Odds of little kids in the MDR....

darlacat

My daughter has been cruising since she was 3, she's about to go on her 8th cruise at age 7, she's never thrown a tantrum in the dining room, she's well versed in dining room behavior, we eat out a lot.

That being said, I prefer ATD over late seating

I have had so many more cruise experiences interrupted by adults acting like children then children acting like children. :rolleyes:

What about children acting like adults?

...first cruise is coming up fairly soon. We scheduled the late dinner seating, hoping that there will be fewer or no little kids there. Is this a good strategy? I love toddlers as much as the next person, (raised a couple myself), but would prefer to minimize the potential to hear screaming, crying, whining whilst trying to enjoy a nice dinner. I'm hoping that this is too late for most little kids - is it?

Good luck to you with that. We always get late dining when traveling alone. We just had a bad experience with kids at late dining on the Freedom May 18. We had a nice table for two, but next to us were 2 tables for 10. An extended Cuban family had those tables They put the kids at one table and the adults at the other table. The adults paid absolutely no attention to the kids. It was left to their waiter to entertain them and keep them from running around. The kids never ate their food, in spite of ordering hamburgers, hot dogs or chicken fingers and french fries every night. By the end of the evening the kids were practically laying on the table because they were so tired. Several times the kids bumped our table spilling water or wine when running around. The other issue was they never showed up on time. They were often 45 minutes late or more, which messed up 2 different waiters as each of the family's tables were assigned to different waiters. Instead of our dinner being a leisurely affair we got out of there as soon as we could.

Good luck to you with that. We always get late dining when traveling alone. We just had a bad experience with kids at late dining on the Freedom May 18. We had a nice table for two, but next to us were 2 tables for 10. An extended Cuban family had those tables They put the kids at one table and the adults at the other table. The adults paid absolutely no attention to the kids. It was left to their waiter to entertain them and keep them from running around. The kids never ate their food, in spite of ordering hamburgers, hot dogs or chicken fingers and french fries every night. By the end of the evening the kids were practically laying on the table because they were so tired. Several times the kids bumped our table spilling water or wine when running around. The other issue was they never showed up on time. They were often 45 minutes late or more, which messed up 2 different waiters as each of the family's tables were assigned to different waiters. Instead of our dinner being a leisurely affair we got out of there as soon as we could.

You have more patience than I. I would have asked to be moved.

As much as I dislike children, they are allowed to be there and their behavior will not change. The parents dont care, which is likely why the kids are brats to begin with, so saying anything to the parents is ineffective and only serves to aggravate yourself more when they inevitably become angry that somebody dare ask them to mind their children. You'll end up with obnoxious kids and angry parents!

The only option is to remove yourself from the situation.

Archived