me start by talking about a few things that I forgot to mention in day one. One of the things we noticed when we entered the room was that our balcony light was broken. On day one we also talked to several people about this problem so it could get fixed, unfortunately by the end of day 1 the problem had not been addressed. It was very frustrating as I really enjoy to sit on the balcony and work on my pictures while I have a drink at night. But in any case I still did it, I just left the curtain open so a little light would reach the balcony.

That morning we woke up at around 6:45, I slept pretty good. But I do recall having some pretty nasty nightmares and all ship emergency related. Ughhhh, what can I tell you, dreams can be very disturbing at times. Mom also mentioned to me that the toilet was broken, as I remember Slice also telling me something similar about hers. But then I noticed that you have to press the bottom really hard in order for it to work. My mom was having trouble with that, they really shouldn't have made this like that. I imagine it will be almost impossible for young children to flush.

So anyway, the ship was traveling at about 11 knots, I started playing with the TV and noticed that they did not have the bridge channel. I am sure many inside and studio rooms really miss that. The TV programing is also very weak, they have a bunch of news channels, a bunch of NCL selling channels, a few ship related one and one favorite show channel and a favorite movie channel. I think by the end of the cruise I had seen most of the favorite shows available. And the movies were not that good, ill say that one of the movies was Mary Poppins, really? how old is this movie? Celebrity and RCCL both have much better TV programing. The tv shows were more current, but again not enough of them. Someone doing a TA or B2B, would be in trouble. But then again I think I just watch too much TV for my own good :D.

So anyway my mom made a call to see if they would come this time and get the light fixed. They said that they would be there very soon. By the way that phone call lasted about 10 seconds, I think they actually hung up on her, little rude she told me. If you're wondering they never showed up. We had to go to customer service again, more on that later.

So anyway, then the aerobics class started at around 8am and you could hear the music from H2O. Nothing horrible, but you could definitely hear it, I think I was sitting in the balcony enjoying the breeze and working on my pictures.

Funny you mentioned the toilets, definately an issue with flushing. Not for me, but my wife would call me everytime she used the facilities. I never had to teach a grownup how to flush. Also, the TV is horrible. Why are we watching foreign TV in the USA? All their feeds are from Europe. I can understand the limited channels but at least get American feeds. If I had to watch one more European soccer match on ESPN I would have swam home. One word NCL - DIRECTV.

Great review once again! I am looking forward to the comparison between Sillouette, Allure and Breakaway since I've only ever cruised X, particularly on how you think food compares.

Anyway, having fun reading every detail, keep it coming!

PS: friend request on FB sent (Jacque Gregory) :D

Gambee, sorry for using this thread to post this but I don't want to put wrong information out there. The Cirque price change goes into effect starting with the July 21, 2013 sailing. The PCC that helped me didn't know what she was doing so now I have to try and get standard seating when I board since they are sold out online for the days we were looking at. I don't know when the price increase for spa passes go into effect.

Loving your GREAT reviews and pictures. Again sorry for the post!

so no beverage package for you on NCL. did you say you had it on X?

again, DH and decided to upgrade after the 123 deal. its about no worries and options.

thanks again for your review. reading the bermuda planning guide like a hawk.:eek:

The beverage package is so much better on X, and upgrading from the 123 promotion is the best thing that we ever did. The drink on X are amazing, don't miss the banana split at the martini bar.

You've done it again, gambee - another AWESOME review!!!

:):):)

Barb

Thank you Bard :)

Checking in on my lunch hour, and now I'm all caught up ...it's like reading a really good book that I can't put down and you're only up to day 2!!! I may have to take a leave of absence just to read the rest ;)

Now I can't wait until I get home - thanks for all the time and effort.

Glad to know that I still so many of you here, I would think that a few people would be bored by now. Unfortunately I had to work and that delayed this process a little. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish day 2 :).

I have that camera, and I love it! I used it in key west recently for all my pics and was very happy with the quality. It has some cool features. :)

Would you mind if I ask you to send me a few pictures to my email. I am wondering how much better the pictures of that camera are vs the ones of the one that I currently have. I don't mind spending money as long as I know that the camera takes good pictures.

Thank you :).

I used disposable underwater cameras last year and the pictures weren't even worth what it cost to develope them and the price of the camera. They came out TERRIBLE!!! If I got one decent picture for my scrapbook I'm lucky and they were quite expensive to develope as well.

Oh my, I saw a couple with on of those cameras. They really have terrible lens in there. Plus taking pictures underwater is just not that easy at all.

Funny you mentioned the toilets, definately an issue with flushing. Not for me, but my wife would call me everytime she used the facilities. I never had to teach a grownup how to flush. Also, the TV is horrible. Why are we watching foreign TV in the USA? All their feeds are from Europe. I can understand the limited channels but at least get American feeds. If I had to watch one more European soccer match on ESPN I would have swam home. One word NCL - DIRECTV.

Right? The tv programing is just pathetic, nice to know that I am not the only one who feels that way. And the toilet issue wel, nothing to do now about it. Maybe with use they get easier to press.

Sneaking looks at the review while at work. Had my boss walk by and ask what I was looking at. So I showed him and he started getting interested!

I thought I was in trouble!

You're not the first one who runs into that. I remember someone with a similar problem on my last review. And then the boss started reading the review and let it be said that it was not a productive day. Lol.

Great review once again! I am looking forward to the comparison between Sillouette, Allure and Breakaway since I've only ever cruised X, particularly on how you think food compares.

Anyway, having fun reading every detail, keep it coming!

PS: friend request on FB sent (Jacque Gregory) :D

The funny thing is that as I write the review and I keep thinking how all the lines compare and I am still undecided about many factors. I guess with pass of time I will settle a bit more. But I am almost sure on my favorite :D

Gambee, sorry for using this thread to post this but I don't want to put wrong information out there. The Cirque price change goes into effect starting with the July 21, 2013 sailing. The PCC that helped me didn't know what she was doing so now I have to try and get standard seating when I board since they are sold out online for the days we were looking at. I don't know when the price increase for spa passes go into effect.

Loving your GREAT reviews and pictures. Again sorry for the post!

Thanks for the info :).

such an enjoyable review once again, I never miss your reviews. This makes me want to try Breakaway, she looks beautiful.

She definitely is one gorgeous ship!

Gambee, I have to wait until September to go on the Breakaway for my honeymoon, but thank you for giving me the best look at the ship so far. There are a lot of little helpful tips, though I think I will avoid going too near the salt in the salt room.

just watched the bermuda web cam. holy cow is the breakaway a huge ship. surprised you did not need a gps gambee.

The ship is actually very easy to navigate. Mom got around easily :)

Would you mind if I ask you to send me a few pictures to my email. I am wondering how much better the pictures of that camera are vs the ones of the one that I currently have. I don't mind spending money as long as I know that the camera takes good pictures.

Thank you :).

I'll send you some when I get home from work. ;)

Gambee, I have to wait until September to go on the Breakaway for my honeymoon, but thank you for giving me the best look at the ship so far. There are a lot of little helpful tips, though I think I will avoid going too near the salt in the salt room.

I hope you have a great honeymoon aboard the Breakaway :). You don't like salt? Supposed to be good for u.