Princess Grill Cabins on Queen Victoria

EmilyB12

I am looking at P1/2 Cabin options on Queen Victoria. I've read some reviews which seem to highlight noise issues - either from Lido above Deck 8 or from Crew Access/Working Areas. There are some Deck 8 Cabins available and also 7062 as well as a couple on Deck 5.

I'm wondering if I've just happened to find very negative reviews and was trying to get more 'balanced' opinions.

Have done most of my cruising on QM2 and always been lucky to have very quiet/restful Cabins - apart from a wonderful gentleman from Scotland who played the bagpipes - (very well actually!) - but not always at appropriate times. ;) That, however, is another story! (and of course, nothing to do with my original query re cabin choice).

Many Thanks

Emily

If you have a choice, I would avoid deck 8 - we had 8079 and this was between the winter garden and lido where the walkway turned from carpet to lino. Whilst in bed at about 5am we heard trolleys trundling overhead which was quite annoying. If i could, I would choose deck 7 as you're in nice company due to there being a lot of QG suites on that deck, therefore less foot traffic overall.

I prefer deck 4 - slightly larger balconies. That being said, they are all good! We were on deck 8 once and had no problem with noise, although I know this has been a problem for some. Enjoy your trip!

I prefer deck 4 - slightly larger balconies. That being said, they are all good! We were on deck 8 once and had no problem with noise, although I know this has been a problem for some. Enjoy your trip!

Yes, I would go along with Safarigal, and go for deck 4 with the slightly larger balconies. There are a couple of rooms (the old P4 category) where the balconies with a curve are smaller, so perhaps try and avoid these if not booking on a g'tee basis.

Thank-you for your really useful replies. I know its been discussed on other threads but some reviews I've read (on various sites) were so negative that I sometimes wonder what planet these people live on!

Deck 4 wasn't an option so I went for Deck 7 and we are counting down the days now to our Queen Victoria voyage!

Thank-you for your really useful replies. I know its been discussed on other threads but some reviews I've read (on various sites) were so negative that I sometimes wonder what planet these people live on!

Deck 4 wasn't an option so I went for Deck 7 and we are counting down the days now to our Queen Victoria voyage!

Have a wonderful trip, and if the weather is good, have lunch in the Courtyard - it is one of my favourite places on the ship!:)

If you have a choice, I would avoid deck 8 - we had 8079 and this was between the winter garden and lido where the walkway turned from carpet to lino. Whilst in bed at about 5am we heard trolleys trundling overhead which was quite annoying. If i could, I would choose deck 7 as you're in nice company due to there being a lot of QG suites on that deck, therefore less foot traffic overall.

We were in stateroom 8123 & did hear a lot of noise from carts moving above us. I think I'd stay on deck 7 or lower to avoid that.

Beware of Deck 4, Midship on the QV. This Winter they had issues with a piece of machinery that would make noise at all hours of the day. We lasted from NYC-SFO, but moved cabins for the balance of our WC sectors (remaining on Deck 4). When we walked by Deck 4 midship weeks later the noise continued. I have no idea what it was, but we had never heard it before on the QV (this was our 7th or 8th time onboard her).

The funny new noise that we looked forward to each evening happened at 6pm when the Britannia Head Maitre D' barked out his orders to waitstaff Drill Sergeant style before the first sitting in the MDR. (We had one of the aft QG cabins and the Britannia restaurant was directly below us.) We always took this as our cue to start thinking about cocktails and bow ties (in that order).

PS- I have just looked up the original cabin. It was 4102- that seemed to be 'ground zero' for the noise and I would suggest that you avoid the area, if possible. I would agree that the larger balconies are nice...but our new one was nicer.

Archived