Summit Deck Chaors

Giorgi-one

There have been several comments on these boards about the poor condition of deck chairs on Summit. Someone indicated earlier this week that they might have seen new chairs behind loaded in Bayonne. Can anyone confirm new deck chairs on Summit.

They may be new but they are probably the same as the old style.

One day having lunch in the Aqua Spa Cafe area the chair I sat on felt strange. I got up and looked at the seat and seen that a wooden slat was cracked. I weigh 155 lbs so I don't think I was the cause and I dont think anyones weight was the cause. I pointed it out to an attendant and he said it happens all the time. He didn't seem to concerned. With that remark they may be bringing more of those chairs where the slats break all of the time. :eek:

My cruise on the Summit was over on 5/26 and as we were leaving the port we did see new white strappy lounge chairs being loaded. They were the same lounge chairs that we had on deck 10 and 11 (pool deck). Hope this helps!

The wooden chaises by the T-pool and Aqua Spa are really nice. I'm surprised that any were cracked given how solidly built they are.

j

The chairs are those around the tables, not the loungers.

Those loungers are heavy duty and built to last and I guess that is why they don't replace them.

The cruise survey you receive (not sure if everyone on each sailing receives these) would be one avenue to note the deck chair problem. Or, if a Captain's Club member, via the web site "contact us" section. This way it's documented and hopefully sent on for review. Could also report it via the guest services section on the ship where it might get the attention of one of the ships officers but sometimes the lines preclude people from doing so.

Archived