Premium vs Classic

karena1

We have the Classic as a promo. Does anyone know what a White Russian Costs? Trying to decide to upgrade for $10 a day. I drink beer so not a big deal to me. Also, can you only upgrade one package or do you have to upgrade both? Also, can you wait and upgrage once on the ship vs upgrading before we go?

We had the classic package and found that you can get about any popular drink just by ordering it by the classic name. Screw driver, Martini, White Russian, Black Russian. All they will do is use the brand alcohol that fall under the classic package to make it. For example don't expect them to use Grey Goose or Belvedere. Classic package would be Absolute, Kettle One, Three Olives. Also the trick is to order by brand such as Absolute and orange juice, Jack Daniels and coke, If the brand doesn't fall under your classic plan the bar tender will let you know. If you don't order by brand they will pour from the unmarked bottle. I think that's how they make a profit from serving the well brands to those who have both the classic and premium package who won't care or wont know the difference. The only time you may have a problem is if you want to order a special drink off of a menu. Some are 8.50 and up but they have a good selection of drinks priced below $8.00

Just wanted to add if you plan on spending a lot of time at the Martini Bar or Michael's than it may be worth it to up grade. Although you can still be served drinks from the classic package here the menu drinks are all above the classic price point.

Archived