Best night for Normandie Reataurant

Giorgi-one

Sailing on Summit June 9th. Any suggestion for best night to eat at Normandie Restaurant. Is there onx night with no entertainment?

I like the first night since the specialty restaurants seem to be less crowded and you seem to get better service. Don't get me wrong the service is generally excellent. Also, if you like it, you can go back another night. Often there is a discount for first night. Every night has entertainment. Enjoy your cruise , did Bermuda last year, my favorite island.

I would think the first night. That way you won't have to wait in a long line to be shown your table if you have regular dining in the MDR. If you are in AQ I have heard that you get 50% off the first night.

As the other poster also mentioned there usually is a discount for the first night.

Other than that it is up to what works for you.

Every night has entertainment. Some nights the production show and other the guest entertainers. The first night is just a introduction and is usually repeated many times on the CD channel. You really don't miss anything if you don't go. It last about 45 minutes.

Sailing on Summit June 9th. Any suggestion for best night to eat at Normandie Restaurant. Is there onx night with no entertainment?

First night is usually the best or one of the nights in Bermuda

We went Saturday ( the last evening). Bags were packed. The show was going to be a compilation of other acts we saw the other nights. Had a wonderful dinner with excellent service. Busy but not overcrowded. Perfect way to end a great week. Did the trip last moment and as we were sitting in Normandie Carl and I agreed it was one of our best cruises ever. Any night would be great. A perfect restaurant to celebrate your cruise. Chris

Actually I usually like to check out all the dinner menus for the week and go yo specialty restaurants on nights I do not see anything special on the MDR menu. I cannot find recent Summit menus but did find menus for 2012. Does anyone know if menus have changed during last year? Odds are that even if they are the same, they may not be on the same days. I guess I will have to wait until I board and check MDR menus. They usually have a book with menus available.

Actually I usually like to check out all the dinner menus for the week and go yo specialty restaurants on nights I do not see anything special on the MDR menu. I cannot find recent Summit menus but did find menus for 2012. Does anyone know if menus have changed during last year? Odds are that even if they are the same, they may not be on the same days. I guess I will have to wait until I board and check MDR menus. They usually have a book with menus available.

The menus from this thread are pretty much what we encountered on Summit in May:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1809454

Archived