What happened

riclop

Last week i got an email stating that the new intineraries for Apr. 2014 to the end of the year would be out by Thur. 23. for the public, now a week later nothing. Are they related to Carnival?:D

Last week i got an email stating that the new intineraries for Apr. 2014 to the end of the year would be out by Thur. 23. for the public, now a week later nothing. Are they related to Carnival?:D

I receive emails on behalf of four people opted into the MSC mailing list and haven't received anything from them of late (other than a questionnaire invitation). Care to share the email here for clues?

I hadn't heard anything either and if theynwere going to be publishing them, that would have been far earlier than usual. They have in the past made US sailings available to book earlier than others.

Can't see how it could be related to Carnival though?

I hadn't heard anything either and if theynwere going to be publishing them, that would have been far earlier than usual. They have in the past made US sailings available to book earlier than others.

Can't see how it could be related to Carnival though?

The MSC search engine is currently giving a "system busy" message so something may be afoot.... (Unless of course it is the next stage of crippling the web site).

I decided not to go ahead with my October Orchestra repo - I have to return to Turkey this year - I am hoping, if I ask nicely, MSC will allow me to transfer my deposit to another cruise next year. Do you have any experience of this, Amomondo?

The MSC search engine is currently giving a "system busy" message so something may be afoot.... (Unless of course it is the next stage of crippling the web site).

I decided not to go ahead with my October Orchestra repo - I have to return to Turkey this year - I am hoping, if I ask nicely, MSC will allow me to transfer my deposit to another cruise next year. Do you have any experience of this, Amomondo?

Yes had to cancel several times and they have never allowed me to transfer deposits over

That said, I just expected this as it is part of the T&Cs, so did not try asking them to reconsider.......no harm in asking.

Yes had to cancel several times and they have never allowed me to transfer deposits over

That said, I just expected this as it is part of the T&Cs, so did not try asking them to reconsider.......no harm in asking.

Many thanks. I expect to lose my deposit but I thought I would wait until next year's itineraries are published and ask then. There is something in the T&C that says something along the lines of 'we will try to accommodate any change requests'. I imagine the UK office will say no but HQ may be more flexible. We shall see.

I receive emails on behalf of four people opted into the MSC mailing list and haven't received anything from them of late (other than a questionnaire invitation). Care to share the email here for clues?

Skipper Tim i see you do med cruises and i was refering to carib. I just called them and already they have cancelled a bermuda cruise that was suppose to be on May 17, she said give them another week. Again thats caribbean.

Skipper Tim i see you do med cruises and i was refering to carib. I just called them and already they have cancelled a bermuda cruise that was suppose to be on May 17, she said give them another week. Again thats caribbean.

I have never specified to MSC what my cruising interest is. You don't give your location but perhaps the email was sent by the USA office?

BTW, I have only ever done trans-oceanic cruises - bits of which have included the Med and Caribbean but also India, Arabia, the Far East and South America. I am hardly a 'Med' cruiser!

I have never specified to MSC what my cruising interest is. You don't give your location but perhaps the email was sent by the USA office?

BTW, I have only ever done trans-oceanic cruises - bits of which have included the Med and Caribbean but also India, Arabia, the Far East and South America. I am hardly a 'Med' cruiser!

Congrats on being an "WORLD CRUISER"!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Many thanks. I expect to lose my deposit but I thought I would wait until next year's itineraries are published and ask then. There is something in the T&C that says something along the lines of 'we will try to accommodate any change requests'. I imagine the UK office will say no but HQ may be more flexible. We shall see.

Tim,

Did you have any luck with getting your deposit back for this trip?

Tim,

Did you have any luck with getting your deposit back for this trip?

Earn, I don't expect my deposit back but there may be a slim chance of having it transferred to another cruise. As itineraries beyond April 2014 have not yet been released, and as I am booked up till then, I am still waiting to ask.

Why do you ask?

Hey Skipper - You should check with Travelocity. We booked the Divina on 9/20/12 for a cruise to the Caribbean on 11/30/13. The deposit was $200 (US) which is totally refundable until Sept 4th of this year. I am also able to book any excursions thru them which are actually cheaper that MSC's choices.

Worth a look........

Hey Skipper - You should check with Travelocity. We booked the Divina on 9/20/12 for a cruise to the Caribbean on 11/30/13. The deposit was $200 (US) which is totally refundable until Sept 4th of this year. I am also able to book any excursions thru them which are actually cheaper that MSC's choices.

Worth a look........

Many thanks but UK booking conditions are far harsher than those in the US. Booking deposits are generally never refundable. I have also read of occasions when the cruise fare has dropped and some US customers get on board credit as a result. There are no such benefits to UK customers. The most I can hope for is a transfer of the deposit to a new booking, possibly with a charge, but even this is very unlikely.

Just to clarify, MSC has also sorts of promos that any TA can book with a reduced deposit and you can cancel wth N.C.up to 3 months prior. As far as shore excursions any t.a. can book the same ones through a different vendor at a much reduced price with far fewer participants.

Last week on the Opera they were still selling cruises but from the old brochure? even they still do not have the new ones! they were also still selling the 10 Euro vouchers for OBC but at least telling people that you have to pay the Pronto price to use it, but they are still telling people you can use them on special offer prices on Grand Voyages when they clearly know that is not the case.

Tim, I got wind of a likely free business trip to Japan for meeting some targets. Didn't know the dates until the end of a conference i was at this weekend, but sure enough my worst fears have come to pass, i am eligible and the dates clash with our holiday. I can cancel my Iberia flights and just pay the £25 change charge, and would be very happy to book another MSC cruise either this year or next with the deposit, but don't imagine they will be up for that. Had I booked with RCI it would have been ok as making a free major change is a Diamond perk!

Need to think of all options. Could go to Tokyo on the 13th and then fly back to brazil on the 18th in time for cruise on the 19th.

Archived