ARRGH - Just got cut off

After waiting 20 minutes and providing name, C&A number etc, call was dropped just as I was telling the reservationist to book. Things seemed hectic in the background. Back on hold now - hope this time is the charm.

After waiting 20 minutes and providing name, C&A number etc, call was dropped just as I was telling the reservationist to book. Things seemed hectic in the background. Back on hold now - hope this time is the charm.

Fingers are crossed....:)

Thanks, have now booked (I think) but not without a lot more drama than there should have been.

Waited the second time on hold for 52 minutes and then got through on the way to work. Pulled over and got through passenger names, C&A numbers, cabin selection, dining time and working on next cruise certificate when reservationist said her computer was churning, churning, churning and nothing happening. She said she would have to try something different but we may get cut off so she took my cell number and said she would call right back if we did get cut off. Lo and behold we were cut off but she did not call back.

Drove to work, tried to call in again got never-ending message that call lines were long. Started working on an email to C&A when I received a call from a nice lady in Miami who said the second reservationist still couldn't get back on her computer so she was calling to make reservation but we would have to start from the beginning.

Neither of the two cabins I originally tried to book were available so had to choose another. Then after going through all the steps of the reservation including credit card number, she started having computer problems!!! :eek: She said there had been many systems issues. She did eventually tell me we were confirmed but I never did receive an email confirmation (which she said would be coming shortly) nor does the reservation show up on my cruises on the website. Sure hope the third time was the charm and the sailing goes smoother than the reservation process.:cool:

Sorry you had such problems. We "lost" a stateroom and had to select another...think it was because the rep was not sure of what he was doing.

Email confirmations are slow coming because of all the system problems this am. We called RCI and went to the reps that service existing reservations and immediately got an email confirmation...that rep said that systems were down this morning so emails did not go out.

We feel much better with that documentation in hand!

Sorry you had such problems. We "lost" a stateroom and had to select another...think it was because the rep was not sure of what he was doing.

Email confirmations are slow coming because of all the system problems this am. We called RCI and went to the reps that service existing reservations and immediately got an email confirmation...that rep said that systems were down this morning so emails did not go out.

We feel much better with that documentation in hand!

Thanks - my rant is over and I feel better but still have not received a confirmatory email. Will have to call tomorrow.

Thanks - my rant is over and I feel better but still have not received a confirmatory email. Will have to call tomorrow.

Can you see your cruise under your reservations on the RCCL.com site?

I went to check immediately after booking and my reservation showed up. So, we're good to go.

Keep us posted!

I did call yesterday and received email confirmation. Apparently, many were not delivered properly due to systems issues at RCI so at least I know the 3rd time was the charm in actually getting a reservation.

Now I just have to check back on D+ balcony discount if it is not applied in the next few days. I was told the discounts have to be approved by a manager and there is a large backlog.

Why are you booking direct? My TA gave us prepaid gratuities and OBC?

Archived