On Board Credit

OnWeGo

We have just reserved our first river cruise with Viking for June 2014 through a travel agent. When we have reserved cruises in the past (Royal Carribean, etc) they have offered on board credit. I've seen where some river cruises have offered on board credit (i.e. Uniworld). Does Viking ever offer on board credit?

When we booked our Nov 2013 Viking cruise in Jan this year we were offered a $250 pp on board credit OR we could deduct it from the cost of the cruise. I chose to deduct from the cost of the cruise. From what I have read here $250 pp is a fairly common offer from a TA.

From what I have read here $250 pp is a fairly common offer from a TA.

Exactly, excepting special offers or promotions, the OBC is most likely to come from the TA not the cruise line.

Expect to negotiate with the TA for a discount or OBC and if you don't get offered either then find a new TA :)

Sure wish I knew this beforehand. I got a whooping 50.00 from my TA and 50.00 from Viking.

Ya I had a TA like that, guess what? She not my TA any more! Our new TA gave 5% off the published price (and her price was already slightly better) plus $250 OBC and a $250 referral fee.

Google Luxury cruising and large TA groups pop up specializing in high end traveling and really know a lot about River Cruising. There are several of these agencies, call and talk to them.

Archived