Icebar in Stockholm

Sorry to be negative, especially as I've not been there.

But I heard plenty of opinions on this site & elsewhere that put me off, confirmed by folk who returned from there to the ship.

Quirky, but expensive (even DIY) & not worth the time, trouble or money was the general verdict.

To stress - that's not personal experience, but the opinions of others

JB :)

Awww, c'mon some times you just have to try something for "fun" and the novelty of it. We did the Ice Bar in Stockholm with another couple we met on CC and we had some good laughs. We did it as part of the ship tour that not only did the Ice Bar, but the Vasa Museum and a walking tour of the city. When we went two years ago the NCL Sun did not dock in the city, but about an hour away suburb so taking the ship's tour was the easiest to squeeze all three in. No fuss, everything was reserved. You probably could do it for less $$ if you figure out the logistics yourself.

I'd say, skip the Stockholm ice bar, start saving and then book a trip to the original ice bar at the ice hotel in Jukkasjärvi. ;)
Without doubt the best ice bar.

But surely "original" is stretching it a bit when it's brand new every year? ;)

Awww, c'mon some times you just have to try something for "fun" and the novelty of it. We did the Ice Bar in Stockholm with another couple we met on CC and we had some good laughs. We did it as part of the ship tour that not only did the Ice Bar, but the Vasa Museum and a walking tour of the city. When we went two years ago the NCL Sun did not dock in the city, but about an hour away suburb so taking the ship's tour was the easiest to squeeze all three in. No fuss, everything was reserved. You probably could do it for less $$ if you figure out the logistics yourself.

I'll second this. We did it ourselves last June. Yes, a bit touristy but lots of fun and a nice break from the many historical sights we visited on our Baltic cruise.

Archived